Nestled in the small highland bay of Paxanax, below the village of Santa Cruz La Laguna, our villa provides tranquility and stunning lakefront views of 3 unsurpassable sentinel volcanoes.
• Open space living area with fire place and fully equipped kitchen with WIFI
• 3 double bedrooms (1 with Queen Bed, 2 with 2 twin beds). 1 bathroom with bathtub.
• Exterior stairs lead you to the Master bedroom with uninterrupted tree-top views of the lake and the volcanoes.
• A large front terrace with hammock & with lake views used as eating/recreational area doubles the size of the house
• WIFI, a book library, DVD's, wooden floors, fireplace and views to die for
• Lake front garden filled with tropical flowers and fruit trees
• A private dock available for sunbathing, or to take long cool swims
• Cleaning included in price (should you want it)
• Public lancha (boat) goes back and forth every half hour or hour or let us arrange a private boat
• enjoy paradise while you rock in the hammock to the rhythm of the waves.
• Fresh groceries can be purchased in Panajachel every day or at La Iguana Perdida at their Saturday’s fresh farmers market
• Lake Atitlan provides a multitude of interesting daily tours and activities around the Mayan villages (see our manual)
• Yoga Classes, massages and other therapies are available nearby at Villa Sumaya
Although Aldous Huxley's comment that Lake Atitlan is the ''most beautiful lake in the world'' His actually words were: 'It is really too much of a good thing.' Come and judge for yourself, we will be delighted to host you!
We will send you an email a week before arrival with a code for the lockbox by the front door where we keep the house key. Flor can arrange your pick up to take you to our Villa. You have access to the whole house. Mi casa, Tu Casa :)
If you’re looking for a "different and authentic" vacation experience, Casa Paxanax is your perfect option. Located on the shores of famous Lake Atitlan. Santa Cruz is an authentic Mayan village, which is situated at the top of the hill, from where the house is located. Feel free and safe to walk around. If you are interested in Mayan culture, this is a must! There are several nearby bars/restaurants within walking distance to connect with other fellow travelers.
In the village, get around by walking to any of the nearby restaurants/bars or retreat centers. Santa Cruz is a 15 minute boat-ride away from the main town of Panajachel, but situated close to several bars and restaurants for easy access to entertainment and meeting other fellow travelers. Otherwise, you can always take a boat to one of the nearby villages to explore the lake!
Other things to note
• The home is located a short boat ride away from Panajachel. The public boats run daily, leaving every half an hour from 6am to 6:30 pm (cost is 10-15Q ($1.50-$2.00 per person).
• We can also arrange a private boat for you from Pana, (cost around $25)
• You will need to park your car in Panajachel, by the dock Kayucos Marina private packing. The cost is Q75/night.
• Shuttle service or Uber is also another way to arrive from Antigua, Xela or the City. We can help you organize your shuttle.