Designers Carriage House Retreat with Bay Views(34 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 Story, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, With Water Views
• arrive to a welcome tray with a seasonal, organic treat from Owner's favorite local coffee shop to help you settle into the moment.
• be inspired by the home's wonderful character throughout interior - fresh and airy painted all white interior and lovely hardwood floors, bead board ceilings and trim, shingle exterior. Renovated kitchen with granite countertops, appliances, and tile flooring. Victorian-style pedestal sink in bathroom with shower. Bedroom upstairs is on its own floor with high ceilings and lovely hardwood floors reminiscent of boat deck flooring. Great place for watching the sunrise. Partial view of san francisco bay from front porch, as well as your living room, kitchen, and upstairs bedroom. Private garden entrance through picket fence with easy street parking using owner's free guest parking pass that is provided during your stay.
• convenient access to inspire walking and public transportation - only 2 blocks to the waterfront, restaurants and public transportation bus stop, grocery store and coin laundromat or laundry/dry cleaning delivery service, 10 minutes to the Sausalito ferry terminal and shopping boutiques in town in one direction, and marin headlands national park in the other direction. 15 minutes into San Francisco across the golden gate or 30-45 minutes by bicycle.
• fully furnished with all necessities including queen size bed, dining table and chairs, side tables, couch, rugs, dishware and much more all in owner signature urban farmhouse style . Enjoy one-of-a-kind vintage items hand selected by owner at antique markets around the world designed to inspire you to slow down, simplify, and live life with passion.
• enjoy owner’s favorite decorating magazines and spiritual awakening, travel, organic cooking and lifestyle books.
Please note: this is a non-smoking property. No smoking is allowed inside the property or anywhere on property garden or exterior grounds. We also require guests to remove shoes before entering carriage house to keep cottage fresh and allergy free. We provide a convenient boot tray for guests to park shoes. Thank you!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Between 9:00am PST and 12:00 noon PST
Member since: 2013
- 850 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 3-4
- home has a very large upstairs bedroom with queen bed and two windows including one from bed looking out to San Francisco Bay. We can also provide guest a double size comfortable air mattress or baby crib both with pillows and linens if requested at booking. These can easily be set up in large upstairs bedroom or on main floor downstairs....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Music Library
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Duty Free Shops
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
vintage table and chairs, fresh flowers for all guests, separate space with artist desk set up for guest to do work, paint, write a book, or to inspire another creative expression during their visit....moreless
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 3 guests; add $35 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Cleaning Fee $80
- Taxes Not included
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Imagine walking through a white picket fence, passing organic vegetables and smelling the scent of lemon thyme as you travel the winding path to your front door. Take a leisurely stroll up secret staircases between beautiful Victorian homes in old town sausalito at the end of the day. Awake to blue jays chirping as you meditate in your airy upper bedroom. Clip fresh mint from your porch garden and sip in a vintage tea cup while watching the sun rise each morning. Walk to a local yoga class on a saturday morning just 10 minute from home. Enjoy a fresh baked croissant at local coffee shops while people watching. Lay in bed as you listen to the mystical fog horns on a quintessential San Francisco evening while immersed in a good book. Walk to the ferry terminal just 10 minutes walk away passing fishing boats and rowers out on the bay before taking a ferry into san francisco for site seeing, Visting Alcatraz or perhaps exploring the San Francisco ferry building. Bike on a sunday morning to sausalito’s farmers market and take cooking classes at one of many local cooking schools. Treat yourself to a spa day at great spas like Cavallo point just 5 minutes away. Share a moment with a friend or family member and glass of wine watching the sunset and sailboats drifting by without leaving your front porch. Relax into the person you were born to be.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: I am the founder of the lifestyle brand Maison reve (means dream home in french). My mother is suisse french and i grew up in Montreal. As a child, we were raised to enjoy simple living and now my passion is to inspire others to slow the pace of our busy lives down so we fully enjoy the moment of everyday life. My business has been featured in several national magazines showcasing our signature urban farmhouse design style that you will experience at the carriage house. I live with my Australian born husband (from Sydney) and our two children in our 1893 Victorian home that we fully restored a few years ago.
Why the Owner Chose Sausalito, CA, USA:
Our main home and this seperate detached 1910 historic carriage house in the back garden of property are completely magical. I knew they were special the minute I first walked inside. They are one of the oldest houses in the whole Bay area, main house was built in 1893 by a shipyard captain with the carriage house in 1910. We spent 2 years fully restoring both places and the gardens. We feel very blessed to live in such a wonderful place and raise our young children here. It's not just the spectacular view and all the places to explore, it's the birds that visit the garden each morning, the lovely trees and just the energy of this place is serene. When my husband and I stand on our front porch at night and watch the moon and stars above catching the shimmering light on the Bay it still takes our breath away every time.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The views inspire you to feel grateful for everything in life. The location inspires you to walk to the downtown, take a ferry and explore San Francisco, Napa or Sonoma wine country, the redwood trees in Muir Woods, the lovely California beaches or skiing in Lake Tahoe. The property is a magical retreat in the heart of everything you want to experience. We feel enormously grateful to be able to share this with others from all around the world.
- Primary: 4152987775 Between 9:00am PST and 12:00 noon PST
Links to more information:
Relax and unwind in spacious upstairs bedroom
breath-taking views of San Francisco, Alcatraz and Angel Island from Old Town
private porch with partial water view great for watching sunrises and sailboats
brand new comfortable sofa converts to sleeper full bed
view from front door
enjoy the beach, boardwalk and downtown just 4 blocks walk from Carriage House!
rejuvenate your soul in your private light and sunny loft style Carriage House
main room great for relaxing, cooking and reading a good book
view into bathroom (with shower, toilet, shelves, and spa bath products to enjoy
view walking up stairs to upper bedroom
start your day with a meditation and inspirational quote available at house
take a leisurely stroll down Sausalito's marina harbor
New bed in upstairs bedroom w/ Belgian linen all white bedding & fluffy duvets
Owner's 1893 Victorian home with Carriage House in back garden (shown on left)
charming entrance to invites you to relax and unwind
spa like reading chair invites you to put your feet up and read a good book
decorations for the holidays in December
enjoy local seasonal organic meals at your French antique dining table
view from front door (white love seat has been replaced with full size sofa)
full size kitchen with wonderful dishware, large full fridge, oven and farm sink
view going up stairway to upstairs large bedroom
relax in spa robes and Belgium linen organic sheets from Libeco Lagae
Carriage House is a seperate detached cottage in back garden with private porch
stop and watch ferry boats to and from San Francisco and Sausalito go by
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 10, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM