Welcome! This 2 bedroom Cottage sits at the back of 1.25 acres, among Towering Elms & Cottonwoods, a Meadow & Seasonal Creek. A Fully-Equipped Kitchen is Open to the Dining area, Living Room & Sliding Glass Doors to the Deck or Lanai with a Grill.
Our other 2-bedroom newly renovated Casita - 889878-might be available if this is booked! Or a 1-Bedroom Log Cabin-#889880!
Listen to Cooing Doves during the day or Howling Coyotes at night. Watch Goldfinches, Sapsuckers, Flickers, Ravens, Summer tanagers, Bats, possibly a Cooper's Hawk or Owl, a variety of Hummingbirds, Lizards and even Javelina from your own Deck with an Arbor, Garden and Grapevines.
Pets are only allowed with OWNERS' PRE-APPROVAL. There is a Pet Addendum to read and sign. There is a Pet Fee on every pet. Please
The Javelina come through nearly nightly (around 10 or 11 currently) and we've seen raccoons and a coyote on our "critter cam"! We love the wildlife and hope you will too! Even the bugs are interesting...some look absolutely alien!
A layout of the Cottage and each room can be seen on a video at:
(Copy and paste)
(We also have an original 1-Bedroom Log Cabin from the 1940's on the Property that is now available. The VRBO number is 889890.)
Just a couple minutes' drive (~1.6 miles) from the hustle and bustle of downtown Prescott, you can enjoy the many activities at the Courthouse Square and Museums or go hiking at Thumb Butte, less than 2 miles away or Watson Lake. Prescott Hideaway is half a block away from the World's Oldest Rodeo and the Fairgrounds. Some hiking trails, called the Rodeo Trails, are behind the Fairgrounds buildings and another newly finished trail takes you downtown if you're feeling ambitious! When an event is going on at the Fairgrounds you can even hear the horses neighing & smell the hay! Calf-roping, barrel-racing, dog-herding competitions & shooting from horseback are often featured!
In the Cottage: Modern furnishings meet mid-century styles meet cowboy country cottage. Original artwork, antiques, vintage and quirky pieces blend beautifully with bamboo floors, tidy spaces, comfy furniture and luxurious bedding with high thread-count linens. In addition we just added air conditioning for a great night's sleep, though you may not need it with our cooler evenings!
The two bedrooms have a Serta Firm and a Beauty Rest "Recharge" Luxury Firm mattress, each with comfort pillowtops and your choice of allergen-free poly - filled, bamboo temper-pedic or ergonomically-contoured pillows. Blankets, quilts & comforters are cotton and cozy. The master has a ceiling fan or you can open the windows for some fresh air.
This 1948 house has just been updated to create an open floor plan. In the kitchen you can see over the island, through the dining room and living room, out the sliding glass doors, past the deck & meadow & out to the creek & beyond--great for socializing and entertaining! We also raised the ceiling & installed additional lighting. The kitchen is fully stocked with utensils, dishes, glasses, pots & pans. There are bamboo floors for easy cleanup and travertine countertops, along with a granite-topped bar. Two pantries are available with lots of room, one with a few cleaning supplies & the other with brochures about Prescott. A lazy Susan corner cabinet can hold your food or seasonings. We provide salt, pepper, coffee, teas, hot chocolate, sugar, cream, olive oil & coconut oil, plus a few other items.
Fry's (Kroger’s) grocery store, a pharmacy, gas station and a Starbuck's are just two blocks away. So is a wonderful bakery/eatery called The Rustic Pie Co. They serve homemade fruit, cream and pecan pies, along with chili, soups and homemade pot pies! Yum! Tell them Karen and Dave sent you. They're closed Sunday and Monday so get your goodies early!
The living room has a leather sofa & chair and a swivel rocker. Magazines & books on Prescott and Arizona are there for education and there are games, cards and puzzles available for entertainment. Or step out on the deck for birdwatching or stargazing! We also have a 40" flat screen TV with cable, WIFI and High-speed internet.
The Bathroom has a shower & a bathtub with a rainshower head and fluffy towels. Several shelves & storage closets are there for your sundries.
Prescott sits at a high elevation of 5,354 ft., giving us a mild climate & four seasons. We are often called the Mile-high Town so be sure to drink lots of water to adjust to the higher elevation. Prescott is surrounded by forests & the area offers five local lakes for fishing, hiking, cycling & kayaking. Prescott National Forest has 400 miles of groomed trails, biking trails & many equestrian trails. The Mile-High Trail System maps nearly 48 miles of trails around the city. Birding is also popular since we get migrations both north & south. Over 360 bird species have been confirmed in the area.
Prescott is also rich in western history, both cowboys and Native Americans. Several museums host events: Sharlot Hall, Smoki and Phippen. The downtown Courthouse Plaza is busy nearly every weekend with art and antique shows, concerts & wine tastings. Music, film screenings, theatre & various performing arts are offered at the Elks Opera House, the Yavapai College Performing Arts Center and the Prescott Center for the Arts. Whiskey Row & the surrounding area have saloons, gift shops, art galleries & restaurants documenting the lives of ancient pre-historic Indian tribes, townspeople, cowboys & characters such as Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday and Big-Nosed Kate.
Whether you're here for relaxation or to attend one of the many events we welcome you to the Prescott Hideaway. We're a new business and excited to hear about you, why you're visiting and how your visit goes! Please write on the tablet any suggestions of things we can do to make your visit next time even better. For public comments, we have a Guest Book and also you can give us one of our first reviews here on VRBO! Thanks again! Enjoy your stay!
Please be respectful of neighbors & wildlife so we can continue to grow our business. And remember you are next to the forests! There are critters around & some can be dangerous, like black widows spiders, mountain lions & javelina. In case you didn't know, Javelina look like hairy pigs but are actually in the peccary family & roam in herds. They have 1.5" tusks, poor eyesight but keen noses. They're pretty casual & timid, rooting in the dirt for grubs, but if they're startled, aggravated or protecting their youngsters they can attack. Watch from a distance and make noise so they know you're there. Do not scare or charge them or leave food, pets or children unattended. And keep the gates closed so they don't eat my garden!
Have fun on your visit and we hope to see you at the Prescott Hideaway!
RENTAL AGREEMENT, HOUSE RULES and POLICIES
Thank you for booking with us! This is our new primary business so we want to earn your 5-star review! Enjoy your stay, have fun and please read the Rental Agreement, House Rules and Policies below.
~The Prescott Hideaway
I/We (the Guest) agree to these terms:
• Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
• Additional fees & taxes may apply.
• 100% Refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date.
• Any damage incurred on the property will come out of the damage deposit.
Pets are only allowed with Owner’s permission, signed Pet Agreement and payment of Pet Fee. Evidence of pets will incur additional cleaning and/or damage fees from damage deposit. Guest assumes all responsibility for pet.
• Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs on the premises. By accepting the reservation all guests (or anyone they invite) are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises.
• Check-in is 4:00 PM. Check-out is 11:00 AM. Owners may be able to accommodate other times depending on bookings.
• Guest must notify Owners immediately upon check-in if anything is wrong or damaged.
• Property is furnished & includes: Television (in cottage), refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster oven, furniture, artwork, bed linens, towels, pots, pans, dishes, glasses & flatware.
• Guest agrees to keep the property & all furnishings in good order.
• People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight. Any person visiting on the property is the responsibility of the Guest.
• Guest agrees to no parties or events.
• Guest agrees to City Ordinance: Noise must be kept to a minimum from 10 PM to 8:00 AM.
• Guest must be at least 25 years old to book.
• Parking: Only 1-2 vehicles permitted. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only.
• No smoking is allowed inside or outside due to wildfires, allergies & second-hand smoke. Evidence of smoking will incur additional cleaning fees.
• The Cottage, Casita, Cabin are equipped with fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and a first aid kit.
• There is no daily housekeeping.
• Linens & Bath towels are included. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. No items shall be taken from the units. A blanket by the front door may be used outside.
• Guest may not flush anything other than toilet paper & waste down the toilet. If any feminine hygiene products, excessive toilet paper or anything else has been flushed and clog the system Guest may be charged for damages for repairs.
• Use appliances for their intended use.
• Pets are only permitted iwith prior approval. A Pet Addendum must be signed. A pet fee must be paid. Pet is not allowed on furniture. Pet waste must be put in trash. Additional cleaning fees may be imposed. Guest shall be solely responsible for pet while on property.
• Guest will not frighten, harass or engage the wildlife. Observe from a distance.
• Guest will empty garbage into large garbage & recycling bins (blue) .
Whew! That's Done! Have a Fabulous Stay