Please do not hesitate to Google my name: Mary Jane Burt. I am a residential broker and real estate agent in New Haven Connecticut. I work at the Pearce company and can be reached on my cell to answer any questions.
Key points are bulleted at the end of this narrative - for a quick overview, please scroll down.
Welcome to KATAMA!
Air conditioning throughout this meticulously maintained home should make your visit pleasant during humid period or hot August nights! But what will make you happy during your visit is the homes location – near the Island’s most beautiful and exciting beach and its convenient location, quiet location where it is not unusual to see natures residents – a deer, rabbits, birds and ducks of all varieties visit our expansive backyard. And, you watch this from your perch on the large deck!
Our home rests on an island of its own - in the much sought after area of Edgartown called KATAMA - nestled between Herring Creek and Katama Roads and is surrounded by MV's extraordinary bike path that can take you to South Beach, the Village of Edgartown or beyond! Protected Open Space is minutes away on foot. The Village is an easy walk where you'll find entertainment, restaurants, fishing and access to Chappy!
South Beach is only a little bit more than a two-mile bike ride away, and the Katama Airport, Katama Store and Right Fork Diner a nice walk from the house. Our large deck and expansive backyard is perfect for cookouts and yard games! A Weber gas grill and picnic table complete the outdoor living space along with garden chairs and a hammock.
Our kitchen is well equipped for the most discriminating cook. Find everything from normal everyday mugs, plates and utensils to a blender, salad spinner, lobster pot! A new walnut table that can comfortably seat 8-10 graces the dining are.
Each of the three full baths has been updated and you will never want for towels or sheets, all of which are on site. The four bedrooms (2 down - MBR and Bath with Queen sized bed, and second bedroom (use of hall bath) has 2 Twin beds; Upstairs 2 bedrooms: one queen (with Apple TV, window and skylight) and, a second bedroom with 2 twins and a double bed are tastefully decorated.
The entire first floor is hardwood, except the baths, which are tiled. The second floor bedrooms are carpeted in a berber wall to wall rug and cleaned each year.
The house is maintained as a smoke-free pet-free environment.
We delight in taking long walks, biking along the path toward Morning Glory Farm for early morning muffins and late day pies for the evening's desert, tennis at the Boys and Girls Club or the school's jungle gym and play-yard with our children's children and friends. The Edgartown Fire Station Museum delights all, and the maritime museum is nestled into a lovely Village neighborhood. There is sailing and swimming, gardens and beaches, museums and shops galore. And all this is a mere mile from your summer retreat.
Living Space: Open floor plan concept where living room kitchen and dining all are one. The living room features a large wall hung flat screen TV with cable, Netflix and Amazon. The cable is premium and internet system is high speed.
Bedrooms: One master with queen sized bed and full bath (Shower) south facing with large eastern window, slider and attached deck overlooking the backyard ; and second bedroom north facing large bank of windows, easterly facing window and 2 twin beds.
Two bedrooms - one with queen sized bed and flat screen Apple TV, Netflix and Amazon; Second bedroom 2 twin beds and a double. Both rooms have large windows and skylights!
Need to know:
Guest access – electronic and keyed, if you opt for the old fashion way to enter the house. Your access code is given to you before your arrival
Enjoy all the amenities the home has to offer, including:
- 2 sets of bed linens for each bed
- Bath towels for 3 full baths are INCLUDED (beach towels are not provided, although there are a few extra ones there for your guests)
- Central Air Conditioning thermostatically controlled in each room
- Auto-ignite gas fireplace in living room
- HD TV in second floor master with queen-sized bed includes Amazon and Netflix along with Apple TV
- Main living room has flat screen premium cabled TV also with Amazon and Netflix, and along with DVD player
- Blast WiFi Xfinity connection
- Outdoor Shower
- Driveway parking for 4 cars
- Outdoor propane gas grill
- Pack n' Play, high-chair
- Boogie boards
- Beach chairs
- Beach umbrella
• The neighborhood
The highly desirable Katama area of Edgartown is Martha's Vineyards' biggest draws - with a bike or a car you're close to everything!
- steps to the bike path on either Katama or Herring Creek Rds
- .5 to the New Katama General Store
- .5 miles to Katama airfield (Right Fork Diner)
- 1.0 miles to Main Street Edgartown
- 1.1 miles to Morning Glory Farms
- 1.1 miles to the Edgartown Whaling Museum
- 1.1 miles to the newly constructed Edgartown Library
- 1.5 to the nearest full grocery store (Stop and Shop)
- 1.9 miles to South Beach
• Other things of importance
- No smoking on premises
- No large private parties, gatherings, or weddings
- No pets
- Please respect that this is a quiet neighborhood and Edgartown has a nightly noise ordinance - there should not be loud noises after 10 p.m.