Enjoy Care-Free Lifestyle of Your Childhood Beach Vacations with Modern Flair!(18 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Nostalgic Beach Charm + Modern Designer Amenities=Villa Margarita-steps to beach
Our ultra-talented interior-designer created the light-filled 2 bedroom Villa Margarita beach cottage on gorgeous Manasota Key (the island next to Venice, near all Venice attractions but with its own island charm:)) Villa Margarita is only 1 minute walk to our spectacular beach & only 1 minute walk to picturesque Lemon Bay - perfect for kayaking/fishing. (free use our kayaks & canoe!) Only 5 minute walk to # 1 ranked attraction of Stump Pass State Beach Park (a natural wonderland-bring your camera!) & only 8 minute walk to 3 very popular beach restaurants with fun island nightlife & live tropical music. Sleeps up to 6.
* Walk to free beach yoga classes which our guests love!
In prime season Saturday is our arrival/departure day, full week reservations- like most places in area. (still good value even if you can't stay entire time). more flexible on timing in shoulder season.
- Villa Margarita is a 2 bedroom, open-concept beach cottage with 1 full bathroom with shower plus an outdoor shower with hot & cold water makes after beach clean up a breeze. More private than a condo, Villa Margarita is a delightful single story (no one staying over or under your place!) light-filled end villa in a quiet row of 3 charming beach villas - each with its own private screened in small lanai. Villa Margarita is our closest place to our great beach.
* Sleeps up to 6 in beds (including trundle). Maximum occupancy is 6. Or serves as a romantic, spacious retreat for 1 couple to enjoy. We have similar beach cottages in the same great area if your group grows. Reservations are first come, first served and we cannot hold dates until booked. We fill up very quickly. No pets. No smoking. Must be 25 years or older or staying with parents.
** We are family friendly & also popular with active seniors. Absolutely no student groups. Low-key, respectful guests only as this is a nice, quiet, upscale beach community. You will sleep well!
*Just updated by our ultra-talented interior designer, Villa Margarita beach cottage features a dine-in kitchen with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, new range, dishwasher, full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, garbage disposal, toaster & blender to make pina coladas.
* 2 cottage bedrooms with new designer bed linens, 1 full bathroom with shower and new vanity, plus outdoor shower on the side of Villa Margarita with hot & cold water. (+ many beach bathrooms at stump pass beach entrance near us) Small private lanai, new sofa sleeper in inviting family room with new Samsung, high-definition, LED flat screen TV. Relax after beach time with all premium movie channels FREE including HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax, STARZ, etc.!
* Chill out in our new patio conversation seating area and enjoy mint mojitos at our new self-serve Tiki Bar in common courtyard overlook gorgeous new Swim Spa & Waterfall. New kitchen dining table in kitchen plus bistro table on lanai. One bedroom features a king-size bed, the second bedroom showcases our new deluxe bunk set - twin over a full bed, then a twin trundle slides out under the full to sleep up to 4 in bunks. Efficient AC window units. No need to over pack - all linens & beach gear provided. Full size washer & dryer on premises in common laundry room. 4 basic outdoor showers in common area for easy after beach clean up. One of the outdoor showers with hot & cold water is on the side of Villa Margarita. * FREE AMENITIES GALORE! New Swim Spa & Waterfall! 2 Kayaks and a canoe for our guests to use free! Current guests report the canoe & kayaks have been an amazing, memorable way to explore breath-taking Lemon Bay! Just pop them in Bay at end of our short cute street - lots of dolphins have been around lately so this is a fantastic experience (I tried out the kayaks with my family. I was stunned when a dolphin came up so close we could touch it & then the dolphin dove right under our kayak thrilling our kids- it was quite the experience!:); New outdoor ping pong has also been very popular with our guests of all ages!
* Get the most out of your vacation stay with our free Insider's Guest Guide & new online Hospitality Suite - loaded with great ideas for local activities, golf/tennis, our favorite restaurants/grocery stores, day spas, fitness, water adventures, fishing, day trips, nature activities, shopping, museums/cultural activities. Free wireless high-speed internet access for guests who bring laptops. 2 free parking space for each cottage (no oversize vehicles). If there are children in your group we have a responsible local babysitter, beach toys & a large playground is walkable. Two Coleman folding camping-style beach chairs with 'Cooler' pocket on sides for your favorite beverage, beach umbrella, boogie boards, skim board, light-weight beach towels; popular board games (plus a great playground, basketball court are walkable). Very popular free beach yoga classes only 8 minute walk down our beach!
** Friendly, caring owners are very easy to work with and absolutely devoted to constantly improving the guest experience and property maintenance. Enjoy!
This vacation villa is part of exclusive Blue Starfish Resort (only 6 quaint cottages) in highly desired South-end of the Island location. This central island location is close to everything! Located on a quaint short residential street, guests walk only 1 minute to our deeded beach access on a gorgeous Manasota Key beach. Unlike other area beaches with erosion problems, our beach is plentiful and sand does not disappear in high tide! Walk the same 1 minute distance the other direction to picturesque Lemon Bay where you can fish for dinner, or take a serene kayak excursion. Only 5 minute walk to the breathtaking Stump Pass nature preserve with acres of secluded shoreline, kayak launches, and hiking trails. Take a longer 8 minute walk to Manasota Keys most popular restaurants & bars including Flounders, White Elephant, Lock n Key with live tropical music; boat/kayak/watersports rental stores; plus a convenience store and large fantastic public beach across the street with Pavilions, great playground, basketball court, and very popular free beach yoga classes. Golf & tennis options in our guest guide. Guests love this prime island location!
** OPTIONAL AWARD-WINNING HEALTH-CLUB & JR. OLYMPIC OUTDOOR HEATED POOL & SPA OFF-SITE-only 5 minute drive from us available for reasonable weekly fee paid directly to club (only about $60 for week family membership access with 1 free trial day & free Red-Cross certified childcare white you work out.
****ABOUT BLUE STARFISH BEACH RESORT...
Our charming Manasota Key resort, Blue Starfish, offers lazy leisure time along with adventurous fun, plus modernized villas created by our ultra- talented interior designer. Blue Starfish's blend of elegance and casual playfulness is owed to its harmonious approach to accommodations. The result is an authenticity that the typical modern resort simply cannot create. Your stay at Blue Starfish Resort will leave you with the sense that you've
rediscovered your beloved childhood beach vacations, but with all the modern conveniences we can't live without. Whether you stay in a beautifully decorated two bedroom villa or our darling studio, Blue Starfish's horseshoe configuration provides plenty of privacy. Blue Starfish's neighboring beach cottage options include: One 3 bedroom/1 bathroom; three 2 bedroom/1 bathroom cottages; one 2 bedroom/2 bath cottage; & one 1 cute open-concept beach studio with 1 bathroom & kitchenette. Community amenities on site: outdoor conversation seating; self-serve Tiki Bar set; 2 charcoal grills; outdoor bistro sets; laundry room. New outdoor Ping-Pong area; 2 kayaks & 1 canoe now available for our guests to enjoy. (adult-size life jackets provided - please bring kid sizes as they need to fit well if they plan to use watercraft) We just added all new cookware, new bake set, new place settings, new stainless steel range, new stainless steel refrigerator/freezer. Quiet, respectful low-key vacationers only as this is a nice upscale residential beach community. Popular day trips include Venice Island, Sarasota, Siesta Key, Sanibel, Naples, Orlando's Disney/Seaworld/Universal Studios; Legoland, Busch Gardens Tampa; Miami; Key West Express boat trips from Fort Myers down to Keys.
* ABOUT MANASOTA KEY
Manasota Key, Florida, is a charming beach town in southwest Florida, just 25 miles south of Sarasota along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. A paradise for vacationers, you will fall in love with the beaches, and the laid-back attitude of the natives! Our vacation rental cottages on Manasota Key are all fully furnished, with free wireless Internet, all linens and towels, a washer and dryer in shared laundry room new Samsung high definition LED television, and a fully equipped kitchen.Beautifully furnished and perfectly maintained, they offer more than the comforts of home & are much more private than condos. You'll find your dream beach escape here at a reasonable rate. Manasota Key is known for its white sand beaches, scattered with shells and sharks' teeth, as well as its lovely sunsets and charming tropical beach restaurants with live music most days. The old, palm tree-filled streets evoke a simpler, less hectic time, and this attitude is reflected in the friendly locals, too. You'll love exploring our breath-taking beaches.
From wandering the seclude shores of the magical Stump Pass Beach State Park near us to dining at Flounders Beach Restaurant, you will love simply hanging out on the Key. We have many happy repeat guests and we want you to be one of them!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2005
- 855 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
We are very child friendly. Beach toys, pack n play, booster seat, popular board games & lots of beach gear provided. Older kids/teens will especially enjoy fishing, sharks teeth hunting, on-site outdoor Ping-Pong. Walkable to Englewood Beach's basketball courts, Flounder's sand games & numerous watersports rentals near Flounder's - jet skis, SUPs, bikes, boats, parasailing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, etc.!...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- 2 bedroom cottage sleeps up to 6. New king-size bed with brand new comfortable mattress in master bedroom. Deluxe bunk room sleeps up to 4 in bunks with twin over full bed & twin trundle slides out under full. All new designer bed linens provided & all new furniture throughout cottage. Enjoy!...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
gorgeous granite countertops in beachy neutral tones. Cottage white kitchen cabinets. All new stainless steel appliances: cook-top range, dishwasher, full size refrigerator freezer; microwave; etc....moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 22 - May 26, 2017
2 night min stay
May 27 - Aug 18, 2017
2 night min stay
Aug 19 - Nov 17, 2017
2 night min stay
Thanksgiving Week 2017
Nov 18 - Nov 24, 2017
3 night min stay
Early Winter 2017
Nov 25 - Dec 22, 2017
2 night min stay
Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2017
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat
Dec 30 - Jan 5, 2018
2 night min stay
Jan 6 - Feb 2, 2018
2 night min stay
Feb 3 - Apr 6, 2018
2 night min stay
Apr 7 - Dec 21, 2018
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fee $99 + tax
- Tax Rate 12%
Good news! we now have flexible arrival & departure days. 2 night minimum stay. & we just lowered ALL rates to more than offset this website's new service fee! Even though it is NOT OUR FEE. credit cards accepted. Reservations are non-refundable-best to get travel insurance for peace of mind. no smoking. no pets. no student groups. Low-key respectful guests only as this is a nice quiet beach community & you will sleep well. We are proud to say we have many happy repeat guests
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
PRIME LOCATION ON THE KEY! We are extremely lucky to have one of the best locations on Manasota Key! We searched forever for the perfect spot on the keys & we found it. It was worth the wait. Just steps to both our gorgeous beach which never gets crowded & 1 minute walk the opposite way to picturesque Lemon Bay on either end of our tiny, pretty island street. We are also beyond fortunate to be in the same neighborhood as the highest ranked local attraction - the nature wonderland of Stump Pass State Beach Park. Stump Pass offers acres of secluded shoreline & hiking trails plus fantastic fishing on the end. (it is just a quick 5 minute stroll to our left - or your can enjoy free use our kayaks or canoe to explore Stump Pass shoreline & tranquil Lemon Bay. We also love that we can walk just 8 minutes down our beach to the right to get to the popular free yoga classes on the beach, playground, basketball courts, souvenir shop, numerous watersports rentals (jet skis, SUPs, parasailing, boats, tours, etc), & to the Key's 3 most popular restaurants with live tropical music & delicious seafood on their patios. A family-favorite, Flounder's has fun beach games in the sand to entertain kids of all ages (even teens!) while parents dine & listen to live music is close view of the kids.
Beach Bound Escapes
About the owner: Our fondest memories from childhood are of spending time with devoted grandparents & cousins on sun-filled, fun-filled Florida beach vacations. Ironically, my husband & I first met each other on a Florida vacation after college to visit relatives. Needless to say Florida vacations are close to my heart and I fortunately was able to turn them into a small business I'm absolutely passionate about. My husband spent his boyhood vacation visiting Manasota Key's stunning beaches. His fun beach memories prompted our years-long search for the perfect place to call our own on beloved Manasota Key.
Why the Owner Chose Manasota Key, FL, USA:
Location, location, LOCATION! Villa Margarita delights guests with all new furnishings throughout done by our very talented interior designer & numerous FREE amenities- Just steps to our Gorgeous Gulf of Mexico Beach!! We are extremely lucky to have one of the best locations on Manasota Key! My husband and I searched forever for the perfect spot on the keys & we found it. It was worth the wait. Just steps to both our gorgeous beach which never gets crowded & one of the best places of earth to find the pre-historic sharks teeth the area is famous for! (our kids have collected tons of sharks teeth - which make the ultimate free souvenirs!!) 1 minute walk the opposite way to picturesque Lemon Bay on either end of our tiny, pretty island street. We are also beyond fortunate to be in the same neighborhood as the highest ranked local attraction - the nature wonderland of Stump Pass State Beach Park. Stump Pass offers acres of secluded shoreline & hiking trails plus fantastic fishing on the end. (it is just a quick 5 minute stroll to our left - or your can enjoy free use our kayaks or canoe to explore Stump Pass shoreline & tranquil Lemon Bay. We also love that we can walk just 8 minutes down our beach to the right to get to the popular free yoga classes on the beach, playground, basketball courts, souvenir shop, numerous watersports rentals (jet skis, SUPs, parasailing, boats, tours, etc), & to the Key's 3 most popular restaurants with live tropical music & delicious seafood on their patios. A family-favorite, Flounder's has fun beach games in the sand to entertain kids of all ages (even teens!) while parents dine & listen to live music is close view of the kids.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Villa Margarita is our closest cottage to our awesome beach! We fell in love with the perfect location of blue starfish & the relaxed island charm of these adorable beach cottages. Our talented interior designer worked her magic on each blue starfish beach cottage adding all new coastal furnishings & modern conveniences while preserving the nostalgic cottage vibe of yesteryear. * * Attractive brand new heated, courtyard swimming pool with massage therapy jets & glass-tiled waterfall in common patio area - enjoy! Granite counters, new stainless steel appliances, new cabinets & well equipped kitchen make preparing casual meals a snap. Or enjoy lots of walkable dining options if you don't like to cook. Some of our guests like to catch their dinner in the Bay or Stump Pass, then use our 4 grills to enjoy alfresco patio dining out back. If you love dolphins like our family does, this is your place We see them frequently jumping in our waves & even coming up right next to the kayaks - an amazing experience. Also plentiful are the pre-historic shark's teeth the area is famous for. Our beach is one of the best places to find these thousands-of-years old gems which make fantastic souvenirs. Our kids love to hunt for them & so do we - it is quite addicting! We treat our guests like family & offer exceptional value with loads of free amenities from all premium channels included free on our new Samsung flatscreen TVs to an extensive array of popular beach gear. We are proud to say many of our guests are repeats - returning annually 'to their blue starfish home by the shore' for another dose of island charm. Enjoy!
- Primary: +1 9786094268 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST daily best time to call.
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - New Virtual Tour Link for Villa Margarita
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Relax in our Courtyard Island "Oasis" Facing Picturesque Pool & Waterfall!
Plenty of Island Style Patio Sets &Comfy Seats Face Beautiful Swim Spa/Waterfall
Free use of our kayaks & canoes to see dolphins up close & explore tranquil Bay
Guests love our gorgeous granite countertops & new stainless steel appliances!
Enjoy new king-size bed with new designer bed linens & all new furniture
Deluxe bunks-twin over full bed & twin trundle slides out under full to sleeps 4
Walk or boat to White Elephant Pub for live music & Bay-front casual dining
Our stunning beach delights guests! Deeded beach access just 1 minute quick walk
Priceless beach memories you'll treasure forever! Popular beach gear provided!
Our deluxe body boards thrill all ages! Surfs-Up!
Mesmerizing Glass Tile Waterfall Pours into Swim Spa with Massage Therapy Jets!
Little ones will love our big beach playground! only 8 minute walk down beach
Stunning Glass-Tile Waterfall & Swim Spa with Massage Therapy Jets!
Relax after beach with all premium channels free on new Samsung high-def TV!
Hunt for the pre-historic shark teeth area is famous for on breath-taking beach!
1 minute quick walk until your toes are in the Gulf's captivating blue waters!
Our very popular, light-filled Villa Margarita enjoys many happy, repeat guests!
Full cute bathroom with shower & new vanity. Plus outdoor shower on cottage side
Get your game on with our popular on-site outdoor Ping-Pong!
New dining table seats 6 & bistro table on private lanai seats 2 more
Spectacular light shows nightly! Grab a wine & take in our dazzling sunsets!
Head to our family's favorite Flounders for live music, Tiki Bar, fresh seafood!
Great night-life, sand games & fire-pits at Flounders & watersports rentals near
Villa Margarita is our light-filled end cottage closest to Beach! Private Lanai!
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, April 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.