About the property
- House3200 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 nights
This is 2 homes (upstairs and down). Complete with 2 kitchens and 2 living rooms
Located just 15-20 minutes from downtown San Diego, local beaches, the San Diego Zoo/Balboa Park and just minutes to great shopping! Nestled in the private and secluded neighborhood of Mount Helix lies this beautifully remodeled Modern Farmhouse with spectacular views. Upstairs includes 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths with amazing front and rear patio and deck. Separate unit downstairs has it's own entrance and direct access to resort style pool and hot tub. Downstairs consist of separate kitchen, full bathroom and bedroom. These two separate residences on one property make for the perfect setting large group or family looking to get away and vacation together and still have ability to retreat to your own space. Resort style salt water pool includes raised hot tub/spa, swim up bar, baja shelf, swim in grotto and water features. This home is like staying in a private resort yet within striking distance to all major San Diego Attractions.
Master Bed/Bath: King Size Bed with 10 foot picture window and panoramic views. Large master bathroom includes his and her sinks and rain shower faucet. 46" Smart TV with Internet and wifi.
Bedroom 2: Queen Size Bed with French Doors opening to sacred patio space with massive boulders. 32" Flat Screen with Roku and wireless internet.
Bedroom 3: Full Size Bed with full trundle slide out mattress. 6 foot picture window with panoramic views. 32" Flat Screen TV with Roku and wireless internet.
Bathroom 2: Bath Tub and shower with a view.
Living Room: Recliner, comfortable couch and additional chairs with large picture windows, panoramic views, and patio door opening to spacious deck. 55' Smart TV with Roku and wireless internet. Decorative Fireplace.
Kitchen: Farmhouse dining table, double oven, Viking Cooktop, dishwasher, large refrigerator and French Door opening to additional outdoor dining and seating on large deck with panoramic views.
Bathroom 3: Half bath off kitchen with washer dryer and direct access to front patio.
Kitchen: Complete kitchen with dishwasher, 4 gas burner cooktop, oven, refrigerator and bar with 3 stools. Views of pool.
Living Room: Gas Fireplace with 48" Smart TV above. Split heat and a/c unit. Sofa Sleeper and two white leather chairs.
Kitchen Living and Bedroom all with great views and direct access to patio and pool area.
Bedroom: Queen Size Bed with 32" TV complete with Roku and wireless internet. Washer and Dryer in bedroom and has it's own closet.
POOL: Salt Water Pool With Elevated Hot Tub, Swim up bar, Baja Shelf, Grotto, Water Features and Fire Ring. Lots of decking with spaces to dine, lounge and sun bathe.
Panoramic views and one of the best year around climates in the world make this farmhouse in San Diego an exceptional place to visit.
*Downstairs unit has direct access to pool. We prefer water safe children only in downstairs unit.
*Entire pool area is fenced all the way around.
*Entire property (3/4 acre) entirely fenced
*Pool Heating additional charge inquire for rates.
*This is a family neighborhood please be respectful and keep noise levels down especially after 10pm. No big parties please, this is not that kind of house or neighborhood!
*Absolutely no glass in or around pool.
La Cruz House Rules
This is our family home, and we just ask that you care for it as you would your own and be respectful to our neighbors by keeping noise to a minimum. Below are the official House Rules, but we also want to ensure you have a great stay and enjoy the property as much as we do!
• Disclaimer: The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise and agree to abide by the House Rules.
• Arrival and Departure. Check-in time is 3:00pm and the check-out time is 11:00am. Cleaning and maintenance are pre-scheduled, so adhering to the check-out time is very important. Please depart at the agreed upon time to ensure the home can be cleaned properly for any next guest that may be arriving. A $50/hour fee may be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) for stays past 11:00am. Prior to check out, we kindly request that you leave the home in the same orderly fashion as when arrived in and follow the departure checklist posted in our Home Manual. Also, although intuitive, experience necessitates that we have to remind guests not to take linens, phone charging cords, shampoos / soaps, etc. home with you!
• Homeowner Access: Homeowners may need to enter the property during your stay to access the garage ( not part of rental, no access for guest ) , perform landscape or pool maintenance. Homeowners will provide guests with advanced notice. Should you ever have any questions or needs, we will be staying just down the street to assist you.
• Guest Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 12 persons (including adults and children), unless prior permission has been obtained. An additional fee of $25 per extra person, per night will be assessed. People other than those in the Guest party stated in reservation may not stay overnight in the property. And, please, no extra guests, events or parties without prior approval.
• Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. Please keep the property and all furnishings in good order. If our home is left in poor condition and additional cleaning is required, fees will be charged to Guests at a rate of $50 per hour. Linens and bath towels (2 per guest) are included but please bring beach and pool towels. We are happy to arrange a mid-stay cleaning for an additional fee.
• Parking: Parking is limited to 5 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. The garage is not included in your rental.
• Pool Safety: You are responsible for pool safety for you and your children and your guests/invitees. Guest acknowledges that the safety of yourself, your guests, children or pets depends on you. Owner is not responsible for injuries, sickness or death on property. No Glass in pool area. ONLY plastic and or paper. Please be aware the lower unit has direct access to pool and for the reason we DO NOT recommend that babies, toddlers or anyone who does not know how to swim stay in the lower unit. Also, portions of coping and areas around the pool deck are very slippery when wet. It is essential that absolutely NO glass be in or around at any time. NO DIVING!!!! Both ends of pool are shallow. Ledges on grotto end of pool and around hot tub are tempting to jump off but keep in mind that it is shallow and can lead to injury or death.
• Pool Heating: There is a pool heating fee if you elect to heat the pool. Spa heating is included but we ask that you please be respectful and only have it on when you are in it. Fees vary by season, as it is much more expensive to heat the pool during colder months. Please let us know in advance if you’d like heating as it can take up to 24 hours to heat up to 80+ degrees. Fees are subject to change. We ask you pay the pool heating fee separately by check or cash upon arrival.
Also, please don’t ever change the thermostat on the pool heater. Higher pool temperatures increase the evaporation of essential pool chemicals and can potentially create unsafe and/or unsanitary swimming conditions if proper chemical balance is not maintained. If you’d like the temperature adjusted, we’d be happy to work with you, but need to check water balance prior to any changes in temperature for your safety.
• November – March: A pool heating fee of $175 for the first day (the day you checkin), and $75 per day (or partial day) thereafter will be assessed.
• April – October: A pool heating fee of $125 for the first day (the day you check-in), and $50 per day (or partial day) thereafter will be assessed.
• Quiet Times: Please be very respectful of our neighbors. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors between 10:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m. Any loud parties, noise or nuisance complaints communicated to us by neighbors and validated by police may unfortunately result in your needing to vacate immediately or a fine.
• Smoking: Smoking is not allowed inside or anywhere on property premise due to fire hazards in a drought area. NO SMOKING in or around this home or property. Owner is also HIGHLY allergic.
• Air Conditioning / Heating: Guest agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 72 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be "Auto". Please close doors and windows shall when either heat or air conditioning is in operation. There are no refunds for lack of, or malfunctioning HVAC units.
• System(s), Furnishing, or Amenity Disruptions: In the event the property experiences a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, or other structural systems, furnishings or amenities, owners will make every reasonable effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment. If that happens, guest agrees to permit owner or its service provider to have reasonable access to the property to inspect and make such repairs. The property owner shall not be liable to Guest for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures.
• Water and Septic: The property is on a septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Please DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine produc
Casey and Rose Martin
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, Spanish spoken upon request
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 17, 2018
About Casey and Rose Martin
My wife Rose and Myself bought this wonderful home in 2008. Rose works as a full time Real Estate Agent and Momma. I work as a Fire Engineer and Paramedic in the wonderful City Of San Diego. We love the beach and spend most nice days enjoying the water. We also love taking our Son (3.5 y/o) to all the attractions Balboa Park, Zoo, Sea World, Children's Museum, Wild Animal Park, hiking, board walk and the list go's on and on... We love our lives in San Diego and also love travelling near and far. Grateful for all that we have been blessed with and all that we have to offer.
Casey and Rose Martin purchased this House in 2008
Why Casey and Rose Martin chose Mount Helix
This property is nestled amongst ancient boulders as tall as our house! Half way up Mount Helix gives it a private setting that makes you feel at home and away from the hustle of The City. This property was "the worst house in the nicest neighborhood" when we purchased and we are grateful that we have been able expand and create our own little slice of heaven here in SD.
What makes this House unique
The setting here on Mount Helix is sacred and unique. We love the proximity to all yet feeling like you're so far away... We decorated and designed the home in the modern/rustic farmhouse décor and thought that this house lends itself well to the classic California ranch/farmhouse architecture. All sorts of unique little areas around the house make it so fun to explore. You can chill in one of two patios around massive boulders in the front yard, or hang on the massive back deck and soak up the sun and views and of course don't forget the resort pool setting for the ultimate in relaxation and water therapy. ● Would you like us to heat the pool? * It can take up to 24 hours to heat the pool to 80 degrees or above, so let us know prior if you'd like it ready to go! To heat the Spa/ Hot Tub there is no charge. We just ask for it to be turned on when you are using it and off when you are finished. It takes about 35 mins to heat up. Pool Heating Fee? YES November – March: A pool heating fee of $175 for the first day (the day you check-in), and $50 per day (or partial day) thereafter will be assessed. April – October: A pool heating fee of $100 for the first day (the day you check-in), and $40 per day (or partial day) thereafter will be assessed.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
A Dream Come True
This home was amazing! From the spacious, clean, well decorated interior to the sparkling pool, spa and swim-up bar, our family barely wanted to leave the premises to experience San Diego. The view is spectacular morning, noon and night. Casey and Rose are super friendly and extremely accommodating. The separate "apartment" feature on the lower level worked out perfectly for our additional family members. We would highly recommend this property and would definitely book it again should we find ourselves back in San Diego.
Thank you Barb! You and your family were the perfect guest :)
Fabulous La Mesa Retreat-Casey & Rose-Fabulous Hosts-Pictures Don't Lie
The La Mesa Retreat vacation at the home of Casey and Rose was fabulous. Four couples gathered to celebrate a friends retirement & what a perfect place to relax and celebrate! Rose welcomed us, provided a tour of the home, amenities & pool and celebrated our friends retirement with a wonderful German Chocolate Cake & balloons! So nice! The home is a very easy and quick 25 minute drive from the San Diego airport, easy access to San Diego & surrounding areas!
The home was large, spacious, nicely appointed, comfortable & lots of deck space! We dinned on the deck & great BBQ! Kitchen was large with nice seating & easily accommodated 8 people. The living room was very comfortable, 3 bedrooms upstairs with a 4th bedroom/kitchen & living space down below next to the pool. Very nice lower level apartment.
-Pool was fabulous
-Spa was fabulous
-Outdoor dinning area, lots of comfortable seating and a nice gas outdoor fireplace to enjoy the view.
-Very nice landscaping and a nice table in the garden to enjoy reading, coffee or just peace and quiet.
-Really great hike which we did twice up to the top of Mt. Helix with great views and a historic amphitheater.
-Easy access to Torrey Pines for golfing or hiking. The hike at Torrey pines, up the hill, then down through the park & along the coast is fabulous! Rose provided a hiking book!
-Easy Access to La Jolla-we enjoyed dinner there one night
-Very Easy access to any where in San Diego
-Warm and Sunny that week in La Mesa while the San Diego coast was socked in with marine air.
-Easy access to a great market & retail if you need something
-Very restful and very enjoyable 3 nights and 4 days in Paradise. I would definitely rent this home again! Thanks Casey and Rose.
All the Best, Kevin
So happy you stay was comfortable and you enjoyed the house as much as we do :) Thank you so much for the amazing review. It means so much to know others appreciate and enjoy the details we do to make your trip special in anyway we can :) Hope to host you and or guest again! Ideal guest... THANK YOU!
House was perfect. Pool was perfect. Owners were awesome!
Lots of space to spread out. Had 3 families with a total of 12 guests. Never felt crowded.
Glad you enjoyed your stay and had plenty of room :) Welcome back anytime!
A great vacation home
We had a wonderful experience at this house. It was beautiful, spacious and picturesque.The pictures on the website were very accurate in describing this paradise. We enjoyed the pool everyday and found our stay to be relaxing and comfortable.The owners were extremely accommodating, friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend this rental for a large group or for 2 families.
Thanks again Rose and Casey especially for the fresh tuna.
Thank you for the great review and sharing your experience on here with others :) You are so welcome! We hope we get the chance to host your next stay in San Diego.
The house was just as amazing and beautiful as it's descriptions and pictures.
Beautiful experience and memories!
Thank you so much Erika! Loved meeting your family and so thankful you chose our home to spend your time vacationing in San Diego.
A Perfect Stay at a Perfect House
If you're thinking about renting this house, don't hesitate! Press the confirmation button as soon as you can. The house is worth every single penny. I spent more than 40 hours looking at places on various websites to stay near San Diego during of all weeks, ComicCom. Our nephew and his fiancee planned their wedding more than a year in advance, but still hotel rates were high so it made more sense to rent a house for our large group of 9 plus half a dozen more family members for a reunion following the wedding. All the time spent researching was worth it because we came across the La Mesa house and it was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!
Pictures of the pool don't do the property justice because the inside of the house and decks add even more to the experience. The house is tastefully decorated with all kinds of wonderful touches (fluffy bath towels, nice bath soaps and shampoos and plenty of pool towels). The downstairs pool house unit with its own separate kitchen was a bonus.
Casey and Rose were so warm and welcoming. Advance communication was friendly and informative. The location was a short 25 minute drive to Coronado, yet you're far enough away from the city's bustle and noise.
Our group ranged in ages from 21 to 94 and including our family, in-laws and visiting relatives from Spain. Everyone just raved about how wonderful the setting was for what turned out to be a family reunion. Many of us hadn't been all together for close to ten years. The newlyweds even came by the day after their wedding and relaxed with us for a couple of hours.
We cooked fabulous meals, the bbq was easy to use, and the kitchen was well stocked with spices and other ingredients. There was even ground coffee in addition to the Kerig. The blow up mattress was put to good use when the groom's parents needed a place to stay the night after the wedding to continue the reunion.
We lounged and danced and played around the pool. We used the jacuzzi and watched the lights of San Diego at night.
It's a magical, magical place. We can't thank Casey and Rose enough for opening their home to us. My 94 year old mom, said it was one of the best weekend she'd had in a long time. (She even got in the pool!) We laughed and ate and told stories. We were able to create many wonderful memories that will stay with us for a very long time. We hope to return to the La Mesa house for a repeat engagement of our special time.
Thank you so much Angela for the amazing review that honestly brought tears to my eyes. You and your group were perfect guest! I hope we get the chance to host you again for your next stay in San Diego. It truly touches my heart to know you and your group had such a great time and that property was able to user friendly for all ages :) THANK YOU!!
Also, Thank you for feed back! I made sure to make a few adjustments to make sure we stay on top of our accommodations.
This estate is located in the heart of San Diego with just a short drive or Uber to all the main attractions. Being 15 minutes from the Pacific Ocean we get far less "May Grey and June Gloom" then coastal properties. Plenty of sunshine to go around! Some amazing public and affordable golf courses surround La Mesa. The quaint and trendy village of La Mesa provides ample dining choices from farm to table to Italian. Enjoy the coast or down town San Diego then getaway back to your private resort setting and relax.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates and availability are subject to change until reservation confirmed.