Clear the calendar for a trip to 'Clever Bear Cabin,' a 2-bedroom + loft, 1-bath vacation rental house that sleeps 6 in Roscommon. You'll feel right at home from the moment you arrive, as a river stone hearth, vaulted ceilings and wood beam accents envelop you and warm your soul. Whether you prefer summers spent canoeing on Higgins Lake or winters on the slopes of Mount Holiday, you'll find adventure awaits no more than a few miles away. Kick back, relax, and enjoy all the best Great Lake State.
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Twin Bed, Twin Trundle | Loft: Queen Bed
Start each morning with a strong pot of coffee as you prepare for a day of adventure. With Higgins Lake just a stone's throw away, 'Clever Bear Cabin' makes it easy to spend your getaway canoeing, kayaking, and fishing on the water whenever you please.
After each busy day, wash up in the outdoor shower before retreating inside to relax. This cabin is the perfect vacationer's respite, where old up-north charm and modern amenities perfectly coincide. Curl up with a good book by the gas fireplace, while the little ones doze off in front of the flat-screen Smart TV in the living room.
Refuel your fellow adventurers with a hearty home-cooked meal each evening. Whip up savory soups and side dishes in the well-equipped kitchen inside, and summer feasts at the cooking station outside! The cabin features an outdoor prep area and gas grill to assist with those classic cookout nights.
Enjoy good food and great company at the patio table, while the kids romp, keep Fido nearby in the fenced area. When the sky starts to dim, end the night on a sweet note with s'mores around the outdoor fire pit, where towering pines and a canopy of stars frame a picture-perfect night.
Retire inside for peaceful slumbers at one of the 3 sleeping arrangements. Tired tykes will love a space all their own on the twin bed and twin trundle in the second bedroom, while you choose between a queen bed in either the first bedroom or loft.
'Clever Bear Cabin' is just 1.5 miles from both the North and South Higgins Lake State Park, providing endless opportunity for outdoor recreation and easy-going beach days. A short walk down the street will take you to the heart of it all - Higgins Lake - where kayaking, canoeing, fishing, swimming, and sunbathing await!
Roscommon is the perfect place for those looking to get away, while still being mere minutes from all the fun. Head 10 minutes into town to visit some of the local shops and restaurants, or visit in September to take part in the Michigan Firemen's Memorial Festival!
When the cold weather blows in, trade your oars for a pair of ski poles! Within 2 hours of the property, you'll find plenty of mountains to shred, including Treetops Resort, Hickory Hills, Mount Holiday Ski Area, Boyne Resort, and the Caberfae Peaks!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, free WiFi, 2 flat-screen Smart TVs, gas fireplace, gas grill and outdoor prep area, outdoor fire pit, fenced yard, private deck, outdoor shower, and much more!
- Unbeatable Roscommon location - equidistant from the Higgins Lake State Parks, with the town only a 10-minute drive away!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Boyne Mountain Airport - 1 Boyne Mountain Rd, Boyne Falls, MI 49713, (~ 61.5 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $50 fee per stay, per pet, not to exceed 2 dogs, and prior homeowner approval is necessary
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Sports equipment at house is not for guest use
- Please note that linens and towels are not provided at the property. It is recommended that you supply your own
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in