VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We just spent the last weekend here, and we really enjoyed ourselves. There are a couple of things that I think people should know about the location and the amenities before making a decision about whether or not to rent here.
- Luther is extremely courteous, kind, and accommodating. When we arrived we were short on sheets and he had someone deliver them as soon as possible. I emailed him several times and he responded promptly with answers to questions and suggestions for a boat rental location.
- The house was one of the few that could host a group of our size. Almost everyone in our group got their own room (as couples) AND their own BATHROOM!!! Awesome!
- It's nicely situated 10 minutes from Hot Springs, which is a quaint little town with just enough to do on a long weekend. However, there's PLENTY to do if you don't want to leave the houses at all - there is a pool table (quite popular during our trip), some puzzles (though not all complete), a beautiful view (on FOUR different porches) and you're literally on the lake, so swimming is a must-do.
- Two houses = quiet house and party house! Need I say anything more?
- The steps to the lake are borderline dangerous. They are in disrepair and need a serious upgrade. Family members spotted some poison ivy on the way down as well, which could ruin a trip! Be cautious using the stairs until they make the repairs (there are quite a few of them as well, but it's good exercise!)
- The houses run quite cold, so bring a sweater!
- There is no common bathroom in the main cabin, so you'll have to use the one in someone's bedroom. There is a half bath in the other house.
- You can't bring pets, which is unfortunate for such dog-lovers as we have in our family. Understandable, but something to think about.
Overall, we were happy with our trip and the time spent with family."
Guest: JessicaDate of Stay: August 2014Review Submitted: August 13, 2014
"This house was top notch. We were really impressed with how clean the house was and how comfortable we felt. Melanie has really gone out of her way to ensure each guest is happy. I would definitely recommend this VRBO property and would visit more if I could! Well done!"
Guest: TimDate of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 27, 2015
"It was a great place. We enjoyed the pool. would definitely stay there again. DVD system did not work which was disappointing, but that was the way it was. There were some left overs in the refrigerator, but they were not spoiled (salad dressing, ice cream bars, etc.). It was a very comfortable place to stay. We had a great time!"
Guest: jjDate of Stay: August 2014Review Submitted: August 25, 2014
"We always stay at Rosemont B&B when we are in Little Rock. Our first choice is the Barkley cottage, where we have created many family memories over the past 14 years. The minute you enter the cottage, you feel as if you have lived there all your life. The decor is soothing and homey, the layout is convenient and spacious, it is always clean and cozy. I could say the same thing for all the rooms at the Inn, but we love the Barkley best because it can accomodate all our family members.
There is a formal living and dining room, a family sized kitchen, two large bedrooms and baths. The sheets are silky soft, the beds are comfy and the neighborhood is filled with beautiful old homes, so a walk is always pleasurable and safe. We also enjoy sitting in the fenced back yard, where we have shared many take-out dinners in the summer moonlight. Rosemont has all the modern conveniences, while still allowing the guests to step back in time to a slower, more genteel pace. A feeling of serenity envelopes the enitre property, as if you are visiting a beloved family member. There are times when we'd rather stay at the cottage than roam around Little Rock, curled up with a book or just talking with loved ones.
Susan, the gracious Innkeeper, is always fun to visit with and she goes out of her way to accomodate any special needs we may have with international flights, our pets or grandchildren. Her Southern breakfasts are fantastic---generous, delicious and everything is home made.
My husband says "The only thing wrong with the Barkley is when we have to leave.""
Guest: Catbird777Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 19, 2015