This beautiful Appalachian style log home sits high atop the mountain with spectacular long range views. Picture yourself enjoying a cup of coffee on the expansive deck while you watch the mist of the Great Smokys burn off and reveal the mountains below one by one. Finish off your day in the mountains, watching the sunset as the stars illuminate in the sky, immersing yourself in the hot tub right on your own deck. You'll feel your body shedding the stresses of everyday life, and remembering why you went on vacation. To relax, and get away.
Decorated impeccably with the highest quality rustic furnishings Hawks Ridge will give you a magical feel. Amenities include 20 foot wood beamed ceilings, oak hardwood floors, a carved and handcrafted log staircase, and a magnificent floor to ceiling Colorado River rock fireplace.
The cabin features a loft, two bedrooms and two and a half baths. The full size kitchen is fully equipped with all top quality appliances and utensils.
For your entertainment the cabin offers 3 TV's, one a 42 inch LCD large flat screen, 32 inch LCD in the master, and a 27 inch TV in the loft, DVD, VCR, DSS satellite system, pool table, WII games, books and board games.
Outside amenities include a 6 person Hot Tub, gas grill, and a fire pit (wood provided) with seating for 6 people. Enjoy a meal on the covered front deck at the patio table or just relax on the rockers.
Hawks Ridge is located just 10 minutes from Bryson City, 15 minutes from the the Nantahala Outdoor Center and just outside the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
This cabin which sleeps up to 6 people is perfect for a romantic getaway, couples get together, a family vacation or family event.
Please note that in order to access the cabin, and it's beautiful views, you have to travel up a mountain road. It is paved 95% of the way, and hard-packed gravel the other 5%, and easy enough to acess the cabin with any vehicle with 4 wheels (cars, trucks, SUVs, etc. Note: you DO NOT need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to get up to the cabin). However, the cabin CANNOT be accessed with a motorcycle. There are numerous switch-backs on the road up to the cabin, and inherently dangerous for any 2 wheeled vehicle. We have had guests leave their motorcycles down from the mountain, in a safe environment, and then drive up to the cabin in another vehicle. Arrangements can be made if that is helpful to you.
Except for holiday weekends, I have set the policies to allow 1 night requests. I do this because there are some nights that can be rented for just one night (e.g. last minute bookings or nights that are adjacent to other reservations and therefore do not leave unrentable gaps in the calendar)