Rooms and beds
Bedrooms: 5(People: 8)
Kids playroom/Guest bedroom 4
Kids room #2/guest bedroom #3
Guest bedroom 2
Guest bedroom 1
Bathrooms: 3, Separate WCs: 2
Toilet · Bath · Shower · Bidet
Downstairs powder room
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 8
Minimum age of primary renter: 21
- Swimming pool gates to be kept closed at all times. No children in the pool area without adults present. Thank you.
- ** By booking this property, the Traveler acknowledges, accepts, and commits to the terms of the attached Rental Agreement (RA).**
- Regarding the insurance requirement in the RA: Short-term insurance can be arranged inexpensively via an insurance broker, or by calling VRBO.
Hosted by Bartle BullAsk a question
About Bartle Bull
Owners Bartle and Claudia Bull are a writer/filmmaker and artist, respectively. After living in Manhattan for the last decade, we have recently moved to Millbrook to give our children a country upbringing in this well-loved area of dairy and beef farms, equestrian estates, orchards, woods, and trout streams.
Bartle Bull purchased this Estate in 2019
Why Bartle Bull chose Town of Dover
This historic house is a true American classic. Among the oldest of the larger houses in Millbrook, it was built in 1780--the high Georgian period, at the very apogee of Anglo-Saxon taste and design. It was the year that the Marquis de Lafayette--a Revolutionary comrade-in-arms of one of my ancestors whose family first acquired this land in a 160,000-acre 17th century land-grant from the Crown--sailed to these shores from France, in his frigate the Hermione.
What makes this Estate unique
1) Built in 1780, this house was entirely renovated only five years ago. It is extremely rare to find a house--in Millbrook, anyway--of this pedigree that feels "modern" inside, with large, open rooms and a freshly built, light-filled feeling. 2) The "footprint" of the greater Millbrook area is perhaps 40 miles across.... and much of the area is well over two hours from NYC even in favorable traffic. Set in the most beautiful and prestigious section of South Millbrook, Tatankaska Farm is only 82 miles from Manhattan's Upper East Side--a ninety minute drive in moderately good conditions, less than that on weekends, and under two hours with all but very bad City traffic. 3) We are less than 5 miles from the Metro North train station at Dover Plains--a convenient and inexpensive trip from Grand Central or Harlem/125th St. stations on the East Side of Manhattan.
- English, French, Spanish
Property managers rent properties as a business.