Lakefront Luxurious Cabin Just Became Available Over Christmas & New Years!!!
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Waters Edge is a luxurious, new (finished July '07) custom built log cabin on the shore of beautiful, sparkling Watauga Lake. With 106 miles of shoreline and fabulous coves and islands to explore, use the canoe and kayak provided or bring your own boat and keep it at your very own private dock that comes with the cabin. Rental boats are also available at Fish Springs Marina, with a $10.00 discount for guests of Waters Edge.
If you have to stay in touch with the office, don't fret. Hook up to the wireless network high speed internet, plus make unlimited long distance calls within the continental U.S.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES GALORE!!!: There are plenty of activities close by including horseback riding, biking, mountain biking, white water rafting, snow skiing and tubing, sledding, ice skating, hiking (including the Appalachian Trail just 15 minutes away), fishing, golfing, shopping/strolling in Boone/Blowing Rock, or sightseeing and other activities at many outdoor parks anywhere from 10 minutes to 45-60 minutes away. Grandfather Mountain, Chimney Rock and the Blue Ridge Parkway are a few of the more well known destinations, but there are plenty more to be discovered. Bring your bikes and ride on Sink Valley Road right in front of Waters Edge, or transport them to biking trails in the area, including one near the Mast General Store outside of Boone, North Carolina and the Virginia Creeper Trail out of Abingdon, Virginia to the north. And if none of that interests you, just sit back on one of the four decks and take in the beautiful scenery of the lake and mountains.
NOT SO OUDOOR ACTIVITIES: For those who are not into outdoor activities, there are plenty of other activities. The Butler Museum tells the story of Butler, The Town that Wouldn't Drown! The town used to be at what is now the bottom of Watauga Lake. Old structures, signs and roads are explored by avid scuba divers. In Boone, NC near Appalachian State University and in Blowing Rock, NC, there are plenty of shops with arts, pottery, clothing and collectibles. There are also quite a few excellent restaurants. For bigger city shoppers, Johnson City, TN is not far away. Before you get to Johnson City is Elizabethton which has its own set of smaller town shops, restaurants and even an oldies car show downtown on the weekend nights in the warmer months.
YOUR VACATION ESCAPE: Escape to Waters Edge for a true retreat in the mountains of Tennessee and nearby North Carolina! The lake and national forest are at your doorstep. This lake home is truly waterfront with its own dock in the backyard. Bring your own boat or rent one nearby,. Keep it at the dock which is just steps from the cabin. Join our group of guests who say Waters Edge is the best cabin on Watauga Lake, and keep comin' back!
Fall colors abound around Waters Edge and in the vicinity. Panoramic views are found in any direction you drive.
During the winter, there are 4 ski slopes within a 40 to 50-minute drive. Enjoy the challenge and bustle of the slopes during the day, then escape to your own private mountain lake home. You will easily be able to unwind and relax in front of the home theater system, stone fireplace, Jacuzzi, or fire ring by the lake.
The calendar fills up quickly and well in advance. Make your reservation today and come escape and relax at WATERS EDGE!!!
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
+1 941720 x 8113
Member since: 2008
- 3500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- The four Bedrooms sleep eight, then the two queen sleeper sofas sleep four more. These are located in the Living Room on the Main Level and in the Family Room on the Lower Level. All Bedrooms, including the Loft Bedroom have doors for privacy, plus plenty of furniture, closets and an armoire for clothes. Ceiling fans are found in each Bedroom. All Bedrooms have views of the lake....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- You will find the Bathrooms are luxuriously furnished and more than ample for your group. The outdoor shower during the warmer months is a definite plus, and great for rinsing off when coming in from the lake or outdoors. Custom decor has been carefully selected for each of the Bathrooms inside. There is a window above the Jacuzzi in the Master Bathroom through which the foliage, blue sky, or starlit night sky can be viewed while unwinding....moreless
- To clarify, the iron and board are in the Laundry Room, not the Kitchen. There is a fully equipped gourmet kitchen on the Main Level with everything we could think of that you will need. There is also a Kitchenette/Wet Bar on the Lower Level with a microwave oven, additional coffee maker and full refrigerator. Both refrigerators have ice makers and the one on the Main Level also dispenses cool water. On the Main Level is a stone fireplace with gas logs, widescreen TV with home theater system, CD/DVD players, stereo tuner, and controls for outdoor speakers on 3 of the 4 decks. There is also an LCD TV and CD/DVD player on the Lower Level in the Family Room. The pool and game tables are also here. Life vests, canoe, and kayak with paddles are provided. You have your own private dock in your backyard with a swim ladder and plenty of room to tie up the canoe, kayak, your own boat, or a rental boat if you decide to get one. Next to the dock is a fire ring and bench....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Autumn Foliage
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 12 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Ducted Cooling
- Ducted Heating
- Free Long Distance:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Area
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking Off Street:
Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
This can be done in driveway but will restrict the number of cars that can be parked there. Trailer parking may be available at Bay View RV Park (in Butler, a 3-minute drive) or Fish Springs Marina (a 10-minute drive)....moreless
- Security System
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Ice Maker
Located on the Main Floor is a fully equipped Kitchen including all standard appliances, dishwasher, microwave, blender, and coffee maker. A Kitchenette/Wet Bar with a sink, microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator is located on the Lower Level. Both refrigerators have ice makers....moreless
- Lobster Pot
- Boat Dock
Deck / Patio:
(4) Four decks are provided - two on the Main Floor and two on the Lower Level. Two have roofs and one has a deck above. Two picnic tables, and two round tables with plenty of chairs are included. Phenomenal views of the lake and mountains are provided for you enjoyment! Outside stereo speakers complete your vacation package....moreless
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Entertainment Area
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Walkway To Water
- Wood Deck
$225-$395/nt US Dollars US Dollars; $225-$395/night, 7 night minimum during summer (peak season), 5 to 7 night minimum for holidays,; & 2 night minimum at all other times. Cleaning ($150.00), pet fee ($100.00), taxes(13.5% on rent & cleaning), & refundable deposit. for theft, damage, etc. ; ; ; ; Dates Available: Year Round
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Boating, swimming, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, shooting targets, national forest, parks, snow skiing, ice skating, NASCAR Bristol Race, Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Appalachian Trail, Virginia Creeper Trail, bicycling, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, jet skiing, Blue Ridge Parkway, fall colors, Appalachian State University, bluegrass music, car show in Elizabethton, antiquing, sightseeing, scuba diving.
40 Minutes to Johnson City, TN & 45 Minutes to Boone, NC
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: My wife and I are environmental consultants in Florida who love to escape to the Appalachian mountains. Good quality lake water is important to us in our profession and our free time. Those are prime reasons why we chose to build on the shores of Watauga Lake - the mountains (elevation of 2000 feet at our home) and absolutely great water quality. We enjoy it all at Waters Edge - all outdoor activities, relaxing in the cabin, cooking with family and friends, and enjoying the mountains. When we leave Waters Edge, we are saddened but already planning our next trip back. We have made Waters Edge a truly premier cabin for us and our guests. We have carefully planned and selected everything you will need to enjoy your stay. We have it cleaned and maintained meticulously to keep it in that premier shape. We are sure you will notice it and it will add to your enjoyment.
Why the Owner Chose Butler, TN, USA:
We chose Watauga Lake out of twelve lakes we were looking at in the southeast because of its elevation, its great water quality, and lack of crowding. Sixty percent of the watershed is occupied by the Cherokee National Forest and will never be developed. There are no weekend or summertime boat jams on Watauga. We also wanted mountains and views of them from the cabin. On Watauga we got it all! It is the perfect vacation lake home for year round enjoyment. There are indoor and outdoor activities at the home or close by during all four seasons. Our home is in the country, but convenient to the cities. Once you experience our lake home, no others will do!
- Primary: +1 941720 x 8113
- Secondary: +1 941 795-7962 Florida, USA
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - View our website for more information!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Lakefront View of Vacation Cabin & Dock
Gourmet Kitchen, Bar, & Dining Area
Living Room Stairs to Loft
Lakeview Loft Bedroom with Queen
Master Bath Jacuzzi
Master Deck with Mountains in Winter
Balcony from Master Deck to Main Deck
Deck with Outside Shower below Main Deck
Family Room Queen Sleeper, Game Tables, Wet Bar
Lower Lakefront Bedroom with Queen
Lake along West Side
Tubing on Watauga
Living Room Queen, Fireplace, Widescreen
Kitchen & Dining Area with Loft Sitting Area above
Loft Sitting Area
Cozy Fireplace in Living Room with Snow Covered Main Deck
Lakefront Master Bedroom & Deck
Lake & Mountains from Master Deck
Main Deck off Kitchen at Night
Lakefront Family Room with Entertainment Center
Lower Lakeview Twin Bedroom
Lower Lakefront Deck
Cabin from East after Late Winter Snow
Lake Cabin becomes Chalet in Winter
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- Response time Within 24 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 10/26/2016