Pool / Spa
Children allowed - Not good fit for small children/open stairs/glassNot good fit for small children/open stairs/glass
No smoking - Fine if signs of smoking in condo or lanai Fine if signs of smoking in condo or lanai
Max guests: 4 (sleeps up to 4 adults)
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Loved this condo - everything we needed was there. The view was incredible. I wish the beach was a bit better, but the pool was nice and the people there super friendly! And the restaurants within walking distance were wonderful.
An honest review
We had a wonderful stay in Maui - by and large because how can you complain being in Maui. But truth be told, I was a bit surprised by the condo given the rave reviews it had received. Here is my take with all the pros/cons:
- The views are no doubt incredible. This was by far the highlight of the unit. We watched the whales play for hours on end.
- Barbara was fantastic to work with, very quick to respond with questions.
- The condo is well equipped with coolers, boogie boards, beach chairs, etc which was super nice to have.
In general, the condo unit is not what I would describe as executive luxury.
- The unit itself is a bit dated, the bed linens show their age.
- Kitchen is extremely small. It's equipped with some items but still missing items, the limited pots/pans are of low quality
- There is enough indoor seating for 3 people making eating-in not very enjoyable or comfortable. Eating on the patio can be a gamble as 90% of the time it's a wind trap and items blow away.
- There is NO door going to the upstairs. The sound carries throughout the condo making it very difficult for anyone who wants privacy for sleeping upstairs.
- The location of this condo is NOT on the beach. It's not even a 3-min walk to the beach. And you can not access the beach walking along the ocean. If you plan to go to Sugar beach you have to walk along the sidewalk and it's about 4 condo complexes down, etc. If you have kids and are carrying lots of stuff this is not a walk you should plan on.
- This condo in general is not geared for families, it is definitely geared towards older couples without kids. The pool rules indicate "No playing Marco Polo" and "no cannonballs". I heard the phrase "this is a no-fun zone" used several times during the few times we were at the pool.
- The location of the unit is definitely central. The only upside to this is the 7 min walk to the harbor if you're planning a boat tour or a visit to the aquarium. Aside from Beach Bums (I would NOT recommend going here - if you enjoy the taste of good food) there are no other restaurants worthy of going to. The downside means that you are constantly driving to other areas for food.
- Did I mention the wind?? I read reviews that this area is the windiest on the island but that is not be understated. It is WINDY and the unit is like a wind tunnel. It's extremely noisy especially in the evenings and makes time at the pool rather chilly during parts of the day.
Aloha, and thanks for the review. We enjoyed having you and your family as guests. I would guess sometimes condos may not turn out to be a good match for people as it seems here. We've had many families with children stay here with happy times. Actually the condo is not dated. The couch was just purchased last year and most of the furniture are antiques and one can perceive them to be old....as antiques generally are. The size of the kitchen is about the same as all in that building and the over 12 condos I manage.
We weren't aware of the bed linens but as soon as we received the message replaced 2 sets of high thread content new sheets for both beds. Lanai chairs can be brought into the condo if needed for additional eating at the table. Occasionally, when the whole state is in a wind advisory, we have strong winds and sorry to say that was the case during this reservation. Today, it's calm with just a light breeze and dozens of whales in the water out front. The beach is at the end of the dead end street, maybe a 10 minute walk but also a 30 second drive if wanted to help with carrying beach supplies.
As was mentioned at the beginning of this review....how can you complain being in Maui....we aim to make your stay as pleasant as possible and will address any concerns as soon as we know about them that are within our power.
Top-Notch Master Suite!
This property does not disappoint!
Our Family of four stayed for three nights here at the end of our island vacation.
Phenomenal master suite upstairs- comfortable bed and pillows, great layout, and THE VIEW! Full kitchen, beautiful view from living area and balcony. Nice central location on island. Unit has a full assortment of beach amenities- chairs, umbrella, cooler, snorkeling, boogie boards, etc. The condominium complex is very well kept and quiet. Decent beach within walking distance.
Good value, very relaxing, and well equipped. We’d stay again!
Great location. Beautiful setting.
The condo was clean, quiet and well-equipped. Being in walking distance (5 mins.) of the Pacific Whale Foundation and Maui Aquarium was convenient and saved us the hassle of driving and parking. We loved sitting on the balcony in the morning to watch the sunrise and be entertained by the whales in Maalaea Bay. The condo is located in a safe neighborhood with easy access to main roads that take you to all points on the island.
Lovely property centrally located
View was simply spectacular. Property had everything needed for a great vacation.