Large Lakehome on Secluded Howard Lake Ideal for Multi Familys(38 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Cabin, 4 Bedrooms + Loft and apartment, 5 Baths, (Sleeps 15-20)
The apartment above the garage has its own kitchen, large bedroom, bathroom with shower and fireplace with flatscreen tv.
The main greatroom has flatscreen tv. with Direct T.v. and dvd. The decor is definitely 'northwoods' and has many mounted animals etc.
The house, patio and garage are wired with stereo and cd player with controls in each room.
Our rates for the fall and winter are basic and will be determined by the number of guests, inquire for specifics.
New for 2014 is a totally renovated garage into a game room with Ping Pong, foosball, gaming system (central air conditioning) and more.
We are a 'family orientated' Lake home and are not interested in hosting Bachelor/Bachelorette party's or Weddings, Thank you.
Keywords: Lakehome, house,woods,private,lakefront,clean, spacious, peaceful,fishing,atv,biking,boating,wildlife, family reunion, family retreat, Akeley, Nevis, Hackensack
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20, Beds for 20
- Bedrooms 1,2 and 3 are located in the main house and beds are as listed. Bedroom number 4 is located in the apartment above garage and has a King bed along with double/single bunk bed. Also in the living area of the apartment there is a queen bed and another double/single log bunk bed. The apartment has its own bathroom, small kitchen and tv/living area. The loft area of the main house has 2 single beds also for sleeping but is not as private as the separate bedrooms. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- Stereo system for all downstairs rooms, garage and patio. In floor heat along with forced air furnace, central air. Full apartment with full kitchen and full bathroom above garage, gas fireplace air conditioning and tv also. Main level of home is all tile with the exception of the master bedroom. Every bedroom has its own bathroom. Attached 2 stall garage, lots of parking with a circle drive for easy parking with trailers. Large paver patio with pavers right down to waters edge. Screenporch on lakeside of house overlooking patio area. Level lot with level sand beach, canoe, 2 water bikes included. We built this home just 5 years ago as our dream vacation destination and want to share it with you. You will find most anything you will need, just bring your cloths and food. We have many board games, movies etc to keep the family entertained during your stay. Ask about the pontoon boat as it is available also. We are located right near the paved bike trail, snowmobile and forest roads....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room:
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Mobile Phone
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items:
- Kayak / Canoe:
Pool / Spa
- Jetted Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 28 - Apr 15, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 3 - Sep 4, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 6.875%
Our fall and winter rates are based on the first 4 adults. I will quote each individual group once I know how many kids and adults. The cleaning fee will be based on the size of rental as well. Just email me for a quote.
$500.00 security deposit to secure dates. Full rental amount due 4 weeks prior to stay.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: My wife and I built this home as a dream getaway for our families. Of course with children and work, we can't be there all the time so we are renting it out on a limited bases. We are non smokers and do not allow pets on the property. We love to fish, hunt and spend time with our families. Being that this is our 'home away from home' you will find some of our grocery's in the cupboards but trust me, there is plenty of room for anything you bring. We want you to feel right at home, so use what we have if needed,all we ask is that you replace what you used. Sometimes a person forgets something or runs out of a certain thing they need, so we don't mind if you help yourself.
Why the Owner Chose Akeley, MN, USA:
This area is so great for anything a person wants to do. We have the smaller lake living with close proximity to Leech Lake. You can be from our door to the landing on leech lake in 10 minutes.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Great fishing is right here. Our property is very quiet,so much piece and quiet, you will be amazed! Howard lake has no maintained public access, so it is very quiet here. Deep clear water, lots of loons, just really quiet.
- Primary: 507 317-6460
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
view from shoreline, nice shaded lawn area for games
view of the bay from the patio, as you can see there are no steps going to lake
nice sandy swimming area
Northern,, caught and released right in our bay
another pic of walk in shower in masterbath
Loft, this area is currently being remodled with log beds and giant bunk bed!
bedroom 3, 1- queen, 2 twins and bathroom.
view of the loft from the greatroom
looking into the apartment above garage
new composite chairs at the fire pit
Crystal clear water!
27" Walleye caught a couple hundred yards from our dock. Summer 2011
view of kitchen
bedroom 2, 16x24 with 1 queen, 1full, 1 twin and bathroom.
view from beach
updated game room with barn wood
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, January 21, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.