About the property
- House855 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 2 nights
Nostalgic Beach Charm + Modern Designer Amenities=Villa Margarita-steps to beach
Fantastic news - our cottage is in great shape after hurricane Irma fortunately and our Beach is as beautiful as ever! Location, location, location! Your search for the perfect beach cottage in prime location is finally over!
Our ultra-talented interior-designer created the light-filled 2 bedroom Villa Margarita beach cottage on gorgeous Manasota Key (the island next to Venice, near all Venice attractions but with its own island charm:)) Villa Margarita is only 1 minute walk to our spectacular beach & only 1 minute walk to picturesque Lemon Bay - perfect for kayaking/fishing. (free use our kayaks & canoe!) Only 5 minute walk to # 1 ranked attraction of Stump Pass State Beach Park (a natural wonderland!) & only 8 minute walk to 3 very popular beach restaurants with fun island nightlife & live tropical music. Sleeps up to 6.
* Walk to free beach yoga classes which our guests love! In prime season like most places in area.
* * Very attractive brand new heated, courtyard swimming pool with Massage Therapy jets & Glass-tiled Waterfall in resort's common patio area - enjoy!
- Villa Margarita is a 2 bedroom, open-concept beach cottage with 1 full bathroom with shower plus an outdoor shower with hot & cold water makes after beach clean up a breeze. More private than a condo, Villa Margarita is a delightful single story (no one staying over or under your place!) light-filled end villa in a quiet row of 3 charming beach villas - each with its own private screened in small lanai. Villa Margarita is our closest place to our great beach.
* Sleeps up to 6 in beds (including trundle). Maximum occupancy is 6. Or serves as a romantic, spacious retreat for 1 couple to enjoy. We have similar beach cottages in the same great area if your group grows. Reservations are first come, first served and we cannot hold dates until booked. We fill up very quickly. No pets. No smoking. Must be 25 years or older or staying with parents.
** We are family friendly & also popular with active seniors. Absolutely no student groups. Low-key, respectful guests only as this is a nice, quiet, upscale beach community. You will sleep well!
*Just updated by our ultra-talented interior designer, Villa Margarita beach cottage features a dine-in kitchen with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, new range, dishwasher, full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, garbage disposal, toaster & blender to make pina coladas.
* 2 cottage bedrooms with new designer bed linens, 1 full bathroom with shower and new vanity, plus outdoor shower on the side of Villa Margarita with hot & cold water. (+ many beach bathrooms at stump pass beach entrance near us) Small private lanai, new sofa sleeper in inviting family room with new Samsung, high-definition, LED flat screen TV. Relax after beach time with all premium movie channels FREE including HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax, STARZ, etc.!
* Chill out in our new patio conversation seating area and enjoy mint mojitos at our new self-serve Tiki Bar in common courtyard overlook gorgeous new Swim Spa & Waterfall. New kitchen dining table in kitchen plus bistro table on lanai. One bedroom features a king-size bed, the second bedroom showcases our new deluxe bunk set - twin over a full bed, then a twin trundle slides out under the full to sleep up to 4 in bunks. Efficient AC window units. No need to over pack - all linens & beach gear provided. Full size washer & dryer on premises in common laundry room. 4 basic outdoor showers in common area for easy after beach clean up. One of the outdoor showers with hot & cold water is on the side of Villa Margarita. * FREE AMENITIES GALORE! New Swim Spa & Waterfall! 2 Kayaks and a canoe for our guests to use free! Current guests report the canoe & kayaks have been an amazing, memorable way to explore breath-taking Lemon Bay! Just pop them in Bay at end of our short cute street - lots of dolphins have been around lately so this is a fantastic experience (I tried out the kayaks with my family. I was stunned when a dolphin came up so close we could touch it & then the dolphin dove right under our kayak thrilling our kids- it was quite the experience!:); New outdoor ping pong has also been very popular with our guests of all ages!
* Get the most out of your vacation stay with our free Insider's Guest Guide & new online Hospitality Suite - loaded with great ideas for local activities, golf/tennis, our favorite restaurants/grocery stores, day spas, fitness, water adventures, fishing, day trips, nature activities, shopping, museums/cultural activities. Free wireless high-speed internet access for guests who bring laptops. 2 free parking space for each cottage (no oversize vehicles). If there are children in your group we have a responsible local babysitter, beach toys & a large playground is walkable. Two Coleman folding camping-style beach chairs with 'Cooler' pocket on sides for your favorite beverage, beach umbrella, boogie boards, skim board, light-weight beach towels; popular board games (plus a great playground, basketball court are walkable). Very popular free beach yoga classes only 8 minute walk down our beach!
** Friendly, caring owners are very easy to work with and absolutely devoted to constantly improving the guest experience and property maintenance. Enjoy!
This vacation villa is part of exclusive Blue Starfish Resort (only 6 quaint cottages) in highly desired South-end of the Island location. This central island location is close to everything! Located on a quaint short residential street, guests walk only 1 minute to our deeded beach access on a gorgeous Manasota Key beach. Unlike other area beaches with erosion problems, our beach is plentiful and sand does not disappear in high tide! Walk the same 1 minute distance the other direction to picturesque Lemon Bay where you can fish for dinner, or take a serene kayak excursion. Only 5 minute walk to the breathtaking Stump Pass nature preserve with acres of secluded shoreline, kayak launches, and hiking trails. Take a longer 8 minute walk to Manasota Keys most popular restaurants & bars including Flounders, White Elephant, Lock n Key with live tropical music; boat/kayak/watersports rental stores; plus a convenience store and large fantastic public beach across the street with Pavilions, great playground, basketball court, and very popular free beach yoga classes. Golf & tennis options in our guest guide. Guests love this prime island location!
** OPTIONAL AWARD-WINNING HEALTH-CLUB & JR. OLYMPIC OUTDOOR HEATED POOL & SPA OFF-SITE-only 5 minute drive from us available for reasonable weekly fee paid directly to club (only about $60 for week family membership access with 1 free trial day & free Red-Cross certified childcare white you work out.
****ABOUT BLUE STARFISH BEACH RESORT...
Our charming Manasota Key resort, Blue Starfish, offers lazy leisure time along with adventurous fun, plus modernized villas created by our ultra- talented interior designer. Blue Starfish's blend of elegance and casual playfulness is owed to its harmonious approach to accommodations. The result is an authenticity that the typical modern resort simply cannot create. Your stay at Blue Starfish Resort will leave you with the sense that you've
rediscovered your beloved childhood beach vacations, but with all the modern conveniences we can't live without. Whether you stay in a beautifully decorated two bedroom villa or our darling studio, Blue Starfish's horseshoe configuration provides plenty of privacy. Blue Starfish's neighboring beach cottage options include: One 3 bedroom/1 bathroom; three 2 bedroom/1 bathroom cottages; one 2 bedroom/2 bath cottage; & one 1 cute open-concept beach studio with 1 bathroom & kitchenette. Community amenities on site: outdoor conversation seating; self-serve Tiki Bar set; 2 charcoal grills; outdoor bistro sets; laundry room. New outdoor Ping-Pong area; 2 kayaks & 1 canoe now available for our guests to enjoy. (adult-size life jackets provided - please bring kid sizes as they need to fit well if they plan to use watercraft) We just added all new cookware, new bake set, new place settings, new stainless steel range, new stainless steel refrigerator/freezer. Quiet, respectful low-key vacationers only as this is a nice upscale residential beach community. Popular day trips include Venice Island, Sarasota, Siesta Key, Sanibel, Naples, Orlando's Disney/Seaworld/Universal Studios; Legoland, Busch Gardens Tampa; Miami; Key West Express boat trips from Fort Myers down to Keys.
* ABOUT MANASOTA KEY
Manasota Key, Florida, is a charming beach town in southwest Florida, just 25 miles south of Sarasota along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. A paradise for vacationers, you will fall in love with the beaches, and the laid-back attitude of the natives! Our vacation rental cottages on Manasota Key are all fully furnished, with free wireless Internet, all linens and towels, a washer and dryer in shared laundry room new Samsung high definition LED television, and a fully equipped kitchen.Beautifully furnished and perfectly maintained, they offer more than the comforts of home & are much more private than condos. You'll find your dream beach escape here at a reasonable rate. Manasota Key is known for its white sand beaches, scattered with shells and sharks' teeth, as well as its lovely sunsets and charming tropical beach restaurants with live music most days. The old, palm tree-filled streets evoke a simpler, less hectic time, and this attitude is reflected in the friendly locals, too. You'll love exploring our breath-taking beaches.
From wandering the seclude shores of the magical Stump Pass Beach State Park near us to dining at Flounders Beach Restaurant, you will love simply hanging out on the Key. We have many happy repeat guests and we want you to be one of them!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
Our fondest memories from childhood are of spending time with devoted grandparents & cousins on sun-filled, fun-filled Florida beach vacations. Ironically, my husband & I first met each other on a Florida vacation after college to visit relatives. Needless to say Florida vacations are close to my heart and I fortunately was able to turn them into a small business I'm absolutely passionate about. My husband spent his boyhood vacation visiting Manasota Key's stunning beaches. His fun beach memories prompted our years-long search for the perfect place to call our own on beloved Manasota Key.
Why Amy chose Englewood
Location, location, LOCATION! Villa Margarita delights guests with all new furnishings throughout done by our very talented interior designer & numerous FREE amenities- Just steps to our Gorgeous Gulf of Mexico Beach!! We are extremely lucky to have one of the best locations on Manasota Key! My husband and I searched forever for the perfect spot on the keys & we found it. It was worth the wait. Just steps to both our gorgeous beach which never gets crowded & one of the best places of earth to find the pre-historic sharks teeth the area is famous for! (our kids have collected tons of sharks teeth - which make the ultimate free souvenirs!!) 1 minute walk the opposite way to picturesque Lemon Bay on either end of our tiny, pretty island street. We are also beyond fortunate to be in the same neighborhood as the highest ranked local attraction - the nature wonderland of Stump Pass State Beach Park. Stump Pass offers acres of secluded shoreline & hiking trails plus fantastic fishing on the end. (it is just a quick 5 minute stroll to our left - or your can enjoy free use our kayaks or canoe to explore Stump Pass shoreline & tranquil Lemon Bay. We also love that we can walk just 8 minutes down our beach to the right to get to the popular free yoga classes on the beach, playground, basketball courts, souvenir shop, numerous watersports rentals (jet skis, SUPs, parasailing, boats, tours, etc), & to the Key's 3 most popular restaurants with live tropical music & delicious seafood on their patios. A family-favorite, Flounder's has fun beach games in the sand to entertain kids of all ages (even teens!) while parents dine & listen to live music is close view of the kids.
What makes this House unique
Villa Margarita is our closest cottage to our awesome beach! We fell in love with the perfect location of blue starfish & the relaxed island charm of these adorable beach cottages. Our talented interior designer worked her magic on each blue starfish beach cottage adding all new coastal furnishings & modern conveniences while preserving the nostalgic cottage vibe of yesteryear. * * Attractive brand new heated, courtyard swimming pool with massage therapy jets & glass-tiled waterfall in common patio area - enjoy! Granite counters, new stainless steel appliances, new cabinets & well equipped kitchen make preparing casual meals a snap. Or enjoy lots of walkable dining options if you don't like to cook. Some of our guests like to catch their dinner in the Bay or Stump Pass, then use our 4 grills to enjoy alfresco patio dining out back. If you love dolphins like our family does, this is your place We see them frequently jumping in our waves & even coming up right next to the kayaks - an amazing experience. Also plentiful are the pre-historic shark's teeth the area is famous for. Our beach is one of the best places to find these thousands-of-years old gems which make fantastic souvenirs. Our kids love to hunt for them & so do we - it is quite addicting! We treat our guests like family & offer exceptional value with loads of free amenities from all premium channels included free on our new Samsung flatscreen TVs to an extensive array of popular beach gear. We are proud to say many of our guests are repeats - returning annually 'to their blue starfish home by the shore' for another dose of island charm. Enjoy!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Nice and comfortable bed!
Great place to stay , real clean and nice and quiet
Updated and clean. This place met all our needs including a quick walk to the beach and a pool! We definitely would go back!
That's great Julia! Glad you found Casa Margarita to be updated, clean and to meet all of your vacation needs! Come back and visit again any time. Thanks for being fantastic guests. Best, amy & team
Was clean, very comfortable bed and sheets. Close to the beach.
It may have been a little overpriced per night for the amount of space and the washer/dryer is in a separate building shared with other renters. I would say that was the only down side.
Amy was very helpful. WiFi wasn’t connecting the first day and she had Comcast out there right away. The bottle of wine when we arrived was a nice touch.
It was nice that the beach chairs and beach toys were available. Very quiet at night so we slept well.
Hi Beena - Happy to hear you found the cottage to be clean with very comfortable beds & high quality sheets. Consider Trying a little bit off peak weeks for much better rates. We do offer a laundry room with two new full size washer & dryers - front loading Samsungs. We didn't want to take up valuable cottage space with these large bulky new appliances. Best regards, amy
LOVE Villa Margarita -favorite vacation! 5 Stars
Thank you Blue Starfish Team for another amazing family vacation! This is our third year returning to Villa Margarita and we are still madly in love with this vacation gem! It's not fancy or large by any means but this appealing beach villa is super charming and holds a special place in my family's heart. We can truly escape from the hectic pace of today's world. Villa Margarita reminds me of Old Florida's relaxed vibe mixed with an updated décor and all modern amenities with attractive décor, meticulously clean, new furnishings, and super friendly caring hospitality staff. We didn't notice any of the nit-picky items a previous guest mentioned - some people just have unrealistic expectations. Come on, this is a totally cute, relaxed Very Clean beach cottage so close to an amazing beach - it is not the Ritz - lol. Neighborhood is low-key quiet & friendly. If we ever have questions or improvement ideas we just ask Elena or Amy or anyone else on their team - each year we notice more new interior and exterior enhancements. It is stocked better than anywhere else we have stayed. We simply love it here and can't wait to return! Alexandra & Family
Hi Alexandra, Thanks for being fantastic guests! I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to our team. They will really appreciate it. Amy
Great location, great set up of group of private houses close to the beach.
Wonderful home, accommodating and super friendly owner, perfect for all our needs.
Thanks so much Nora! Delighted to hear you really liked Villa Margarita & found it perfect for your needs. Villa Margarita is our closest place to the beach & I love this location too. Best regards, amy
Decorated nicely and good location.
This is a tough property to review. It is decorated nicely and you can't beat the location. Unfortunately, when we walked in the moldy/mildewy smell was over whelming. We tried to air it out, but the first night was just too much. I contacted Amy right away and while she responded quickly she made me feel as though my smell sensor was confused. Believe me, I know the difference between mold smell and faux fruit air freshener smell. To her defense she sent the most spectacular cleaning crew the next day. They quickly acknowledged the smell was real. They did their best to clean, but I think the problem is underlying in a poorly remolded cottage. The floors are not leveled to the point you feel like you're on a ship and you feel unbalanced. Note that the shower is also like being on a ship...No room, shortage of hot water and if your taller that 5'9 be ready to squat throughout your shower...Good thing there's a shortage of hot water! The pool spa is great unless you have a group of women who liked to smoke and take all the cushions off the chairs to lay around the space. I think the owners have done their best to make it a nice place, but baid aids eventually fall off. Great location a restaurants are solid and cleaning crew are phenomenal!
Hi Amy, Glad to hear you liked our beach location and appreciated the decorating of our talented interior designer Dina and our very hard-working housekeeping staff led by our beloved Elena. Elena & her crew said they did not notice any smell after inspecting all areas but still were happy to offer you a second free very thorough cleaning during your stay.
- They believed you were finally satisfied as none of us heard any other concerns or they would have been rapidly addressed.
- After reading this feedback left post-stay, we had a licensed plumber thoroughly inspect the property & he replaced a bathroom valve which had a drip & updated an AC unit to be extra cautious. He very carefully checked every inch of the cottage & feels it is in quite good shape. Hot water was tested and is working fine. UPDATE - plumber added a much higher shower head for the benefit of tall guests. The shower was recently updated with upscale new tile and an attractive modern glass door.
- No smoking is allowed inside or anywhere on property grounds outside - wish that would have been reported anonymously as it could have been taken care of immediately as providing a healthy environment is a top priority. Our team will be closely watching out for this and we will add some more signage outside areas to prevent this.
- This is obviously a charming, updated small beach villa with modern amenities - granite countertops, new stainless steel appliances, new furnishings and cute cottage-size bedrooms and bathrooms. the cottage floors are a bit quirky but are new. If you need more space, I suggest trying our neighboring three bedroom options or going with our much larger vacation house options in the neighboring town of venice - a bit further from the beach but great if you need bigger bedrooms & bathrooms.
-We have numerous happy repeat guests at villa margarita but we fully know you can't
please everyone unfortunately no matter how hard you try. Sorry it didn't live up to your very highest expectations.
sincerely amy & the blue starfish team
PRIME LOCATION ON THE KEY! We are extremely lucky to have one of the best locations on Manasota Key! We searched forever for the perfect spot on the keys & we found it. It was worth the wait. Just steps to both our gorgeous beach which never gets crowded & 1 minute walk the opposite way to picturesque Lemon Bay on either end of our tiny, pretty island street. We are also beyond fortunate to be in the same neighborhood as the highest ranked local attraction - the nature wonderland of Stump Pass State Beach Park. Stump Pass offers acres of secluded shoreline & hiking trails plus fantastic fishing on the end. (it is just a quick 5 minute stroll to our left - or your can enjoy free use our kayaks or canoe to explore Stump Pass shoreline & tranquil Lemon Bay. We also love that we can walk just 8 minutes down our beach to the right to get to the popular free yoga classes on the beach, playground, basketball courts, souvenir shop, numerous watersports rentals (jet skis, SUPs, parasailing, boats, tours, etc), & to the Key's 3 most popular restaurants with live tropical music & delicious seafood on their patios. A family-favorite, Flounder's has fun beach games in the sand to entertain kids of all ages (even teens!) while parents dine & listen to live music is close view of the kids.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Good news! we now have flexible arrival & departure days. 2 night minimum stay. credit cards accepted. Reservations are non-refundable-best to get travel insurance for peace of mind. no smoking inside or out. no pets. no student groups. Low-key respectful guests only as this is a nice quiet beach community & you will sleep well. We are proud to say we have many happy repeat guests