This cozy, warm apartment is conveniently located in the heart of Ballard, just 0.5 mile from is quaint downtown. The neighborhood is safe and friendly. And, one of the most coveted by the locals because its many attractions and conveniences. Ease of access to transportation and within a 5-10 min drive to downtown Seattle.
Many of my guests leave their car parked at home to avoid the hustle of finding parking or having to pay for it, they simply walk down on 24th Ave to Market St. Just 5 short blocks away are two of my favorite bakeries, Café Besalu and next door, Tall Grass Bakery. They make artisan breads and pastries, the best in town. There are other small businesses on 24th like Olaf’s a nice pub literally around the corner. A hamburger joint Scooter’s and a nice big grocery store (QFC) with free underground parking for getting your groceries. My guests have also told me they enjoyed and appreciated very much the convenience of grabbing bus #40 at the street corner and riding to downtown Seattle.
The apartment was recently renovated. Located in the first floor of our property (not a basement) it has easy access with only three steps from street level. Here you will find all the standard amenities that you would normally find in a hotel wireless internet, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, computer desk, coffee maker, toaster and microwave.
Other amenities include:
- Private, independent entrance with a keyless electronic door lock.
- Well-lit entrance with sensor lights for late arrivals.
- The unit comes with its own off-street parking (first one to the left). There is free street parking on our block also.
- King bed with high quality mattress, Simmons Beautyrest.
- Dania Sofa bed, with a real foam mattress queen size.
- 25 mbp high speed, private network internet cable with fast, latest technology Wi-Fi router.
- 40' internet connected smart apps TV with Netflix included.
- Full size refrigerator, gas cook-top, microwave, coffeemaker and toaster.
- Kitchen stocked with pots and pans and set of silverware for four.
- Bathroom with toilet, sink and shower.
- Free use of our home gym included.
- Free use of our bikes to go explore the area.
- For families with babies, we have a clean Graco Pack 'n Play Playard with Reversible Napper and Changer that can be used for infants and toddlers.
- Access to private backyard with table and chairs (just behind French doors in picture).
- 10% Discount for returning guests
Ballard was a city of its own in the past founded when cars didn't exist. It was later absorbed by its bigger sister city Seattle. For this reason, it can still feel like a small town retaining its downtown, working waterfront and old businesses open to date. Many warehouses and storefronts though, have been converted to tasty new restaurants, like my favorite Mexican, La Carta de Oxaca on Ballard ave.
Seattle is a city with a solid public transportation when it comes to buses.
We are located less than half a block from the bus stop. You can take routes #18 and #40 at our block corner of 24th and 64th; both will take you to downtown Seattle. Route #40 also goes to the Northgate Mall in its northbound route. Route #44 on Market Street will take you to UW.
If you have a smart phone you can use Google maps and chose the public transportation option when planning your route. You may also find very useful the OneBusAway App with real time transit information, timetables and route planing. This App was first develop here at home at the UW and it is now in use all over the US and abroad.