This Martindale home sits less than 15 minutes from San Marcos and 45 minutes to Austin, ensuring plenty of fun activities for your 4-person crew. Sitting steps from the San Marcos river, spend hot Texas days cooling off while tubing - or opt to stay on land and explore historic downtown San Marcos or funky Austin! This charming vacation rental features 2 bedrooms, 2 en-suite bathrooms, and an extensive deck.
*NOTE: The homeowner lives on-site in a separate unit & may be present during your stay*
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
This ideal Texas retreat perfectly meshes rustic and homey with its riverfront, wooded location and 1,500-square-feet of comfortable living space. Retreat inside to escape the Texan heat and lounge in the refreshing air conditioning. Turn on the flat-screen TV and unwind with a movie or sports game.
Easy and enjoyable meal preparation is guaranteed with this fully equipped kitchen. Two can sit at the breakfast bar over snacks while the chef elects work on whipping up a delicious homemade dinner. Host a family feast at the elegant dining table centered between the living area and kitchen!
Spend tranquil evenings savoring quality time with your loved ones on the deck. One side of the deck faces the river, while the other boasts lovely forest views. Plenty of comfy seating options can accommodate the 4 of you - kick back, relax, and sip a nightcap while making plans for the next day!
When nighttime falls, you'll be more than content with either highly-appointed bedroom. Each room features fresh linens and en-suite bathrooms; guests of the first bedroom will enjoy a plush king bed, and those who stay in the second room will love having private access to the deck.
-- THE LOCATION --
With the San Marcos river a stone's throw away, you'll definitely want to spend a day or 2 on the water! Head over to Spencer Canoes less than 1 mile away to check out tube, raft, canoe, and kayak rentals. If you're traveling the second Saturday in June, this vacation rental is a perfect home base for the Texas River Safari. The first port of the race happens to be right behind the house at the Martindale Dam, built by the owner’s grandfather, A. H. Smith - the same person who built the 'World ‘s Largest Cotton Gin' next door!
Drive about 15 minutes to San Marcos and look forward to an easy-going afternoon exploring the historic downtown or cheering on the Texas State University Bobcats. San Marcos Lions Club Tube Rental is another great spot for water craft rentals!
Take a day trip to Austin and explore its many lakes, parks, and fantastic live music scene. Only 45 minutes away, you can easily drive up for daytime outdoor activities and a night on the town!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, driveway parking for 2 vehicles/RVs or trailers, 2 covered decks with outdoor seating, flat-screen TV, en-suite bathrooms, book collection, air conditioning, ceiling fans, central heating, in-unit laundry machines, towels & linens provided, gas grill, and more
- Ideal Martindale location right on the San Marcos river! About 7 miles to San Marcos, 35 miles to Austin, & 56 miles to San Antonio
- Nearest Major Airport: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (~36 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- NOTE: The homeowner lives on-site in a separate unit and may be present during your stay
- NOTE: Children are acceptable at this property only if they are highly supervised
- NOTE: This property sleeps 4 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 5 with an additional sleeping arrangement on the living room couch
- NOTE: This property is handicap accessible. Both bedrooms are on the ground floor, there is a ramp for entry into the house, and wheelchairs fit through all doorways
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in