8 Bedroom Mountaintop Mansion. Best Views in Central Austin! 10min to Downtown.(57 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
VRBO Bear stayed here: We found this property to be beary special Read review
About the Property
House, 7 Bedrooms, 5.5+ Baths (Sleeps 20)
The property is located only 10 minutes away from the heart of Downtown Austin and 5 minutes away from The Arboretum as well as The Domain - the best shopping in Austin. For golf, ACC is 4 minutes away and Barton Creek is 10 minutes away. You can see ACC golf course from every floor in the house. For boating, there is an access ramp to Lake Austin 2 minutes away at Pennybacker Bridge. You can see it from the top floor of the house. Lake Travis is 15 minutes away. Bull Creek is just below the house - a great place for the kids on a hot day! The Bull Creek Greenbelt runs along the creek providing miles of the best hiking in Austin.
• As you view the home, don’t miss the 270 degree panoramic views seen from almost every room. Fireworks displays during holidays, rainstorms and spectacular sunsets are show-stopping. Three wrap-around decks, one 2000sq ft deck & three covered decks provide wonderful seating and flow for entertaining. The two-story entry with grand staircase, the warmth of the wood and the buff wall colorings are quite impressive and most welcoming.
• This 6000sq ft Spanish Colonial mansion features 8 bedrooms, five full & two half baths, 3 kitchens, and 3 living rooms on a private acre lot. There are 6 Kings, 2 Queens, and 9 Twins in the house (17 total beds) plus 2 baby cribs, strollers, kids toys, and car seats available if needed! The master kitchen features granite counters and state-of-the-art appliances. There is also a sitting room with views and a bar/entertainment room giving access to the exterior ten person outdoor jacuzzi. The top level consists of the Master bedroom, another bedroom, and the children's playroom or 7th bedroom. The children's playroom comes furnished w tons of toys and sleeping options for newborns up. There is also a crib and changing table in the second bedroom next to the playroom. There is also a stroller in the garage.
• Two separate apartments are downstairs off either side of the 7-car garage each with a bedroom, full bathroom and kitchen. There is a six person poker table w chips in the living room on the larger of the two apartments.
• The layout of the home is grand, flowing and conducive to socializing.
• The garage area, with dual motorized doors, is an incredibly flexible space which can be used for parking cars, abundant storage, workout space or crafts.
All this and only a 10 minute drive to downtown Austin door-to-door.
** For residential purposes only **
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2012
- 6000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 20
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20, Beds for 17-20
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 16 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Housekeeper Optional
VRBO Bear stayed here:
From the moment you walk in the door of this palace and take your first glimpse of the breathtaking view, you have the distinct impression that you are now Master of the Texas Hill Country. When it was built, it was the home with the highest elevation in all of Austin and there is no doubt that this point of pride permeates the mansion and everyone who is lucky enough to stay in it.
When we arranged a friend reunion, we had no idea that such a perfect location was within our reach. Ryan, playing the role of owner-extraordinaire, was more than accommodating, communicative and genuinely welcoming to me and my friends.
Having friends in from all over the country with age ranges from 1-70 years, everyone felt at home. There was enough room for everyone to sit, eat, chat, play and relax. The kids had a blast playing in the overwhelmingly well stocked play room (puppet show, anyone?) The ping pong table was a big hit and the large natural gas grill kept our bellies full! The huge hot tub and plush patio furniture kept everyone relaxed while enjoying the indescribable Texas sunset.
Exploring and enjoying the innumerable amenities made for a treasure hunt of delight. There was something amazing to experience in every inch of this well cared for and surprisingly accessible home. Overnight accommodations were comfortably spaced for each family to relax and the living, dining and play areas made for great fellowship among the large group. This gorgeous and refined estate is without a doubt exactly where you want to stay with your family and friends on your next trip to Austin.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 1 - Apr 30, 2017
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee $375 + tax
- Property Damage Protection $99
- Tax Rate 15%
*** All major holidays/events are $1795 per night for the week the holiday/event falls under***
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2011
Why the Owner Chose North Cat Mountain, Austin, TX, USA:
This property is so close to downtown and next to the best golfing and shopping in Austin. The views are jaw dropping and the location is peaceful. You'll see deer and rabbits around just at dusk/dawn daily.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Top of North Cat Mountain and some of the most breath taking views in Texas. It the 1980's this house was the highest elevated (900 ft above sea level) in all of Austin. It only takes 10 minutes to get to downtown Austin. Easy.
- Primary: 9179922300
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Gorgeous views from every room
Front entry. Kitchen/Den to left. 2 bedrooms and jacuzzi to right
10 person jacuzzi overlooking Austin hill country. Sunsets are amazing!!
Kitchen dining table w TV. Access to wrap around deck overlooking West Austin.
1000sq ft wrap around balcony off Den & Kitchen.
Sitting area next to Den and Kitchen areas
Top floor master bedroom w King and double w large balcony w porch swing. VIEWS!
Top floor kids playroom with 2 queen 2 single beds as well. Tons of kids toys
Top floor King bedroom w baby crib and private bathroom.
King bedroom on main floor. Shared bathroom w bedroom from previous picture
King bedroom in lg apartment. Private. No stairs. Still connected to main house
Smaller apartment to the left of garage w bathroom. King + Bunk bed. Privacy!!
Front of house with working fountain. Watch for deer and rabbits in the morning.
Ping pong table behind stairs and next to 1000sq/ft wrap around balcony to grill
Fully stocked kitchen and table for 8 behind. Another dining table on same floor
Grill overlooking Austin's hill country. Next to kitchen and den areas
Den with fireplace, 65 inch plasma TV, access to wrap around deck
2nd dining table to the right of the stairs and next to the jacuzzi and bar.
Lg wrap around balcony off master bedroom with porch swing! Views of Lake Austin
Lots of kids toys and sleeping options for babies
Main floor bedroom w King and single bed. Shared bathroom w bedroom next door.
Lg apartment to right of garage. Poker table. Kitchen w bunk bed. King bedroom
Poker table in large apartment to the right of garage.
Full kitchen in smaller apartment. Marble countertops in bathroom and kitchen
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, March 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.