Rooms & beds
Bedrooms: 3(Sleeps: 6)
twin/ single (2)
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 60 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
No pets - Please inquire about our pet policyPlease inquire about our pet policy
Events allowed - Event fees apply and require additional insuranceEvent fees apply and require additional insurance
No smoking - There is a 500$ charge if smoking occursThere is a 500$ charge if smoking occurs
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 7
- If using "INSTANT BOOKING" make sure your departure/arrival day is a Saturday - we can ONLY accept Saturday to Saturday rentals from June 1 - Sept 28
- For multi-week rentals, a non-refundable damage waiver of 99$ will be charged for each additional week of your stay (partial or full)
- Multi-week rentals must be cleaned each week. You will be charged separately for any additional cleaning fees.
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Cleaned with disinfectant
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC/140ºF
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (like countertops, light switches, handles, and faucets)
Hosted by Carter SmithAsk a question
About Carter Smith
I'm a photographer and filmmaker who loves renovating historic homes. I'm from Bailey Island originally, but now spend my time between New York City and Maine. I love creating spaces that help people experience the magic of this incredibly special place. THE GILLS GROUP cottages are not just rental properties to me, they are homes I created to spend time with people I love.
Carter Smith purchased this Cottage in 2001
Why Carter Smith chose Bailey Island
Spending time at The Gills is like stepping back in time - when life was simpler and moved at a much slower pace. Falling asleep to the sound of the ocean and waking to that magnificent sunrise is like medicine for the soul. Sounds corny but it's absolutely true.
What makes this Cottage unique
THE GILLS GROUP property manager Dave Johnson is an island local who is also a lobsterman. We can arrange delivery of fresh lobsters directly to your doorstep during your stay. The Gills can also be rented along with one of my other cottages from THE GILLS GROUP - Jaquish Lane (VRBO # 733483) which is directly next door and sleeps 12 or The Red House (VRBO # 1063510) which is across the street with a private pebble beach and 100 foot wharf. The Red House sleeps 4.