We would like to invite you to stay in our bright, spacious 4 BR / 2 BA farmhouse which was completely renovated in 2016. This home is surrounded by cherry, apple and peach orchards yet we are centrally located to so much of what Northern Michigan has to offer!
We are a 5 minute drive to the quaint village of Elk Rapids in one direction and the Turtle Creek Casino in the other. You will be in the center of Traverse City, one of the most beautiful towns in America as chosen by Conde Nast Traveler in 2018, or sipping wine at one of the many vineyards on the Old Mission Peninsula within 20 minutes. And the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, recognized by National Geographic as one of the 21 best beaches on Earth in 2017, is only 45 minutes away. For equestrian lovers, the months of July and August feature the Great Lakes Equestrian Festival. Our house is only 3.8 miles from Flintfields, making it a terrific choice whether competing or watching!
We want you to experience all the comforts of home so the farmhouse is very well stocked with everything from extra linens and toiletries to the completely equipped kitchen that has everything you will need to make a delicious meal. Cleanliness is paramount and we pride ourselves on offering a spotless vacation rental for you to enjoy.
Our outdoor spaces are amazing and will allow you to take advantage of the beautiful Northern Michigan seasons (with the exception of Winter of course!). Enjoy a glass of wine with friends and family on the deck as you watch the sun set, or make s'mores with the kids at the fire pit. The spacious front porch is a perfect location to enjoy a cup of coffee and plan the day's activities.
The Traverse City area has really exploded as a vacation destination within the past few years.
- The Traverse City Cherry Festival takes place at the end of June into July and is a week long event which features live music, a midway, various family-friendly events around town, fireworks and a wonderful airshow where you can catch a glimpse of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels or the Air Force Thunderbirds soaring over Grand Traverse Bay.
- The Traverse City Film Festival is held in August and features new releases, classic films, documentaries and independent productions.
- The Great Lakes Equestrian Festival takes place in July and August and is 6 weeks of exciting equestrian competition, featuring jumpers, hunters and equitation with riders from around the country competing for prestige and prize money.
- Athletes will love the "Iceman Cometh" bike race in November and the newly announced Ironman challenge in August.
- Those who really enjoy a great meal will be pleased to know that Bon Appetit has named Traverse City as one of the Top Five Foodie towns in the country. Local restaurants feature fresh farm-to-table fare which becomes more delicious when pared with a locally sourced wine, also featured prominently on most menus. Vineyards are red-hot in Traverse City as are micro-breweries. Enjoy the views (and the wine!) as you wander your way through the vineyards on the Old Mission and Leelanau Peninsulas.
- Mackinac Island is 2 hours plus a short ferry ride away. This lovely island is home to the Grand Hotel where Somewhere In Time was filmed. There are no motorized vehicles on the island, but plenty of horse-drawn carriages and guides to help you make the most of your day trip!
- If water sports are your thing you have come to the right place. The farmhouse is within 15 minutes of Torch Lake, which is quickly garnering attention as the Caribbean of the North. It is home to crystal clear turquoise waters, white sandbars, and raucous summer parties. The Whitewater Township Park is only 1 mile from the house and offers a public swimming area and boat launch into Elk Lake. You can then access the Chain of Lakes via boat and make a day of it on the water.
When you are done exploring, you can unwind in our home which features the following:
Central air conditioning.
Flatscreen TV in living room.
Flatscreen TV in the Master BR.
Stainless steel appliances in kitchen.
Full bath with tub/shower on main level.
Full bath with large tiled shower on upper level.
Mud/laundry room with a front load washer and dryer as well as a utility sink.
Memory foam mattresses with comfortable bedding (all sheets and towels provided).
Paver patio with fire pit (string lights around the fire pit for magical night-time get-togethers), Large front farmhouse porch. Large patio in back with table/chairs and sunset views.
Cable TV and Wifi.
Upstairs Master bedroom has a king bed and very large closet.
Upstairs South bedroom has a full bed and relaxing decor.
Upstairs East bedroom has a full and queen bed with lots of windows.
*All upstairs bedrooms share a bathroom
Downstairs bedroom has a queen bed and separate outside entrance to the back deck.
If we are able to accept your reservation request, we will send you a rental agreement along with your confirmation. This agreement cover liability, etc. The signed rental agreement must be received 2 weeks prior to checkin date.
We look forward to booking your vacation in our home! Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions! And please check out the links below!