"This was an amazing weekend getaway. So peaceful, relaxing and memorable...Just what we needed and will be treasured forever. The cabin is small but was perfect for just the 2 of us. We couldn't have asked for anything better. It was secluded, but still a close drive to everything we needed. The hot tub and a glass of wine was the perfect closure to each evening. The description in the VRBO listing is spot on...But here is a few other things you might want to know.
1) Great water pressure. Bring hair dryer if needed
2) Washer/Dryer in unit, bring laundry soap if you will need it
3) If you are sensitive to smells or are used to city water, bring bottled or gallon water...the cabin has well water and it has a slight egg smell.
4) They have plenty of blankets, sheets, towels & hangers in closets.
5) Bring a robe and slippers or flip flops for when you get out of the hot tub
6) There is a coffee pot, and they had a small bag of coffee to use. However you need to bring your coffee extras (sugar, liquid creamer, flavors)
7) The cabin is immaculate...so neat and clean
8) No fireplace anymore & very small TV
9) You MUST eat at HIGH POINTE!! It was amazing...but be sure to call for reservations. Its not super fancy, people wore blue jeans and a nice shirt, but others were very dressy. The Ribeye was to die for!! Papa Rons was pretty good too and more casual. The Depot Cafe was ehhh ok. We weren't locals so we didnt get real good service. Had to ask for coffee refills and got an eye roll when I did.
10) The Grundy Day Trail Loop (2 miles) is a perfect trail for starters. It was easy to find and a really nice hike. Took us just about an hour to hike it and we stopped for pictures and to explore. There were a few steep and rocky climbs. Be sure to wear good sturdy shoes or boots. We cant wait to come back and do more.
11) Take a drive through the University of the South...beautiful campus & amazing architecture.
12) The Blue Chair Cafe...AMAZING!! Best Blueberry muffin ever! Fast service good food...Yummy breakfast biscuits and really inexpensive.
13) The Natural Bridge is just a short distant from the Blue Chair and campus. Easy to drive to. You can park and walk just a few steps down to it. Very COOL!
This weekend getaway was a wonderful, much needed break from the fast pace craziness of life. We'll treasure our weekend here and definitely plan on coming back...next time to stay longer. Thank you for offering such a perfect little place"
Guest: mindy b.
Date of Stay: October 2016
Review Submitted: October 24, 2016