Antique, four-bedroom, post and beam, dream house. Short, three-tenths-mile walk to Skaket Beach, one mile to center of town, minutes to bike trail, fresh water ponds, three miles to Nauset Beach. Centrally located, with Nickerson Park, Brewster, Eastham, Wellfleet National Seashore all close by.
This 18th century, antique, half cape underwent a huge transformation. The owners are antiques dealers and have added 2000 square feet to this 1000-square-foot half-cape. These are long time residents of the area who are willing to share their cherished home for the summer. Furnished eclectically with antiques, collectibles, and fine art.
The addition has been hand made from a dated 1800 barn from New Hampshire. These hand-hewed, exposed beams have been reconstructed to make it difficult to see where the old house ends and the new begins.
Here are the amenities:
* Four huge bedrooms, all with high ceilings and paddle fans, cable , and telephone hookup. The bed configurations are: Two bedrooms have 2 twin beds, one has a queen and the other has a double with a pull out single sofa.
* Three full baths, one with whirlpool, steam, and eight-spray shower, one has a washer/dryer, outdoor shower and antique claw foot tub, fun for all!!
* Huge gourmet kitchen with commercial, Wolf, six-burner range
* Antique soapstone sink for fish or shellfish cleaning!!!
* Pantry, another full-size wet area with deep sink and dishwasher which backs up to the huge granite bar that faces the dining room; this dining area is 20-foot by 14-foot... the north side opens with a slider to the back deck
* Large foyer, mud room, double living room on the first floor
* Large, sunny sitting room on the second floor
* Washer and dryer on first floor
* Good-size enclosed porch with sleep sofa
* Owners live nearby and respect tenants privacy
* Separate driveways and parking area