- english, french, italian
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Apartment is as photographed. The location is excellent. Handicapped would have difficulty with walking the steep hill and sometimes taxis cannot drive up. We called it “heartbreak hill”. Everything was okay but there was no air conditioning for two nights and on the third night it only worked downstairs. It was hot. Owner sent over fans and said open windows but we were hot nevertheless. (He will say it was fixed but it was not.) Internet was also out - owner said it was supplier. I gave four stars because the space was fine and location was good. There was one towel per person and the pillows were flat. We did just fine.
Dear Doroty, good morning. I answer point by point to your observations, not always RIGHT!
1) In the sites where I advertise this apartment, it is clearly excluded the use to people with disabilities!
2) The climb! This place is an important part of the Historic Center of Rome! And in this case it is one of the Seven Hills of Rome (it is necessary to know a little about the history of Rome)! This is the Colle del Gianicolo where thousands of tourists look out to see the great spectacle of Rome from above! Don't want the climb? Just one hundred meters (yards), then stay in the suburbs where in the morning to get to see the beautiful Rome, the interesting one to see, it also takes an hour of BUS!
3) the taxi must arrive where the customer wants! It is enough to insist! Why do you also mention this inconvenience which is certainly not attributable to me?
4) Air Conditioning. There is a latest-generation Daikin hydronic system and scheduled maintenance is done, but like all machines, they can fail. In two days it has been solved!
5) At the check-in, as soon as you left Doroty, I did check the temperature of the chronothermostat positioned in the center of the house: it marked 23.5 degrees Celsius = 74 degrees fahrenheit! Outside there were 36 degrees Celsius = 96.80 degrees fahrenheit! Do you need to make other comments?
6) Absent Internet. It is supplied by the large telephone company Telecom Italia. I immediately activated to protest! I can not do anything else! I am not a telephone company. After a few days the problem was solved.
What can I say? Dear Doroty I am sorry that all these inconveniences have happened to you all! But all this does not depend on my will .... can we say that you have been unlucky?
I have about 60 reviews, almost all 5-star positive! There must be a reason?
Anyway thanks and see you soon!
An apartment in the heart of Rome means leaving the house in the morning and being able to see many essential and important tourist spots on foot!
The owner Rodolfo
Perfect perch in Rome
We had a lovely 3-day stay. The apartment was super comfortable, clean, and located close to Vatican City and Trastevere.
Thanks Abby. Synthetic but very efficient. In a few words you described some of the qualities of this house. So I can say that for you, as for many other customers, this house has been your home, away from your real home!
It is comfortable because there is everything in this house! Two comfortable bedrooms and two bathrooms with shower. Living room with table, sofa and super-equipped open kitchen, also with dishwasher. Laundry with washer and dryer.
Air conditioning (independent heating), fast WiFi Internet.
Apartment completely renovated in 2011.
The owner Rodolfo Todini, thanks.
We enjoyed everything about this property. This was my first time in Rome, and I was thoroughly thrilled with our stay.
Thanks Michele. Very synthetic but efficient review. We do a lot to please our guests and we often succeed. Very central apartment located in the real historic center of Rome. Two examples: 5 minutes walk to the Vatican and 10 minutes walk to Piazza Navona! Without having to get on the Buses you can already visit many interesting points of Rome on foot!
Apartment completely renovated in 2011.
Bright, panoramic. Two bedrooms with two bathrooms with shower, super-equipped kitchen, living room with sofa, table, SAT TV.
Laundry with washer and dryer (!).
Independent heating, air conditioning in all rooms, fast Internet WiFi grateful.
Personalized check-in! Our check-ins are long because customers always have lots of questions to ask and we respond with cordiality!
The owner Rodolfo thanks
3 days in Rome
The location was good for getting to the sights in Rome. However, the apartment is on a steep hill and challenging after a day of sightseeing. Interior needs freshening up.
Dear David, this apartment is located in the historic center of Rome and Rome is as beautiful as it is and you can't even change it! The advantages of living in the historic center are: walk to the Vatican in 4 minutes, or in 10 minutes to Piazza Navona and I could still continue. If you prefer not to walk for 100 meters (yards) you had to book a house in the suburbs. But in the morning to get to see the interesting points of Rome you had to get on a bus and travel for an hour! Then the same evening, get on a bus and after an hour you're home. In this apartment you have arrived home in just a few minutes: you rest, you cook in the super-equipped kitchen, you refresh yourself with a state-of-the-art daikin air conditioning system and you are at peace with the world!
By the way, what does the interior need to be refreshed? The house was completely renovated in 2011 and is completely in place.
The proprietor Rodolfo
Lovely apartment but walking a little hard if you have mobility problems
We booked this modern very comfortable apartment that was described as being in the Trastevere area since we had stayed in that area before. We loved the apartment, the beds were comfortable and communication was excellent. Even the air conditioning - we appreciated that a technical issue was fixed right away since the heat can be very difficult for my partner who has some medical issues. Amenities were sparse and shopping options close by were few and far between. Access to the apartment is a little tricky since most taxis refuse to go up the one way steep street and prefer to let us off on the road below. This meant climbing about 24 steps and then walking half-way up the steep cobbled road. An alternative is to be let off at the emergency entrance to the Children's Hospital that is at the top of the road and walk half-way down. Walking to our favourite restaurants in the Trastevere took about 30 minutes that was a bit farther than we had hoped for; however, this apartment is really close to the Vatican and St. Peter's so excellent location for that. Overall we would definitely stay here again if only the location was a bit closer to grocery shops and not so much uphill climbing only because my partner finds that very challenging.
ENGLISH - FRENCH
Dear Kathryn, thank you for your review. I would still like to specify how much you didn't want to say:
1) I get on a taxi and pretend that the taxi stops right in front of the door of the house! There is no contrary excuse!
2) Is the historic center of Rome located in an old area of Rome? No, the historic center of Rome is located in an ANCIENT ZONE OF ROME. It involves a great advantage of being ALREADY on foot in the most interesting points of ROME! And we must therefore accept some minor inconveniences! Don't you want any discomfort? Then look for an apartment in a modern area of the city, with all the comforts .... but far from interesting things to see! 40/50 minutes in the morning on crowded buses and 40/50 minutes in the evening to go home! It's acceptable?
3) from this house to get to the best restaurants in the historic center (and not Trastevere) it takes 10 minutes on foot: just ask ....
For the next time. Thanks anyway Kathryn.
The owner Rodolfo thanks.
Chère Catherine, merci pour ton commentaire. J'aimerais quand même préciser à quel point vous ne vouliez pas dire:
1) Je monte dans un taxi et fais comme si le taxi s'arrêtait juste devant la porte de la maison! Il n'y a pas d'excuse contraire!
2) Le centre historique de Rome est-il situé dans un quartier ancien de Rome? Non, le centre historique de Rome est situé dans une ancienne zone de Rome. Cela implique un grand avantage d'être déjà à pied dans les points les plus intéressants de ROME! Et nous devons donc accepter quelques inconvénients mineurs! Tu ne veux pas de gêne? Ensuite, cherchez un appartement dans un quartier moderne de la ville, avec tout le confort ... mais loin des choses intéressantes à voir! 40/50 minutes le matin dans les bus bondés et 40/50 minutes le soir pour rentrer à la maison! Est-ce acceptable?
3) depuis cette maison pour accéder aux meilleurs restaurants du centre historique (et non de Trastevere), il faut 10 minutes à pied: il suffit de demander ....
Pour la prochaine fois. Merci quand même Kathryn.
Le propriétaire Rodolfo merci.
Charming apartment with nice amentities. Washer and dryer were a huge help since we had planned an extended trip and wanted to minimize what we brought with us. Owner very responsive. A bit of a language barrier but we were able to communicate effectively to get to end results.
Thank's Maria. We know that this apartment is a jewel. Completely renovated in 2011.
- Panoramic apartment, very bright, quiet, quiet and central!
- Living room with super-equipped kitchen:
- stove, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, freezer
- Dining table with 4/6 chairs
- Sofa, armchair, pouf
- Laundry: washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board, etc.
- Two bedrooms: 4 beds
- First bedroom: choice of a double bed or 2 single beds: large windows with a fantastic view: Castel Sant’Angelo
- Second bedroom: choice of double bed or 2 single beds
- First bathroom: complete with sink, WC / bidet, shower
- Second bathroom: complete with sink, toilet / bidet, shower
- Independent heating in every room
- Air conditioning in every room
- fast Internet, wired and Wi-Fi; printer, scanner.
- satellite TV
The owner Rodolfo, thanks
The apartment is very close to Climb Sant'Onofrio Vatican City (St. Peter's). Then access is permitted by both public or taxi.
This apartment is located in the center of the city of Rome. So a few meters you can find restaurants, pizzerias, bars, pab, shops, pharmacies, banks, etc.. Upon check-in you will find an interpreter who can answer all your questions! In one photo you can see the great plan of the city center of Rome. All of our customers have left the tickets with reviews of places, restaurants, pizzerias where they found a warm welcome and good food.