House, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2.5+ Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Our stay at Casa Sandra was wonderful! What an amazing setting. We only got two really clear, great sunsets during our stay, but they were magnificent. The monkeys came by a few times, and they loved swinging on the second floor balcony, and playing peek-a-boo with us. Fernanda and Thomas were such a help. While in the area, we visited beaches, did some hikes and did the ATV rental. We are not at all group/tour people - we prefer to go out on our own and do the hidden-gem type things. In this area, booking tours is critical if you want to see anything. We ate at a few of the restaurants at the marina, and near Playa Biesanz (a great beach). We did not have 4 wheel drive, and made it around fine. We would have preferred a higher sitting vehicle, however, as the driveway into Casa Sandra is steep. You will love your time at Casa Sandra!
Beautiful Property with a Great Location
Casa Sandra is a beautiful property with amazing views and is within walking distance of a number of the most popular spots in Manuel Antonio, which made getting around easy. The concierge made setting up a private chef (highly recommended) and activities a breeze with pickup right at the villa. The A/C units on each floor were able to keep the entire villa a pleasant temperature, and we even had a monkey jump up onto the top floor balcony while we were sitting outside. I would strongly consider staying here again in the future.
Traveling to Costa Rica?? Book Casa Sandra!! Before getting there, the concierges Thomas and Angie assisted me with arranging transportation, scheduling excursions, in-home massages and chef prepared dinner! Our weeks' itinerary was awaiting when we checked into the house. Casa Sandra was decorated perfectly with quality furnishings. The views were breathtaking and located just minutes away from Manuel Antonio National Park and the coast. There were restaurants, supermarket and liquor store just a block away from the house easily accessible by walking. Casa Sandra's A/C was an added perk! It truly had every accommodation to feel like your home away from home. I HIGHLY recommend Casa Sandra and will be a repeat guest myself!!
Well maintained property with excellent location
We stayed 4 nights at Casa Sandra in early July this year. The house and it location are excellent. It is very convenient to take buses to visit Manuel Antonio National Park or to the town of Quepos. Yes. We do have monkey visited us at the balcony. Thomas and Angie are both great to help us book tours and private shuttles. They would contact you ahead of your trip to provide suggestions and stay good contact with you during your stay.We can't enjoy our stay more!
The views were wonderful and the house was decorated in a tasteful way.
We enjoyed waking up to the sounds of birds, monkeys and an ocean view.
Beautiful home, outstanding views!!
We just returned from our first trip to Costa Rica and we really enjoyed Casa Sandra as a home base to explore Manuel Antionio and the surrounding area. The house is great for familes to spread out, we loved having a master suite on the 3rd floor and the kids on the first with a common floor in between. There's so much to do in Manuel Antonio with so many activities that everyone needed their own space for down time.
From the master balcony we saw and heard an amazing array of birds (including 4 scarlet macaws, I nearly fainted with excitement) and we had lots of visits from the capuchin monkeys on the master balcony (don't leave anything outside, they are curious) Most of the "action" outside happens between 5 and 7am so early risers will enjoy this balcony the most. The kitchen and dining area are so roomy and well-appointed and all of the balconies are gorgeous. Thomas and Angie were so helpful in helping us plan our excursions prior to arrival, they are just a Text or WhatsApp away while you are there! They also helped us arrange for a car from the airport, you definitely don't need a car in Manuel Antonio. Some other tips for those considering this house:
* It's in a very quiet and safe residential neighborhood and is a 3 minute walk from the main road and a bus stop where taxis also pick you up
* It's a 5 minute walk to a very well stocked grocery store called Super Joseth
* It's a 10 minute (and $1.50) bus ride to the bottom of Manuel Antonio and the park entrance, the bus is so easy and convenient.
* Our favorite beach was Playa Espadilla Sur, if you use one of the tent/umbrella rental people on the beach close to the bus stop they have arrangements with the restaurant across the street for their clients to use the restrooms, helpful when you are there all day!
* We enjoyed the ATV/rainforest tour, the Eco Jetski tour and the Manuel Antonio guided tour with HP Tours, Dixon was great! We also enjoyed parasailing from Playa Espadilla. I also had an amazing massage on the beach under a tent.
* NOTE: We didn't need nearly the quantity of bug spray that people recommended in other reviews and on Trip Advisor, I only wore it in the rainforest and never got bit once on our balcony or in town, no need to overpack bug spray like we did, plus it's not un-affordable at the Super Joseth.
Thank you Casa Sandra for a lovely trip and we can't wait to return back to the amazingly beautiful Costa Rica!!!
Butterfly Garden, Manuel Antonio National Park, Canopy Tours, White Water Rafting, Waterfall Repelling, Soccer Games, Beachcombing, Yoga Studio, Casino, and Nightlife: Dance Clubs, Live Music, and Bars