Charming Cottages in Beautifully 4 Luxory Country House W/Pool(12 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Farmhouse
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Farmhouse, Luxory vil2 Bedrooms + Other (See Description), (Sleeps 2-45
Located in Umbria, the greenest Italian region on its border with Tuscany, thought many to be the best of both region. Paciano, Umbria is a small medieval village on the edge of a park overlooking the south shore of Trasimeno Lake (400 meters above see level). Paciano is ranked by European Community as one of the top ten 'ideal villages' in Italy for the overall positive quality of life. It is also an ideal center for sightseeing trips to countless cultural points of interest in Umbria and Tuscany.
The village is located approximately six miles from Chiusi Railways Station. From the train station in Chiusi. From the train station in Chiusi you can travel to Florence or Rome in one hour and fifteen minute. The wine town of Montepulciano is a 30 minute drive, while Montalcino and the Chianti area are a 45 minute drive. Fontanaro Farm is an officially certified organic farm owned and operated by Sandro and Lucia Pinelli.
There are 4 maxi villas with in total 10 cottages. Each one with great privacy and private eco salty swimming pool. Fontanaro is the honeymooners location, while villa Tartagli, villa Fontegirasole, Villa Fonte Cicerum are dedicated to families reunion!
While staying in this property, guests are encouraged to enjoy complimentary produce (fruits, tomatoes, and greens) from the vegetable garden (in season). All guests are greeted by the owners and receive personal attention. Everything possible will be done to assure a very pleasant holiday. Extra virgin olive oil and honey are produced on the farm and are available for purchase, while a basket with seasonal vegetable, extra virgin olive oil and honey is offered to guests upon their arrival!
One of the many wonderful features of il Fontanaro is a beautiful wine cellar where Alina Pinelli, a professional sommelier, can arrange for wine tasting. Three cozy cottages are adjacent to the main house. All have their own private patio and garden. Each cottage, approximately 70 square meters, has a large living room with satellite TV, a kitchenette, a fireplace, a large bedroom with king-size bed, and comfortable, modern bathroom with shower. Tartagli villa, which is 500 mt away from the Fontanaro farmhouse can accomodate up to 12 people. Brunello, Sagrantino and Sangiovese villas accomodate 6, 4 or 2 people.
Fontegirasole has 4 units and Fonte Cicerum is a single private villa.
For guest's convenience, in each unit there is also a library of English books, guides, maps, brochures, and tourist information detailing nearby places to visit.
Our property is located within a Perugino landscape. Perugino is a famous painter of the Renaissance, born in Città della Pieve (six mile away from Paciano.
Fontanaro is an organic farmhouse and here is the calendar of the main agricultural and Garden activities: April: Bee swarms captured, May and June Blooming of over 200 roses, August Harvesting and production of honey, September grape harvest, October saffron harvest, November Olive harvest.
Keywords: 10 Cottage Houses, villas, infinity salty swimming pool.
MAIN AMENITIES AND SERVICES
• Free high speed Wi-Fi (as soon also at Sunflower spring place houses)
• Air conditioning (not at Fontanaro, because the farm is self sufficent for electricity by solar panels)
• Sat TV
• Computer and printer service on request
• GPS devices on request
• Weekly change of linens
• Laundry washer
• Welcome breakfast and organic snacks from il Fontanaro farm, that includes olive oil, honey and a bottle of our wine!
• Free tour of Fontanaro Farm, cellar and vineyards
• Full time access to English speaking concierge to help arrange all activities via Skype, Viber, Whats app.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES ON REQUEST
• Access to a chef for all meals. Children aged 6 to 10 pay half price. Meals for children under 6 are free. Liquors and wine not included. Ingredients are primarily organic and mostly farmed Fontanaro Farm.
• Access to a full wine cellar hand picked by Alina Pinelli
• Cooking classes and Bread cooking class
• Private wine tour with a professional Sommelier
• Transfer to and from any airport or train station
• Rental car facilities or vans delivered directly to the property
• Guided tours of the best of Umbria and Tuscany and private party
• Spa Amenities, massage , manicure, pedicure and facials at the swimming pool or at your guest house.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2004
- 50 m²
- Max. occupancy 20
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Considered:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Car Available
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20, Beds for 2-20
Bathrooms: 11 Bathrooms
- Spa Amenities, massage, manicure, pedicure and facials at the swimming pool or at your guest house Access to a chef for all meals. Children aged 6 to 10 pay half price. Meals for children under 6 are free. Liquors and wine not included. Ingredients are primarily organic and mostly farmed Fontanaro Farm Daily cleaning on request Ping Pong (at Tartagli and Fontegirasole) 4 Mountain bikes available for guests Cooking Classes also special gluten free classes Olive oil Classes Wine tours Horse riding Golf facilities Guided tours of the best of Umbria and Tuscany (special for food, wine, and cultural cities) Rental car facilities or vans delivered directly to the property Baby sitter and kids doctor...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View:
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Mobile Phone
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Hot Tub
- Private Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cooking class if request $106.93
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Organic Farming Explanations, Cultural Visit, Cooking Lesson, Wine tasting, wine tours, food tours, private events, 24h assistance
About the owner: I'm the owner of the farm wit my daugter alina who is a wine sommelier and chef, wile I'm a olive oil teacher, sommelier and chef. I'm also degree in garden design, and i love to teach my friends all about the art of flowers.
Why the Owner Chose Cortona, Arezzo, Italy:
We own and run Il Fontanaro, villa Tartagli and Sunflower Spring place, and here, every guest is treated like a visiting friend. sharing our slow living and country heritage of food, wine and olive oil is our passion
The Unique Benefits at this Farmhouse:
We provide the type of service that big hotels and guidebooks cannot: booking a table at a little country restaurant, detailing directions to the ruined abbey at the end of an old footpath, and arranging lunch with the small winemaker who will personally walk you through his vineyard. Il Fontanaro offers the perfect base from which to explore the stunning Val di Chiana, Val d’Orcia and the hill towns of southern Tuscany, around Siena, Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano…. and all Umbria (Perugia, Assisi, Gubbio, Deruta, Spello, Todi…).
- Primary: +39 393387408884
- Tertiary: +39 3387408884
fontanaro's main infinity swimming pool at the fontanaro main property
master bedroom, Brunello villa for 6 persons (3 bedroom + 3 batroom)
The loggia of Brunello villa
sangiovese bedroom at villa tartagli
a view from the sky of il fontanaro
SUN FLOWER SPRING PLACE THE NEW PART OF THE FARM THAT WAS A TOBACCO HOUSE
sunflower spring place infinity salty swimming pool
the fontanaro resort hill, the green eart of italy
theeco salty pool and maxi jacuzzi at fontanaro
the leccino master bedroom
eco salty swimming pool at tartagli (where are brunello sangiovese and sagrantin
Living room and kitchen, Brunello villa
living room of Sagrantino Villa
from our winery at fontanar wit 2500 wines
paciano the medieval village closed to fontanaro 10 minutes by walk
tignanello (for 4 persons) master bedroom at sunflower spring place
cooking classes at fontanaro learn ow to prepare typical tuscan dishes
the wine lounge at Fontanaro farm an area to relax and read aboout wines and travels
the second entrance of il leccino
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.