"Overall this is a nice place provided you are looking for a quiet condo and have tempered expectations of the local beach and pool.
- Overall quality of unit and complex (best in area?)
- Well equipped with several kitchen basics and beach stuff
- Spacious; great for sharing with another couple
- Local paths / trails are cool
- Retirement community vibe
- Beach within walking distance (A-bay) is a disappointment
- Nice pool area but not heated (cold!) and lots of rules (no toys, etc)
- Couch is in dire need of replacement
- Management company is nice and polite but behind the times with online booking (fax/mail)
- Local shopping areas areas (King/Queens shops) have buzz-kill elements like a Macy's and Macaroni Grill
We had a small maintenance issue that the manager attempted to remedy immediately. The floor is really dirty - probably from folks not taking off their shoes and tracking street grime on to the tile floor. We are strict shoes-off folks so after seeing black soles after 30 minutes I called to request a cleaning. They promptly came and re-washed but is didn't really help. I didn't push it. Overall the place is in nice condition but the floor needs some help. I suppose it is hard with a rental...
The complex is really nice but it was hard with a 4 year old - A-bay is a drag, cold pool, no pool toys permitted. All in, it is probably about the best you'll do in the Kohala area but it isn't a great family set up if you are comparing vs a resort."
Guest: Scott B.
Date of Stay: November 2016
Review Submitted: November 21, 2016