About the property
- Apartment1858 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay5 nights
Apartment, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
The perfect getaway for a family or romantic vacation. Beautiful and exclusive villa (30 units). Large balcony, where you can enjoy great ocean and pool views. The Villa has a wonderful open concept kitchen/dinning/living room area, where you can relax. Complex with pool, gazebo and playground.
The apartment has beach access to 7 Seas and Playa Escondida. It is walking distance to restaurants and the Nature Reserve Las Cabezas de San Juan, where you can go night kayaking to the bioluminescent bay. Drive less than 2 minutes to Las Croabas fisherman’s village: a tourist area where you can take water taxis or catamaran snorkeling full day trips to small cays like Palominito and Icacos; El Conquistador Hotel & Casino with golf course, restaurants, spa and tennis courts. The famous Luquillo Beach and El Yunque Tropical Rain Forest are only 15 min. away. Hospital, supermarkets, shopping center, restaurants, ferry to Vieques & Culebra are all less than 5 min. from the villa.
Walking Distance Activities:
1. Seven Seas Beach: across the street from the apartment is one of the top beaches of the world. A popular beach for snorkeling around the coral reefs and water sports. The region is part of the National Parks System and is considered a 'World Blue Flag Beach'. The blue flag distinction means a beach has to comply with a set of very strict standards in terms of water quality, safety and services.
2. Nature Reserve Las Cabezas de San Juan: including walking tours of the Lighthouse and museum.
3. Playa Escondida and Playa Colora: two of the most secluded beaches of the area where you can find beautiful panoramic views in very calm waters (where the Governor's summer house is located).
1. Las Croabas Village: A fisherman's village where you can find restaurants, kiosks of seafood and souvenirs. It is a fantastic area where you can take water taxis or catamaran's snorkeling full day trips to nearby islands like Icacos, Palomino, Palominito.
2. Kayak Tours of the Bioluminescent Laguna Grande: Puerto Rico is home of 3 of the only 5 bioluminescent bays in the world. And Seven Seas, Fajardo is home of one of them. Here you have the opportunity to go on night kayaking tours of the bay.
3. El Conquistador Hotel: The most luxurious hotel on the island offering fine dining, shopping, world class casino, dancing, bar/pub, golf, tennis and the best Spa in the island, among other activities.
4. Ferry Boats to Culebra and Vieques: 5 min. by car in the town of Fajardo ferryboats can take you to Vieques and Culebra. with more places to explore and world renown beaches to enjoy. In Mosquito Bay, Vieques is one of the other bioluminescent bays in the World.
Other Things to do:
1. El Yunque Tropical Rain Forest: Located at the town of Luquillo, it's the only rainforest that belongs to the U.S. Forest Service. Beautifull and peaceful mountain with lots of hiking trails and waterfalls. It is nominated to be one of the new 7 wonders of nature. (20 min. drive)
2. Hacienda Carabali: A 600 acres ranch located in the foothills of El Yunque Rainforest. Here you can explore this unique rainforest ecosystem in a wide range of adventures: mount 'paso fino' horses, 4 wheel drive ATV, mountain bike excursions, go kart racetrack. (20 min. drive)
3. Canovanas Factory Outlet Mall: Where you can find major brand stores. (30 min. drive)
4. Old San Juan District: You can recapture the sense of visiting a village by walking the cobblestones streets of Old San Juan, the second-oldest European-founded city in the Americas. Visit the fortresses (declared World Heritage Sites by Unesco), museums, art galleries, restaurants and shops. (60 min. drive)
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- English, Spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
About Patricia Lopez
I am a Dr. in Optometry. I am married and have a girl of 3 years old, she is my life. My husband has a 13 and a 16 yr old daughter.
Why Patricia Lopez chose Cabezas
This ample apartment is a special place that we acquired to enjoy with family and friends. We relax and disconnect ourselves from work and the big city life. Even thou you have everything close by (stores, supermarket, etc.) it is like being in another place. The 7 Seas area in Fajardo is well know for its lovely beaches and the Natural Reserve of Las Cabezas with the bioluminicent bay.
What makes this Apartment unique
It is a relaxing place with the most beautiful beaches and I enjoy the ocean view from the apartment. We just walk about 200 meters and my feet can feel the sand and then the warm blue water. The complex is small, neighbors are nice, and it’s really in front of the beach. The town is small and the people are very friendly . We have a lot of activities and restaurants within walking distance.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Helpful hosts, well equiped condo across the street from the beach, no power outages for us
Our group of 5 stayed in this beachfront condo for a week to escape the snowy weather in Canada. During our initial research for accommodations, it was hard to tell which places had power and water restored after hurricane Maria. We chose this place in large part because there was a review from guests who stayed there post hurricane. The thing we were most grateful for was that Mr. Lopez met us at the airport at 1am to give us the keys for the condo so we could spend our first night there. Initially we figured we would have to spend the first night at a hotel in San Juan because of our late arrival but we were so glad to be able to settle into our condo when we arrived. The Lopez family had even bought bread, sandwich meat, and coffee for us in case we needed a snack/breakfast when we arrived.
My parents stayed in the master bedroom. It was spacious and had an ensuite bathroom and access to the patio. My sister had the second bedroom with a queen sized bed and my friend and I shared the 3rd bedroom which has a bunk bed (queen on bottom, single on top and trundle bed that pulls out). Because neither of us really wanted to climb onto the top bunk, we pulled out the trundle bed and I slept on that. All the beds including the trundle had comfortable mattresses and all the bedrooms had air-conditioning. The living area did not have air-conditioning, so we left the bedroom doors open so that it did not get too hot and humid. The only thing lacking was sheets for me but when I called Patricia to ask where I could find some, she offered to pay us back if we purchased some as she doesn't live close to the condo. This was not a big problem for us as there are stores about 10 minutes away (Walmart, walgreens, groceries, etc).
The living area and kitchen are lovely, (as the pictures show) and are very well equipped. We found everything we needed in the kitchen to prepare our own meals. There were cutting boards, a variety of pots and frying pans, a blender we used for smoothies, a cute little coffee pot and lots of containers we used to store leftovers and pack lunches. We ate some meals outside on the patio overlooking the pool AND ocean.
There were barely any other guests in the gated community while we were there. We are assuming this is because tourists are slow to return to Puerto Rico since the hurricane. It meant that we had the pool area all to ourselves every day which was lovely. We would strongly recommend staying here.
Thank you for your excellent and detailed review. It was a pleasure having you as our guests.
Perfect spot for family gatherings
Spacious, quite, conveniently located. Beach is right across the street. There was always a breeze! Host was very responsive and attentive. You won't go wrong booking this place for gatherings of up to 8 people.
Great location and well equipped!
We were very pleased with the location of the this condo. Easy access to the pool and beach! Restaurants, Wal-Mart and grocery stores are close by. We loved that the owner let us use the beach towels, beach chairs, beach toys, cooler, and umbrella. That saves a huge expense as a vacationer. The kitchen was also very well equipped with everything we needed. Some small things that we found that could improve the condo were air conditioning in the living area, although I believe it is not something they do, as most Puerto Rican's enjoy the open air. The condo also had a smell of something spicy being cooked, not a bad smell, but we bought air fresheners and spray and left those in the condo for future use. The sofa wasn't the most comfortable and the cushions seemed pretty worn, but we weren't inside that much so it didn't have too much affect on us. We also would have enjoyed TV's being in the bedrooms. I also want to add that the pool is smaller in person than it looks in the pictures. Overall, we give these owners and their condo an A+ and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nicely furnished place!
Best value on VRBO for this location. Great hosts, great location. The only reason this gets a 4 and not a 5 is because while it has A/C in all the rooms, the living area does not. My mom did not seem to care; however, I spent a lot of time in the living area and kitchen and it was very hot. I think it would be worth mentioning on the listing that the main living area does not have its' own A/C.
Perfect location, enjoyed our trip!!!
Great location-- near el yunque, seven seas, ferry for culebra, bioilluminescent kayaking, luquillo, stores etc! Great restaurants in area. Enjoyed all of the amenities and Patricia was super responsive. Excellent stay!
Home away from home
We were amazed at the amount of space and everything was well stocked and clean and worked. All of our instructions were clear and we had no trouble figuring anything out. The balcony was great and we rarely dealt with any bugs when we were out there during the evening (which was great because we were out there chatting nearly every evening). We arrived on Easter weekend and it was busy, but not overly crowded. Most of the remainder of the week it almost felt like we had the whole complex and beach to ourselves. It was still peaceful and quiet even when it was busy. The location was great with a beach across the street and we enjoyed the pool and all the people we met were friendly and we felt very safe. It was a great base for exploring Laguna Grande to see the bioluminescense and visit El Yunque and Loquillo Beach. We enjoyed many of the local restaurants and foods. My son and I loved the games - Checkers, Monopoly, Dominos, India (we call it Parcheesi). The old Monopoly set was from the same era as at my Grandparent's beach house in Delaware - very nostalgic for me. There were a few travel books there that helped add to the information we had from the books we brought. There were other great resources for information right there for us - a little thing that was very helpful. There was plenty to do and we look forward to coming back again someday. We felt very at home and were very appreciative of having such a nice place to stay. Thank you for opening your beach home to us!