Charming Apartment in Historic Aldridge Place-Central Austin(43 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
1 bed / 1 Full Bath, Sleeps 2
Enjoy the central location of this 600 square foot guesthouse that sleeps 2 (Queen). Located 5 houses from 'The Drag' (Guadalupe Street) and only a few minutes walk to numerous restaurants, grocery stores, University of Texas, and Central Market organic grocery & park. We are less than a mile from the hospital district (Austin Heart, Seton, St. David’s, University Medical/Brackenridge, and Dell Children’s). We are less than 2 miles from the State Capital and Downtown. Slightly over 4 miles to Zilker Park where Barton Springs and all of the major festivals occur. Other features include original hardwood floors, free wireless access, TV/DVD, full kitchen and bath.
Located on public bus routes and free University of Texas Shuttle route.
No parties please. We regret that smoking is not permitted indoors.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- On floor 1
- 600 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Senior Adults Only Community:
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- 2 adults & 2 children
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Nude Beach
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ducted Cooling
- Filtered Water
- Gas Heating
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
ACL 1 (Oct 6-8)
Oct 6 - Oct 8, 2017
2 night min stay
ACL 2 (Oct 13 to Oct 15)
Oct 13 - Oct 15, 2017
2 night min stay
Oct 20 - Oct 22, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $35 + tax
- Cleaning Fee $35
- Tax Rate 15%
Short Term Rental Agreement
1. Smoking is NOT allowed OR Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest and additional fees might apply.
3. The owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval.
7. PARKING – Vehicles are to be parked on the other side of the street from the property since the city only allows parking on one side of the street. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping/maid service. If needed, housekeeping/maid service can be arranged for an additional fee. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the apartment. Beach towels may be available upon request.
By reserving this property the parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement.
Name: Mark Feist
Phone # (during stay): 512-497-6403 CELL
Thank you for booking with us and we look forward to having you.
A $35 Damage Waiver Fee OR a security deposit of $200 is required. Security deposit is fully refundable within 10 days if the unit is returned in the same condition. Damage Waiver Fee is not refundable.
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional ADULT guest
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Enjoy the central location of this 600 square foot guesthouse located in historic Aldridge Place that can sleeps up to 4 (Queen & Full-size pullout couch). Located 5 houses from 'The Drag' (Guadalupe Street) and only a few minutes walk to numerous restaurants, grocery stores, University of Texas, Hospital District, and Central Market organic grocery & park. We are less than 2 miles from the State Capital and Downtown. Slightly over 4 miles to Zilker Park where Barton Springs and all of the major festivals occur. Other features include original hardwood floors, wireless internet access, TV/DVD, full kitchen and bath.
Year Purchased: 1995
About the owner: The property owner has lived all over the world. He enjoys people of every color and ethnicity. He settled in Austin 18 years ago and knows the city very well. He has been known to have a glass of wine and share his local knowledge on occasion.
Why the Owner Chose North University, Austin, TX, USA:
This property is in Aldridge Place between the University of Texas and Hyde Park. It was Austin's first planned development with many of the homes designated as historic. One of the most notable features is Adams / Hemphill Park that runs through it's center. The history of Adams-Hemphill Park dates to 1912, when Lewis Hancock (1856-1920) donated more than two acres along Hemphill Creek for use as a park. Hancock, who served as mayor of Austin from 1895-1897, was an influential figure at the turn of the twentieth century. Hancock donated the land for Hemphill Park when he began selling tracts of land in the Aldridge Place neighborhood in 1912.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
This apartment is not only perfect for travelers looking to stay in a unique area of central Austin, but can also accommodate visiting academics or those that are temporarily working in Austin and need a large work area. It has been completely updated and has the original hardwood floors. The apartment has central A/C & Heat. This neighborhood enclave is unique in Austin and a pleasure to explore while strolling the park and shaded streets. Restaurants, shops, grocery stores, and bus stop are just steps away... while being not too close at the same time. We are located 5 houses from Guadalupe Street.
- Primary: +1 5124191314 Texas, USA
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Historic Aldridge Place Guest Apartment
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.