Quaint and Affordable Beach House!(7 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-6 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 7-9)
LOCATION: Located on Evergreen Road
Joan's Ark, a quaint, affordable beach house, is a well-equipped home perfect for families and friends wanting to get away and enjoy the beach. It is just a short 5-minute walk to a recently expanded beach and provides the following for a perfect getaway:
· A remodeled and well-equipped kitchen, perfect for communal meals
· A partial wraparound deck that has a meal table and a new stainless steel, gas grill
· 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a bright, comfortable living area
· An outdoor shower
· Located on the bay side, it provides a wonderful network of canals and bird life to view on morning and evening strolls; one can also enjoy crabbing and fishing from the canals
· Plenty of parking
· An affordable rental fee that is significantly lower than comparable rental homes
· House cleaning before arrival and after departure during high season; outside of high season there is an extra fee
· Port-a-crib available for use
· Near a walking and bike path
· A short drive to a surfing beach, kayaking, and several state seashore parks
· Located in South Bethany, one of the “Quiet Resorts”
· On a quiet night in the Quiet Resort, you can hear the ocean
CHECK THE CALENDAR FOR AVAILABILITY
(Must have a renter at least 25 years or older)
Keywords: bungalow, cottage, walk to beach, family, affordable, remodel, casa, Bethany beach, Delaware, beach, cheap, charming, ocean, water, sleeps
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 7-9
- Queen size Beds (1) Master Bedroom., Double Beds (2) One double in its own room and the other double in another room as part of a bunk bed with a single bed on top., Twin or Single Beds (1) On top of double bunk bed, Baby Crib (1) We may have a pack and play for use., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Queen sized bed in living room. We made this a comfortable, actually useable bed!, Bunk Beds (1) Double Bed with single bunk on top....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Just a short 5-minute walk to a recently expanded beach · A remodeled and well-equipped kitchen, perfect for communal meals · A partial wraparound deck that has a meal table and a new stainless steel, gas grill · 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a bright, comfortable living area · WIFI, Cable, TVs in two rooms · An outdoor shower · Located on the bayside, it provides a wonderful network of canals and birdlife to view on morning and evening strolls · Plenty of parking · An affordable rental fee that is significantly lower than comparable rental homes · Located in South Bethany, one of the “Quiet Resorts” SEE CALENDAR BELOW FOR AVAILABILITY...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 30 - May 4, 2017
2 night min stay
May 5 - May 18, 2017
2 night min stay
May 19 - Jun 29, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 30 - Aug 3, 2017
6 night min stay
Aug 4 - Sep 7, 2017
5 night min stay
Sep 8 - Oct 1, 2017
2 night min stay
Oct 2 - Oct 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Tax Rate 8%
Rates are subject to change. Weekly Rentals are Friday to Friday (VRBO doesn't allow dates to overlap so shows 6 nights, but weekly rentals are from Friday to Friday). Weekly rentals take priority over nightly rentals during Regular and High season. The week will show available to other renters until deposit is received and cleared. Regular and High Season weekly rentals include cleaning fee. A $95 cleaning fee will be added for any rental less than one week. Memorial and Labor Day Weekend requires a minimum 3 night stay; renters may stay additional days at the Regular Season rate.
Renters may pay via check or money order. Access info is not given until check is cleared or money order is received. Cleaning fee included for High Season. Cleaning fee is not included for other seasons, $95 xtra. 8% Rental tax addtl. $250 refundable security deposit. Half Rental + Security Deposit due within 1 week of verbal or rental released to next inquiry. Balance due at least 2 weeks prior.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Renter must bring own linens including bed linens, bath towels, and beach towels. You'll want to also bring your own beach chairs and umbrella. At least one renter must be 25 years of age or older and provide a copy of their driver's license or passport.
Year Purchased: 1993
About the owner: The house was originally purchased by our mother in 1993, I believe. When mom retired, she made South Bethany her spring through fall retirement home. She passed away in 2004 and left the home to my siblings and me so that we could keep the tradition of gathering the grandchildren together. We have been renting it to close friends and friends of friends and decided to give VRBO a try and see how it works. We keep the house updated and clean, and it is very well-equipped and homey. I work in higher education and live in Utah, but I have three siblings in the DC area who maintain the home. This house is very special to us and we hope the VRBO renters find it as special a place as we do.
Why the Owner Chose Sandpiper Pines (South Bethany, DE, USA):
At the time mom bought the house, the Delaware shore was virtually 'unknown' and she liked the quiet nature it afforded. She wanted a place where all the grandkids could gather and play, and this beach is perfect for that. We love the proximity to the beach itself and that it is a private beach. The towns of South Bethany and Bethany Beach take such wonderful care of the dunes and the shore. The beach has fewer restrictions on what you are allowed to do, but still there is a definite dedication by the residents and renters to keeping it clean and safe. The canals near our home and the bay provide a wonderful place to take a walk and spot a variety of birds and wildlife. There’s a bike path that runs along the neighborhood—perfect for a walk, run, or bike ride either north to Dewey Beach or south to Ocean City.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We love taking walks along the beach. We often get to enjoy watching dolphins frolic in the water during those walks. Since the house is such a short distance to the beach, it makes it easy to come and go throughout the day – great when you have young children or just want a quick bite to eat. We enjoy the quiet and friendly aspect of the neighborhood. Depending on your mood and activity level, there are so many activities available in the Bethany Beach area, from reading a book on the beach to bike riding to parasailing and even surfing. At night when it is quiet, we can sometimes hear the ocean. Bethany Beach is such a lovely, beautiful place that it will make your time away from home so very special.
- Primary: +1 8015982235 Anne at Mountain Time
- Secondary: +1 7033092474 Molly at Eastern Time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Quaint Beach house within walking distance of beach and plenty of parking!
A bright and relaxing living area!
Master bedroom with Full Bath
A bright, large, and well-equipped kitchen for cooking and entertaining!
Spacious eating area perfect for communal meals!
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.