|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
***For residential use only***
The property is located only 10 minutes away from the heart of Downtown Austin and 5 minutes away from The Arboretum as well as The Domain - the best shopping in Austin. For golf, ACC is 4 minutes away and Barton Creek is 10 minutes away. You can see ACC golf course from every floor in the house. For boating, there is an access ramp to Lake Austin 2 minutes away at Pennybacker Bridge. You can see it from the top floor of the house. Lake Travis is 15 minutes away. Bull Creek is just below the house - a great place for the kids on a hot day! The Bull Creek Greenbelt runs along the creek providing miles of the best hiking in Austin.
• As you view the home, don’t miss the 270 degree panoramic views seen from almost every room. Fireworks displays during holidays, rainstorms and spectacular sunsets are show-stopping. Three wrap-around decks, one 2000sq ft deck & three covered decks provide wonderful seating and flow for entertaining. The two-story entry with grand staircase, the warmth of the wood and the buff wall colorings are quite impressive and most welcoming.
• This 6000sq ft Spanish Colonial mansion features 8 bedrooms, five full & two half baths, 3 kitchens, and 3 living rooms on a private acre lot. There are 6 Kings, 2 Queens, and 9 Twins in the house (17 total beds) plus 1 baby crib. The master kitchen features granite counters and state-of-the-art appliances. There is also a sitting room with views and a bar/entertainment room giving access to the exterior ten person outdoor jacuzzi. The top level consists of the Master bedroom, another bedroom, and the children's playroom or 7th bedroom. The children's playroom comes furnished w tons of toys and sleeping options for newborns up. There is also a crib and changing table in the second bedroom next to the playroom. There is also a stroller in the garage.
• Two separate apartments are downstairs off either side of the 7-car garage each with a bedroom, full bathroom and kitchen. There is a six person poker table w chips in the living room on the larger of the two apartments.
• The layout of the home is grand, flowing and conducive to socializing.
• The garage area, with dual motorized doors, is an incredibly flexible space which can be used for parking cars, abundant storage, workout space or crafts.
All this and only a 10 minute drive to downtown Austin door-to-door.
** For residential purposes only **
This property is so close to downtown and next to the best golfing and shopping in Austin. The views are jaw dropping and the location is peaceful. You'll see deer and rabbits around just at dusk/dawn daily.
Top of North Cat Mountain and some of the most breath taking views in Texas. It the 1980's this house was the highest elevated (900 ft above sea level) in all of Austin. It only takes 10 minutes to get to downtown Austin. Easy.
I chose this house because I wanted a space large enough to accommodate my entire family, while also being close to downtown Austin. I was not disappointed! The house is awesome. High ceilings, great furnishings, Jacuzzi, ping pong, etc. It really feels like a home away from home. The kids way more space to play than they do at our house. The adults really enjoyed the absurd views and multiple lounge / entertaining areas. Ryan was super easy to work with and made the whole stay smooth and inviting. I really can't think of a single thing wrong with our stay or this house. In fact, this was definitely the best VRBO experience I've ever had. 10/10!
Every year I rent a different house to spend holidays with my family.
The positive thing about this house is that it is quite spacious.
The negative was:
- On arrival we noticed very little cleaning in the house (the towels had hair, the sheets were not clean, they had stains)
- the house was messy (in the kitchen the utensils were messy and it was difficult to find something to cook with. The stove did not work properly).
- We struggled with the heating because it was turned off and several members of the family were cold at night ...
- The house has rooms for 18 people to sleep in but the kitchen and dining rooms have no where near enough space for all. 8 people can sit down to eat at most in either room.
The worst part of the experience was when, in the middle of breakfast, several strangers just walked into the house, they didn't ring the doorbell or knock, they just barged in to "fix the air conditioning". This was a total violation of our privacy. These repairs should have been made before our arrival.
A positive thing was that Ryan Nacol (the person in charge of the house) was very friendly.
Our daughter had a small wedding on Austin. We rented this property so family and friends could all stay together, doubling as family reunion. There were some serious ping pong tourneys over our stay! The VIEW(S) are gorgeous with amazing balconies on TWO levels. Just Stunning. There is no seating on first level balcony so if you are driving throw in a few camp chairs. Kitchen was well stocked as far as "cooking" parphernalia etc.. No oils, spices, pam - basic cooking stuff. We had a large gathering on 10/26 for pre-wedding ....it was wonderful. Special thanks to Ryan, the host, for making sure everything went smoothly. M. Traynor
There's not much more to say than what hasn't already been said before. The house is great and the views are even better. Plenty of towels and beds for the group. We had a blast playing on the ping pong table and enjoying the area around. It's great coming home from a round of golf in this Texas heat and relaxing in the jacuzzi while watching the sunset!
Ryan was great with a very helpful email at the start and we knew he would be able to help us if we needed anything (thankfully we did not!). We highly recommend this place especially for large groups!
Incredible views!! Lots of rooms and beds, plenty of space for people if they want to get away. Two apartments on the bottom next to the garage makes it great for multi families.
I recently stayed here for a family vacation and was blown away by the house and the spectacular views. My family and I had such an enjoyable stay here and it all started with Ryan being such a great host. The proximity of the house to restaurants and shopping was great. But we definitely made sure to enjoy all the house had to offer....from playing ping pong to taking in sunsets on the balconies.
We will certainly be contacting Ryan again for a future visit.
Boating on Lake Austin: An added bonus is the dock at Pennybacker bridge is only 3minutes away (.5 miles) from the house. You can pick everyone up at the bridge docking station (there is parking there too).
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||$375 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
*** All major holidays/events are $1795 per night for the week the holiday/event falls under***