About this rental
Rooms & beds
Bedrooms: 2(Sleeps: 5)
Living area sleeping 3
The Moose Room, Glamping nearby
Toilet · Shower
- Satellite or cable
- Washer & dryer
- No smoking
Hosted by Mickey WrightAsk a question
About Mickey Wright
Since retiring from teaching in 2000, sisters Mickey and Evelyn began a whole new venture breeding and raising alpacas. These gentle and intelligent animals have been our full-time pleasure. In 2009 the Alpaca Barnhaus was ready for vacation renters.
Why Mickey Wright chose Sandoval County
Thompson Ridge, where Aspen Ridge Alpacas of Northern New Mexico and the Alpaca Barnhaus are located, is in the midst of a National Forest. At at altitude of 8700' we enjoy aspen stands and conifers, mild summers, colorful autumns, white winters, and delightful springs. The climate is perfect for us.
What makes this House unique
Nature abounds with mountain flowers, hummingbirds, eagles, deer, elk, rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels, and more. Just open the door and walk in any direction to discover the blessings of the natural world. To make your stay at the Alpaca Barnhaus really unique, Mickey and Evelyn invite you to learn about their wonderful alpacas and what alpaca ranching is all about. Their livestock guardian dog, Sunny, is people friendly, too. In June the alpacas are sheared. Bags of the most incredible fleece are collected for sale or to be made into yarn, batts (for felting), and roving (for spinning). We have a store featuring quality alpaca products. Come and experience this most unique area as well as the alpacas. This part of New Mexico is truly enchanting.
- english, german
- 100% refund of amount paid if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund of amount paid (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Friendly dogs at barn. Friendly dogs at barn.
Max guests: 5
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- Barnhaus guests are not allowed in the alpaca barn area unless accompanied by one of the owners (Mickey or Evelyn).
- For no cleaning charge the house must be left as found. Or you can opt to pay $60 fee. Please put towels and sheets (in pillow cases) in the kitchen.
- PARKING: Summer: Park in front of The Alpaca Barnhaus off Aspen Dr. 830 Aspen Dr. Winter: Access off Squirrel Trail. Park at barn area . AWD/4WD.