On Ocean Cove - New Cottage(25 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
1 bedroom cottage with loft on cove at end of private lane. A true get-away!
The cottage has one bedroom, living/dining room with futon sleep couch, galley kitchen with dishwasher, washer and dryer, one full bathroom (shower), an outside shower, an unfurnished loft that can sleep three, screened porch, and gas grill. We are your neighbors and appreciate reasonably quiet renters.
Come listen to the ocean, admire the stars, walk along the shore, read a novel and feel the wind. The way vacation used to be.
PLEASE NOTE: In June, July and August we rent only by the week. In May, September and October we'll consider 4 to 6 night rentals on a case-by-case basis.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- Max. occupancy 5
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom contains shower (no tub) and washer/dryer.
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Fly Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Clothes Dryer:
Linens available at house should be left clean/folded at the end of the rental period. A Washer/Dryer are available in the house but some renters may find it easier to bring their own linens....moreless
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 13 - Jun 2, 2017
4 night min stay
Jun 3 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Jul 1 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 2 - Sep 23, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 24 - Oct 29, 2017
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning/pet deposit $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Tax Rate 8%
The cleaning/pet deposit is fully refundable. The cottage will be professionally cleaned, but our intention is for renters who leave cottage in good condition to not be charged. We used to have a separate and refundable $100 pet deposit for our guests with pets but decided to reduce the number and total expense of deposits by combining the cleaning and pet deposits. We also reduced the refundable security deposit to $400.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
* Enjoy long beach walks on South Shore and Goosewing beaches: hike around the rocky point to the left or drive to South Shore public access. Goosewing is managed by the Nature Conservancy. In where-to-go-and-what-to-do, pvsbond writes: 'one of the most beautiful, peaceful and unspoiled spots in all of Rhode Island. The beach is managed by The Nature Conservancy, which safeguards it from development. The wide, half-moon, sandy beach is backed by marshland, rolling green fields and a salt pond that's great for exploring.'
* Hike around the rocky point to the right and discover another vast expanse of sand at Briggs Beach (road access is private).
* Historic Little Compton Commons features the Art Cafe (excellent coffee, pastries, art), Wilbur's store (groceries to hardware...'if they don't have it, you don't need it'), the Commons Lunch (serves breakfast, lunch and dinner), Brownell Public Library, the Community Center, a wonderful kids playground, A1 Pizza, liquor store, gas, post office, and the old cemetery where you can find many an old stone and interesting story, including the stone of Elizabeth Pabodie, said to be the first child of the Mayflower (the eldest daughter of John Alden and Priscilla).
* Many farm stands with delicious native corn and vegetables.
* The Little Compton Historical Society's Wilbur house Museum is open to the public; they also offer walking tours of Sakonnet point several times a summer.
* Watch the commercial fishing boats come in at nearby Sakonnet Point and buy your choice right off the sorting line there. Or pick up fresh lobster. Then hike out on the long stone breakwater or observe the lighthouse and islands.
* Crowthers restaurant is four miles to the East. Another three miles takes you to historic Adamsville, home of the Rhode Island Red (chicken); three more miles to Lee's Supermarket in Westport.
* The best home made ice cream in the region is Grays, nine miles up the road at Tiverton Four Corners, where you'll also find fine art, antiques, and craft shops.
* Kayak rentals are available at Osprey Sea Kayak Adventures (at the head of the Westport river, about 12 miles from Little Compton).
About the owner: Cottage built in 2011 on the site of our great great great uncle's fishing shack, near our grandmother's house. We grew up spending most of each summer enjoying this wonderful piece of shoreline.
Why the Owner Chose Little Compton, RI, USA:
See video of beach out front. (Link provided elsewhere on this VRBO listing.)
- Primary: +1 7033560910 evenings (7:30-9:30) and weekends preferred
- Secondary: +1 3525146670 Doug's cell phone. (Home phone preferred)
- Tertiary: +1 8027854121 evenings/weekends
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from private drive. Note outdoor shower (There's an indoor one, too)
front of house. Gas grill by front door. Buoys on shed in back.
Front yard. Lush grass, old stone wall, room to romp! (Well in foreground.)
Dining area in early morning sunshine.
View from dining area across the cove toward the Elizabeth Islands/M's Vineyard
Kitchen. Window over kitchen sink (out of photo to the right) looks out on ocean
Back half of loft.
Looking at front of cottage from the beach. Porch (on left) is not visible.
Beach out front is a mix of sand (shown here), pebbles, and small rocks.
Fishing on fishing rock. We catch mostly tautog and striped bass.
kayaking - sandy takeoff and rock gardens to explore
big catch for a little kid.
View from breezy porch over stone wall to cove
Looking through screened porch, over old stone wall to the cove.
Sunrise over cove, viewed from loft window
Living room with door to screen porch on left
Ladder to loft. Front door to right. Kitchen straight ahead.
View from front loft window.
Looking towards cottage (on far right) across the cove. Note pebbly beach.
Beach out front, and fishing rock, which is accessible at low tide.
Kayaking in cove. Fishing rock in background.
waves at the public beach ("South Shore")
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, May 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.