'Camp Okee-Dokee' is a year-round vacation home that accommodates one couple, an entire family, or a group of friends...
If you’re looking for a peaceful, quiet retreat in the north woods for yourself, or to share some wonderful relaxing times with your close friends and family, we’ve got just the place for you. You’ll love getting away any time of year to our cozy log home that offers a fireside view of your own private lake.
There's lots of things to do and see in the area year round. Pick your favorite season... We hope you’ll try them all!
Use the home as your base camp for a wide variety of recreational activities and scenic north woods area day trips, or just kick back, relax and enjoy the quiet, calming sounds of nature in the north woods. We have lots of resource materials at the cabin of area activities and attractions. If you like more info on these, give us a call and we can email you a PDF with more photos and highlights.
• The cabin is nestled in a five acre meadow surrounded by forests. You’ll see deer, wild turkeys, hawks and an occasional bald eagle.
• Spacious cathedral ceiling great room, fully equipped kitchen, dining room and library sitting area
• Central gas fireplace
• Lots of books, games, puzzles, TV, CD player/radio
• Master bedroom suite has a king size bed, sitting area for two, patio doors to private deck, private bath with Jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower
• 2nd bedroom has queen size bed
• 3rd bedroom has two twin beds
• 4th bedroom has a full-sized bed
• Common bath has tub/shower
• Third bathroom has a small shower
• Laundry room with washer and dryer
• The woods across the road is several hundred acres of public access forest cropland for hunting and hiking
• The cabin features a large backyard deck with gas grill, picnic table, umbrella table, and a backyard fire pit and kids swing-set, sandbox and slide
• Two private five acre lakes: “Lower Lake Run-a-muck” can be viewed from the cabin and is equipped with a 3-seat canoe and a small two-seat motorized skiff; “Upper Lake Run-a-muck” is equipped with a 3-4 person row boat, and is a short walk along a trail through the woods.
• Perch fishing at the cabin on the private lake. Plus there's lot so nearby fishing on Silver Creek less than a 1/2 mile walk from the house, as well as on the West Branch of the Red River, Henning Creek and the Embarrass River all only 2-3 miles away.
Camp Okee-Dokee is the perfect getaway for a relaxing retreat
and recreation with family and friends. Getting to Camp Okee-Dokee:
• 1 hour or less away from Green Bay, Wausau and Stevens Point
• 3 hours or less from Milwaukee and Madison
• 5 hours or less from Minneapolis and Chicago
There’s plenty of fun for everyone!
• Biking (several bikes available at cabin)
• Bird watching
• Boating (row boat and canoe at cabin; canoeing, kayaking, power boating at many area lakes and rivers)
• Bowling (two nearby alleys are in wonderful condition and guaranteed to be a fun time)
• Campfire pit
• Casino (three area Indian casinos within 10-20 miles)
• Dining (plenty of local casual and fine dining options)
• Flea markets
• Horseback riding
• Miniature golf
• Mountain Bay bicycle and snow mobile trail
• Museums (logging camp, Native American, and area historical societies)
• White water rafting on the Wolf River
• Water skiing (ski show every Wednesday in summer)
• Racing (motocross and stock car)
• Skiing (downhill and cross-country; one hour from Granite Peak Ski Area or Navarino Slopes)
• Swimming (lots of favorite spots
Keywords: vacation home, northwoods cabin, retreat