This superb six bedroom (12 person) lodge rests on the banks of Loch Katrine in the heart of Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Boasting superb loch views, the property is situated on the pier of Stronachlachar, from where the Sir Walter Scott Steamship departs on daily trips around the loch. There is also a cafe located on the pier which serves excellent food and drink (licensed) and rents out boats for fishing.
The area is a popular destination with walkers and cyclists, with permit fishing available for anglers. The nearby village of Aberfoyle offers a wide selection of pubs, restaurants and shops, with many golf courses available throughout the region. Loch Lomond is easily accessible by car, offering loch side cruises, a spa hotel, championship golf courses, an aquarium and selection of water sports. miles. The cities of Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling are all accessible by car.
The Lodge comprises 1 x Super-king Bedroom, 2 x King-size Bedroom, 1 x Double Bedroom & 2 x Twin Bedrooms. It can accommodate 12 adults, plus infant (cot provided).
Ground Floor: Living room with wood burning stove, wooden floor & views over the loch. Spacious kitchen/dining room with wood burning stove and gas range (for cooking). Games room with slate bed pool/snooker tables, books & games. Separate toilet.
First floor: Double bedroom with Super-king bed. Double bedroom with King size bed. Twin bedroom with 2 x single beds. Bathroom with separate shower cubicle and toilet. Shower room and toilet.
Second floor: Double bedroom with King Size Bed, balcony and views over Loch Katrine. Double bedroom with Double bed & ensuite shower room. Twin bedroom with 2 x single beds. Shower room with toilet.
Outside (Upper Garden) - is located adjacent to the house. Whilst the area is mainly laid to grass, there is a BBQ area next to the kitchen. This area has wooden benches and a charcoal BBQ which can burn several different types of fuel, allowing you to cook on charcoal for eating and then move onto logs or firewood for when you want to sit around the fireplace and keep warm.
Outside (Lower Garden) - The lower garden fronts onto Loch Katrine and is next to Stronachlachar Pier. There are two patio areas with wooden benches and a large flat lawn area. There is also small forest area for exploring.
Things to do:
- 30 Seconds Away: The Pier Café. The home of great coffees and food...and some of the most spectacular views in Scotland is located at the bottom of the garden of Stronochlachar Lodge.
- 30 Seconds Away: Steamship Sir Walter Scott. Your stay at Stronachlachar Lodge will not be complete without a sail on the steamship the “Sir Walter Scott” or the “Lady of the Lake”. This is the perfect way to experience the beauty of Loch Katrine.
- 30 Seconds Away: Cycling Loch Katrine (from Stronachlachar or Trossachs Pier. It’s easy to hire a cycle for an hour or longer - or take your bike on board ‘Sir Walter Scott’ or ‘Lady of the Lake’ for the morning sail up to Stronachlachar then cycle back on the road along the scenic shores of Loch Katrine. With bikes for adults and kids it’s the perfect family day out - or you can even hire a tandem or electric!
- 30 Seconds Away: Walk Around Loch Katrine. There is a lovely walk along picturesque Loch Katrine that leaves from Stronachlachar Pier ....and can be combined with the steamer sailing from Trossachs Pier.
- 10 Minutes Away: Loch Ard Sculpture Trail. The Loch Ard family Sculpture trail consists fo 16 miles of routes for cyclists, walkers and horse riders. It runs through a wide variety of terrain and past many impressive sights, including Loch Ard itself, Loch Chon, Duchray Water and Kelty Water.
- 10 Minutes Away: Lochside Yoga. Based in the village of Kinlochard, Lochside Yoga offers regular yoga classes and activities for anyone interested in developing their yoga practice, or who just likes to get a good stretch and feel relaxed at the end of a yoga class or session.
- 10 Minutes Away: Go Country, Kinlochard. Go Country is one of the premier outdoor activities organisation in Scotland based in the idyllic Trossachs on the shores of Loch Ard. They offer a range of outdoor activities to suit all interests and ages. They provide a full range of activities including their unique waterpark with an iceberg, hamster wheel and trampoline. Other activities include quad biking, canoeing, mountain biking, orienteering, climbing / abseiling, cliff jumping, gorge walking, hillwalking, archery, white water rafting, horse riding, clay pigeon shooting and 4x4 off road driving.
- 10 Minutes Away: Forest Hills Hotel, Leisure Club & Spa, Kinlochard. The Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel and Spa is situated on the banks of Loch Ard. The spa provides you with an equal balance of luxury and tranquillity; with a staff of trained experts standing by to help you relax and unwind. They also have a range of fitness facilities including a gym and 18m heated pool.
- 30 Minutes Away: Go Ape, Killearn. Go Ape in Aberfoyle is located at the David Marshall Lodge Visitor Centre and is a great high wire experience suitable for adults and children alike. It boasts two the UK's longest zip wires, 30 Tree Top crossings, plus a high wire obstacle course. Go Ape is guaranteed to thrill and keep participants talking about it for days.
- 45 Minutes Away: Glengoyne Distillery, Killearn. For lovers of the finest Scotch Whisky, a visit to Glengoyne is a great experience! Dating back to 1833 Glengoyne is one of Scotland's oldest distilleries. The favourite tipple of the late Queen Mother, Glengoyne was given a hard to achieve Royal By Appointment seal of approval. Glengoyne Distillery has a great range of tours for visitors all year round.
- 60 Minutes Away: Loch Lomond Birds of Prey Centre. Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre: Home to 35 birds & over 25 species, meet & get close to Orla the Golden Eagle & Smudge the little Owl.
Facilities in Lodge • Wood Burning Stoves (Logs Provided) • Elecectricity, full gas CH, bed linen and towels included • Cot, H/chair • Freesat TV, DVD • CD • 6-ring gas range, Two m/waves • W/machine, T/dryer • D/washer • American f/freezer • Extensive enclosed garden with patio and furniture • Balcony • BBQ • Ample parking • Games room with 7ft x 4ft sleight bed pool table, board games, books and toys.