Contemporary, Interior Designed Villa with Magnificent Views(0 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Villa, 5 Bedrooms, 5 Baths (sleeps 10), Heated Pool And Mountain Views
The buildings nestle in lovely mature gardens decorated with a field of lavender bushes, rose laurels, hydrangeas, wisteria and roses.
Simply stunning modern construction using natural materials to create a contemporary design that focuses attention on the olive grove and Alpilles Mountain view. The interior boasts high ceilings, tasteful art and lots of light and air. The exterior is reminiscent of scenes painted by Van Gogh in the area surrounding the quaint but sophisticated village of Eygalieres Near St Remy and Les Baux de Provence.
The property is 1 mile from the centre of Eygalières in the heart of Provence in a peaceful oasis and enjoys magnificent views of the Alpilles mountains. Eygalières is a trendy yet uncrowded and lovely Provençal village which has remained authentic and full of character and charm.
The 6 acres (2.4 hectares) enclosed property has landscaped gardens with a wide array of different trees - cypress, pine, oak and fruit trees (cherry, fig, apricot, almond, hazelnut, quince) and an olive grove of almost 300 olive trees.
The house is made up of two independent buildings and can accommodate 10 people – the smaller pavilion has two double rooms each with en suite bathrooms while the larger house includes the large living room, kitchen and dining room, home cinema as well as three double rooms each with en suite bathroom.
Both houses are on one level making it well suited for elderly people or those in wheelchairs.
The house’s rooms are large and bright and comprise:
- a spacious living room (over 50 m2) with stone fire place and cathedral ceiling 5m high and views over facing the Alpilles mountains
- a fully equipped kitchen close to both dining rooms, with a separate laundry room
- five large air conditioned double bedrooms, each with a private bathroom. Each room has a private entrance.
Four poster King size bed, en-suite bathroom (bath and shower), hair dryer, air conditioning, underfloor heating, private terrace, extra sofa (convertible into an additional double bed), Plasma TV, Euro Zone 2 DVD, with link to Bedroom 2
2 Twin four poster beds, en-suite bathroom (shower), hair dryer, air conditioning, underfloor heating, private terrace, Plasma TV, Euro Zone 2 DVD
2 Twin beds that can be made as a King, en-suite bathroom (bath), hair dryer, air conditioning, underfloor heating, Plasma TV
2 Twin beds that can be made as a King, en-suite bathroom (bath), hair dryer, air conditioning, underfloor heating, Plasma TV, Euro Zone 2 DVD, with link to Bedroom 5
2 Twin beds that can be made as a King, en-suite bathroom (shower), hair dryer, air conditioning, underfloor heating
• Large shaded external dining area by the house and another one out next to the pool
• Heated swimming pool (15m x 5m with retractable cover for security) surrounded by both terraces and lawns (shaded and sunny)
• Hammock and sun loungers with parasols
• Large gazebo with shaded dining area
• Terraces around the house with sun loungers and parasols
• Pool side shower and changing room
• Pool side kitchen
• Gas Grill BBQ
• Petanque/ boules pitch
• Table tennis
The fenced property is reached through an iron gate equipped with a remote control. The gate can be opened from inside the house.
The house includes:
• Air conditioning and heated floors (all rooms)
• Dining for 10-12 people (inside and outside under pergola shaded by jasmine)
• Brand new ultra-modern large kitchen (fully equipped by Siemens, 2 fridges, 2 freezers, 2 dishwashers, 2 plate warmers), espresso coffee machine
• Laundry room with washer and dryer and ice maker
• WIFI internet access (around the house)
• Playroom/home cinema with widescreen 50' LCD Sky satellite TV and 5.1 surround sound with foreign channels (BBC, CNN, Disney...)
• Satellite flat screen TVs each with Euro Zone 2 DVD players in each bedroom (plus 50 DVDs)
• iPod speaker system and HiFi system
• Baby Crib/ Cot, High Chair
Sheets and towels and separate pool towels provided. Six hours of cleaning is provided during the week usually 3 hours each on Tuesday and Thursday (extra cleaning hours 15 euros an hour. Please book early). After departure cleaning service is included.
• Maximum 10 guests
• Children Welcome
• Non Smoking Villa
• Pets are not allowed
• Security deposit to be held on credit card
• Check-in: 3:00 pm
• Check-out: 11.00 am
• All rentals run from Saturday to Saturday
• Arrivals on Sundays, Holidays, and late at night are generally not possible
“The Mas is an extraordinary destination. I have stayed in many beautiful rental homes in Provence over the past 10 years, but this house is very special.
The setting is amazing - from the wonderfully furnished terraces there is nothing in front of you except Van Gogh's Alpilles. You feel like you are in the middle of the painting.
The home itself is the most wonderful mix of sophistication and tradition. Beautiful high end furnishings, fully air conditioned, supremely comfortable bedrooms, gorgeous baths, a marvelous kitchen with every possible amenity, from the double fridges and dishwashers, to the great built in espresso machine for the perfect morning cappuccino.
All of this surrounded by manicured gardens of lavender, green lawns, a profusion of flowers, an olive grove, a huge heated pool, with separate pool kitchen and pool bath house.”
Mrs S from California
“Secluded, secure, beautiful. It’s my favorite Provence destination.”
Mrs W from USA
“The house, the pool and its surrounding garden is beautiful and well maintained. The place is very quiet but also close to the village of Eygalières”.
Mr F from Switzerland
Member since: 2013
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 10
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 12 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker:
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items:
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 29 - May 26, 2017
7 night min stay
May 27 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Jul 1 - Jul 28, 2017
7 night min stay
Jul 29 - Aug 25, 2017
7 night min stay
Septemer 2017 First
Aug 26 - Sep 15, 2017
7 night min stay
September 2017 Second
Sep 16 - Oct 6, 2017
7 night min stay
Oct 7 - Oct 28, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,627.45
- Taxes Not included
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
This is quintessential Provence - dazzling summers, olive trees, vineyards, hilltop villages, Roman ruins...
The house is ideally located to discover Provence as Eygalières (with its own 1 Michelin star restaurant Chez Bru) is in the middle of the major sights.
• within 15 minutes are St Rémy de Provence (beautiful and trendy provencal town) and les Baux de Provence (a spectacular historical medieval fortress and adjoining village together with the renown 2 Michelin star restaurant L’Oustau de Baumaniere).
• within one half hour's drive are Avignon, Arles, Tarascon and le Lubéron region's hilltop villages Gordes, Ménérbes, Roussillon, Bonnieux and the Sénanques Abbaye.
• within one hour's drive are Aix en Provence, the famous Chateauneuf-du-Pape vineyards, Orange, Vaison la Romaine, le Pont du Gard (famous Roman aqueduct and spectacular bridge), Nîmes, Uzés, la Camargue, Marseilles, the Mediterranean sea, les Calanques de Cassis.
When you just want to relax, you will enjoy our lovely pool and exceptional surroundings. Add to this the gentle country and Alpilles views, shaded outdoor dining and shaded poolside areas and you have an idyllic, restful holiday retreat.
• Markets/marchés (Local fruits, vegetables, foods and products) in surrounding villages
• Numerous local brocante fairs,
• Major antiques market in l' Isle sur la Sorgue, a small town 15 miles away.
• Major Festivals: - Avignon, - Aix en Provence, - Orange, - La Roque d'Antheiron.
• Bullfights in Nimes and Arles.
There are many fine restaurants and pleasant bistros/bars with shaded and sunny terraces in the area in:
• Eygalières and its 6 very nice and pleasant Provencal restaurants (Michelin 1 star Chez Bru)
• Saint-Rémy, 15 minutes away, an also trendy and busier town (while maintaining Provence's uncrowded feeling) with numerous restaurants and bars,
• Les Baux de Provence, 20 minutes away, famous Michelin 2 star l'Oustau de Beaumaniere
• Avignon, 30 minutes away, a beautiful Provencal city, classified in UNESCO's world heritage, with its papal palace, the largest gothic monument in the world, home of the Catholic church in the middle ages, and its world renown cultural festival in July.
• Aix en Provence, 45 minutes away, another beautiful Provencal city which, like Avignon, has an old and exceptional downtown which is wonderful to stroll in.
• Marseilles, 1 hour away, a Mediterranean sea jewel, and its spectacular ocean front Michelin 3 star restaurant Le Petit Nice
• cycling with rentals nearby,
• golf with three beautiful golf courses within 15 miles (Servannes, Pont Royal, and Les Baux),
• horseback riding for adults and children, with countryside tours,
• rock climbing,
• tennis in Eygalieres
• Kayaking down the beautiful Sorgue or Gardon going under the famous Roman aqueduct Pont du Gard, and much more.
Marseilles and Nîmes both 45 minutes away.
Avignon TGV station 30 minutes away. Paris 2h30 train ride away.
View towards the Alpilles hills at the end of the garden
Main living room at the Mas de Cypres
One of many terraces for quiet private reflection
Comfortable seating and parasols on one of the many terraces
View towards the main house, grape vines overhead
View of the kitchen
Master suite with view towards its private terrace
Bedroom 3 (twin beds), view out to the Alpilles hills and private terrace
Home cinema with surround sound
Terrace outside bedroom 4, view towards the Alpilles hills
Fig tree outised the master suite
Hammock out on the solarium
Heated pool together with sun beds and shaded seating area.
External dining area with a view of the olive grove
Main terrace outside the living room
Fountain under a large shaded canopy
Chimney in the living room. Sculpture from Bali, wall hangings from the Pacific
View of internal dining area towards the living room
Bedroom 2 (twin poster beds), viewout to the olive grove and the Alpilles hills
Bedroom 4 (twin beds)
Classical architeture with a contemporary twist
Relax by the pool on a comfortable sun lounger
View of the Alpilles hills from the pool
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, March 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.