About the property
- House3000 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 3 Baths, (Sleeps 8-10)
Antique, four-bedroom, post and beam, dream house. Short, three-tenths-mile walk to Skaket Beach, one mile to center of town, minutes to bike trail, fresh water ponds, three miles to Nauset Beach. Centrally located, with Nickerson Park, Brewster, Eastham, Wellfleet National Seashore all close by.
This 18th century, antique, half cape underwent a huge transformation. The owners are antiques dealers and have added 2000 square feet to this 1000-square-foot half-cape. These are long time residents of the area who are willing to share their cherished home for the summer. Furnished eclectically with antiques, collectibles, and fine art.
The addition has been hand made from a dated 1800 barn from New Hampshire. These hand-hewed, exposed beams have been reconstructed to make it difficult to see where the old house ends and the new begins.
Here are the amenities:
* Four huge bedrooms, all with high ceilings and paddle fans, cable , and telephone hookup. The bed configurations are: Two bedrooms have 2 twin beds, one has a queen and the other has a double with a pull out single sofa.
* Three full baths, one with whirlpool, steam, and eight-spray shower, one has a washer/dryer, outdoor shower and antique claw foot tub, fun for all!!
* Huge gourmet kitchen with commercial, Wolf, six-burner range
* Antique soapstone sink for fish or shellfish cleaning!!!
* Pantry, another full-size wet area with deep sink and dishwasher which backs up to the huge granite bar that faces the dining room; this dining area is 20-foot by 14-foot... the north side opens with a slider to the back deck
* Large foyer, mud room, double living room on the first floor
* Large, sunny sitting room on the second floor
* Washer and dryer on first floor
* Good-size enclosed porch with sleep sofa
* Owners live nearby and respect tenants privacy
* Separate driveways and parking area
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 7, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Amazing House Close to Skaket Beach ~ what more could you want ??
This house is the most awesome place we have ever stayed at Cape Cod (and we've been going there over 25 years!). The house is very charming, spacious and ideal for a family! We had 8 people and there was so much room for all of us to have our own space. The kitchen is filled with every cooking utensil you could ever imagine. Bill was very nice and helpful but not intrusive. The house is the perfect distance from Skaket Beach. There is nothing bad at all that I can even say about the property. We all just loved it!!!!!
This our 8th year we still love the accommodations
This is our 8th year and we still love the accommodations.
This is a great house
We had a wonderful time, the house is really beautiful, and it is so close to the beach. Definitely recommend this property and we will probably rent next year too!
3rd year in a row
Our family has stayed here 3 years in a row. We love the size and layout of the house. There are many bathrooms and all amenities one can need. Our privacy is always respected by the owners. My greatest experiences are often located in the kitchen, not just a warm,welcoming space, but the stove is to die for.
This has to be the best house we've rented on the Cape. There was plenty of room in the house for six kids under 10 and 8 adults. We were not on top of each other. And having three beautiful bathrooms really was a plus. The kitchen was huge and had just about anything you could ever want in a kitchen. When we arrived we found the house to be very clean. (We left it that way too).
The location was fantastic. Just a short walk to the best beach on the Cape (in our opinion). There was not a rock in the refreshingly warm water for miles. We found the owner to be a very pleasant man. He even helped us unload our car when we arrived. We would definitely recommend this house to our family and friends. We're hoping to rent it again next year as a matter of fact.
Olde Seaside town boasting both sunrise and sunsets, from Nauset Beach on the ocean to Skaket Beach. Collegiate summer baseball team Orleans Firebirds schedule: Shelling at low tide @ Skaket Beach. Fishing charter trips out of Rock Harbor: schedule A day at the ocean at Nauset Beach. Antique shopping, art galleries, world class restaurants and golf courses. Whale watching, kayaking, paddle boarding, tennis courts, Willy's gym.