Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
This cute no-frills cottage is the perfect place for a small family or two couples who want an inexpensive base from which to enjoy Little Gasparilla Island. It is clean and comfortable and includes 3 free kayaks, beach chairs, a beach umbrella, outdoor shower, access to dock 36 and it is just a short one-minute walk to Little Gasparilla's beautiful beach.
This home also provides a $100 golf cart voucher toward the rental of a golf cart from LGI Carts to explore the island during your stay (valid for stays of a week or more only). You use this certificate just like cash and the renter is still responsible for any additional rental fees, security deposit and any damage fees. The voucher cannot be redeemed for cash should the guest elect not to rent a golf cart or if LGI carts has no availability. Please make golf cart reservations early!
The house is freshly painted in bright, cheery colors and is clean as a pin. An open front porch offers glimpses of the Gulf and has comfortable chairs and a table for outdoor dining. The living room is spacious and open with lots of built-in seating. The kitchen has a unique vintage table created with hundreds of shells collected from the beach by the previous owners.
The master bedroom has a double bed and the second bedroom has two twins. The bathroom has a tub/shower combination so bathing little ones is a breeze. The downstairs outdoor shower also makes it easy to rinse off after a trip to the beach. The home has a large pantry with lots of room for your groceries and the kitchen is stocked with everything you need for simple beach meals. You are welcome to use whatever you find in the pantry. Because the owners use the home themselves fairly often, the pantry is better stocked than most. There are puzzles and games for the occasional rainy day. The cottage is simple and unpretentious but perfect for a Little Gasparilla getaway!
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. This cottage has a charcoal grill.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and there is a $100 pet fee per pet.
INTERNET: There is no wired internet service on the island. There are a couple options for wifi. Most people just opt to use the mobile hotspots on their smartphones, especially if they have unlimited data or a large data plan. Cell service is excellent and that is the most convenient option...and it seems to work a bit faster. We can provide instructions on hot spotting if you are not familiar. If you do not have a smartphone, we provide a free Verizon jetpack BUT you have to purchase data AND YOU MUST REQUEST IT IN ADVANCE. You can either bring a Verizon card with you OR we can sell you one when we bring over the jetpack. You can buy as much data as you need, but it IS expensive....so we urge guests NOT to plan on using the jetpack for entertainment...no streaming music or videos, etc. It is more than adequate for checking emails, etc. and most people use about 2G of data per week which is $35. 5G is $60 and 10G is $100. (It is sort of like a cruise where you have to pay for the minutes you are on-line.) You just need to let us know in advance so we can make sure we have a fully charged jetpack available for you. If you bring a Verizon card with you, we can show you how to add the data. Or, we can pre-add data prior to your arrival but you have to let us know how much you think you will need. Just keep in mind that it is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland, and anything that uses up a lot of data will increase your costs. (It is especially helpful to remind kids and teenagers who are used to unlimited data!) We usually suggest that people download books and movies to their tablets or e-readers BEFORE coming to the island.
PLEASE NOTE: We do require that two members of each group must be over 25 years of age. We apologize, but we can NOT rent to college groups as a courtesy to the homeowners and our island neighbors. Guests will be evicted if found not to meet age requirements upon check in. Additionally, we can not exceed capacity in island homes due to the fragile septic systems.