Rooms and beds
Bedrooms: 1(People: 2)
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 60 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Check in after 3:00 PM
Check out before 10:00 AM
Maximum overnight guests: 2
Minimum age to rent: 26
No children allowed
No pets allowed
No events allowed
No smoking allowed
• Please use placemats under all plates, glasses, and water bottles, especially if contents iced • Please observe the central heating guidelines
• Please do not move large furniture • If moving small items, please be aware the joints are old, and avoid positioning close to radiators
• Please do not strip the bed • Please go easy on tidying up at the end of your stay (this is not expected by, or helpful to the housekeeper)
Hosted by Peter GeigerAsk a question
About Peter Geiger
I am an educator and collector and divide my time between San Francisco, California, United States, Edinburgh, United Kingdom and Palma de Mallorca, Spain. I value beauty in the built environment and a walkable capital city: Edinburgh surpasses my expectations—I have never before lived in a place with so much to offer so close by.
Peter Geiger purchased this Apartment in 2012
Why Peter Geiger chose New Town
The well-regarded New Town location is close to the shops and restaurants of Broughton Street. The raised Ground Floor contains the principal rooms of the Georgian house under 13 foot ceilings. The past few years have seen a renewed interest in times gone by and I have chosen a 'Downton Abbey' theme to the furnishings and decoration using reclaimed fixtures, antique furniture and period colors.
What makes this Apartment unique
The sunny eat-in kitchen, large dining hall, sunny studio bedroom and substantial drawing room with its two vast windows make this flat a very comfortable and versatile home. The kitchen, bath and laundry have all new appliances. Two period marble fireplaces (decorative only, not working), working window shutters and an eclectic collection of objects combine to create a unique feeling of serenity.
Private hosts do not rent properties as a trade, business or profession.