Villa Fonte Cicerum Surrounded by olives and nestling in the heart of the South Tuscany - Umbria region, Fonte Cicerum is a true gem, its ideal location and enchanting view is just what you would expect from a Bertolucci movie.
FONTE CICERUM was a real farmhouse dating from the Nintheen Century and has been lovingly restored, with artifacts from their many travels and family treasures. We have managed to maintain the original Umbrian Tuscan atmosphere of the estate, restore and decorated it with unusual details. In every direction the views of olive groves on the surrounding hills is quite unforgettable, this is truly an Utopian place.
The villa, 360 mq, can be rented as a whole accommodating up to 12 guests in 5 double rooms with bathrooms, two of them with Cromotherapy. Relax rooms with large fireplaces, a library with a wide range of books, pergolas, outdoor and indoor dining room.
For smaller groups, part of the villa can be rented by arrangement.
The garden has a range of fruits trees, aromatic herbs which inebriate the air, rows of lavender accompany the path to the infinity pool, and the view is enchanting in every direction.
Located in Umbria, the greenest Italian region on its border with Tuscany, thought many to be the best of both region. Paciano, Umbria is a small medieval village on the edge of a park overlooking the south shore of Trasimeno Lake (400 meters above see level). Paciano is ranked by European Community as one of the top ten 'ideal villages' in Italy for the overall positive quality of life. It is also an ideal center for sightseeing trips to countless cultural points of interest in Umbria and Tuscany.
The village is located approximately six miles from Chiusi Railways Station. From the train station in Chiusi. From the train station in Chiusi you can travel to Florence or Rome in one hour and fifteen minute. The wine town of Montepulciano is a 30 minute drive, while Montalcino and the Chianti area are a 45 minute drive. Fontanaro Farm is an officially certified organic farm owned and operated by the Pinelli family.
There are 5 maxi villas with in total 10 cottages. Each one with great privacy and private eco salty swimming pool. Fontanaro is the honeymooners location, while villa Tartagli, villa Fontegirasole, Villa Fonte Cicerum are dedicated to families reunion!
While staying in this property, guests are encouraged to enjoy complimentary produce (fruits, tomatoes, and greens) from the vegetable garden (in season). All guests are greeted by the owners and receive personal attention. Everything possible will be done to assure a very pleasant holiday. Extra virgin olive oil and honey are produced on the farm and are available for purchase, while a basket with seasonal vegetable, extra virgin olive oil and honey is offered to guests upon their arrival!
One of the many wonderful features of il Fontanaro is a beautiful wine cellar where Alina Pinelli, a professional sommelier, can arrange for wine tasting. Three cozy cottages are adjacent to the main house. All have their own private patio and garden. Each cottage, approximately 70 square meters, has a large living room with satellite TV, a kitchenette, a fireplace, a large bedroom with king-size bed, and comfortable, modern bathroom with shower. Tartagli villa, which is 500 mt away from the Fontanaro farmhouse can accomodate up to 12 people. Brunello, Sagrantino and Sangiovese villas accomodate 6, 4 or 2 people.
Fontegirasole has 4 units, Fonte Cicerum is a single private villa and Fonte Cicerum that sleep 8.
For guest's convenience, in each unit there is also a library of English books, guides, maps, brochures, and tourist information detailing nearby places to visit.
Our property is located within a Perugino landscape. Perugino is a famous painter of the Renaissance, born in Città della Pieve (six mile away from Paciano.
Fontanaro is an organic farmhouse and here is the calendar of the main agricultural and Garden activities: April: Bee swarms captured, May and June Blooming of over 200 roses, August Harvesting and production of honey, September grape harvest, October saffron harvest, November Olive harvest.
Keywords: 10 Cottage Houses, villas, infinity salty swimming pool.
MAIN AMENITIES AND SERVICES
• Free high speed Wi-Fi (as soon also at Sunflower spring place houses)
• Air conditioning (not at Fontanaro, because the farm is self sufficent for electricity by solar panels)
• Sat TV
• Computer and printer service on request
• GPS devices on request
• Weekly change of linens
• Laundry washer
• Welcome breakfast and organic snacks from il Fontanaro farm, that includes olive oil, honey and a bottle of our wine!
• Free tour of Fontanaro Farm, cellar and vineyards
• Full time access to English speaking concierge to help arrange all activities via Skype, Viber, Whats app.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES ON REQUEST
• Access to a chef for all meals. Children aged 6 to 10 pay half price. Meals for children under 6 are free. Liquors and wine not included. Ingredients are primarily organic and mostly farmed Fontanaro Farm.
• Access to a full wine cellar hand picked by Alina Pinelli
• Cooking classes and Bread cooking class
• Private wine tour with a professional Sommelier
• Transfer to and from any airport or train station
• Rental car facilities or vans delivered directly to the property
• Guided tours of the best of Umbria and Tuscany and private party
• Spa Amenities, massage , manicure, pedicure and facials at the swimming pool or at your guest house.