Russian River Destination Vacation Home and Organic Farm
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Parties/events allowed - Use "Ask Owner a Question", don't Request to BookUse "Ask Owner a Question", don't Request to Book
Max guests: 15 (sleeps up to 12 adults) - For over 10 guests, use "Ask Owner a Question"For over 10 guests, use "Ask Owner a Question"
- Loud outdoor noise ends 8:30pm, all outdoor noise ends 10pm
Cleaned with disinfectant
Enhanced cleaning practices
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Lovely setting for gathering of friends
Beautifully designed house in spotless condition, very well set up for multiple families to share.
Fabulous home and setting
Our extended family recently came together to celebrate and the home and farm were the perfect place. There was so much room in the house to gather, the rooms and bathrooms were great and the house was very clean. We loved the property both inside and outside.
We were thrilled with our meals cooked to order by Jorge and Carmina. Everything was delicious and it was great to eat some of the farm produce. We would love to stay here again for our next adventure. Thank you for providing such an amazing home away from home.
Fantastic House. Fantastic Host. Fantastic Setting.
We celebrated my partner's 50th birthday party at Sabor Mexicano in Guerneville and it was simply fantastic. The house was more than big enough for several families to stay, the rooms were comfortable and beautifully appointed, and the kitchen and the grill were perfect to allow us to prepare and serve food for two dozen guests for an afternoon get together. There was an added event fee for a big group gathering, but it was completely worth it.
We also enjoyed a gorgeous hike in the nearby redwoods — completely within walking distance. And the property provides great privacy.
I can't thank Carmina enough for being so accommodating and so clear and prompt in her communications. Would love to plan another trip there in the future.
Stunning setting, beautiful house.
We stayed at Sabor Mexicano for 3 nights in December 2018 with a group of 10 adults and 5 kids. Every aspect of the rental was fantastic. The house itself is gorgeous, clean, and well-maintained. The living room has a huge fireplace which we kept going the entire time. The grounds are spectacular, with plenty of room for the kids to run around and explore. The location couldn't be better. It is a 5 minute walk to an incredible forest of giant redwoods. If you go early in the morning, it is totally empty. The town is close by and has some decent restaurants and grocery store. Many wineries are also close, and it's an easy 30 minute drive to the coast. The hosts were helpful and responsive. We also had them cater a dinner for us, which was delicious and we would highly recommend. We would definitely stay here again.
Every detail made our stay super special!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!
RECREATION ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA: Sabor Mexicano Vacation Retreat, Event Center and Organic Farm is the perfect place to have an unforgettable adventure! Besides being a picturesque retreat, the farm is close to many classic Californian attractions and a plethora of exciting recreation activities, including:
* Armstrong Redwoods Park, only minutes away -- take a deep breath and enjoy the unique energy of the towering Redwoods
* The Russian River - two miles away
* Jenner By The Sea - the dramatic spot where the river meets the ocean
* Award-winning restaurants, sustainable wineries, creameries, bakeries, breweries & farmers' markets
* Antique shops, art galleries, dancing, live music & theater
* Canoeing, kayaking, rafting, tubing, paddle boating & boarding
* Ocean boating, fishing, surfing & kite boarding
* Rock climbing, zip lines, sky bridges, ballooning & skydiving
* Hiking, biking, mountain biking, ice skating & horseback riding
* Swimming, basketball, tennis, golf, skate park, horseshoes, shuffleboard & miniature golf
* Zen meditation, yoga, massage & spas
* Parks, gardens, scenic drives & historic Fort Ross
* Whale watching, beachcombing, birdwatching, wildflower viewing, photography and more!
AVAILABLE TOURS: To help you discover the rich surrounding area and enjoy your trip even more, consider booking a tour through Bay Area Green Tours, the non-profit organization which facilitates Sabor Mexicano bookings. Their entertaining and educational offerings include:
* Organic Farms
* Artisan Cheese
* Wine & Cheese
* River, Ocean & Redwoods
* Nature Walk with a Renowned Local Naturalist
* Fibershed: Local Artisan Fibers & Dyes
* and more -- please inquire for details!
- english, spanish
About Jorge Saldana
Sabor Mexicano Farm, Retreat and Event Center is a family owned operation. The proprietor, Jorge Saldana, is a 3rd generation farmer who leads with his heart in managing this very special destination. The interior has been decorated by his wife Carmina, a natural host and wonderful designer. Together, they have created an authentic and unique vacation home. Their farm, as well as their specialty Sabor Mexicano Salsa and Homemade Chips business and three popular restaurants, center around their philosophy that good health contributes to the greater good of the environment. All their produce is grown organically, some from heritage seeds that have been handed down to Jorge by his family in Mexico. Nothing goes to waste; for example, alfalfa is grown to feed the goats, horses and chickens. The farm is irrigated by a natural spring that flows through the property. The produce grown in the fields supplies Sabor Mexicano chips and salsas (freshly made onsite at a state-of-the-art commercial kitchen), as well as Jorge’s thriving restaurants: Cancun in Berkeley and Tlaloc in San Francisco. Please note: when you send an email to the owner, it will be responded to by the Property Manager, Batya Gelfand, vs. by the owner, Jorge.