About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum StayNone
Cabin, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
'Camp Okee-Dokee' is a year-round vacation home that accommodates one couple, an entire family, or a group of friends...
If you’re looking for a peaceful, quiet retreat in the north woods for yourself, or to share some wonderful relaxing times with your close friends and family, we’ve got just the place for you. You’ll love getting away any time of year to our cozy log home that offers a fireside view of your own private lake.
There's lots of things to do and see in the area year round. Pick your favorite season... We hope you’ll try them all!
Use the home as your base camp for a wide variety of recreational activities and scenic north woods area day trips, or just kick back, relax and enjoy the quiet, calming sounds of nature in the north woods. We have lots of resource materials at the cabin of area activities and attractions. If you like more info on these, give us a call and we can email you a PDF with more photos and highlights.
• The cabin is nestled in a five acre meadow surrounded by forests. You’ll see deer, wild turkeys, hawks and an occasional bald eagle.
• Spacious cathedral ceiling great room, fully equipped kitchen, dining room and library sitting area
• Central gas fireplace
• Lots of books, games, puzzles, TV, CD player/radio
• Master bedroom suite has a king size bed, sitting area for two, patio doors to private deck, private bath with Jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower
• 2nd bedroom has queen size bed
• 3rd bedroom has two twin beds
• 4th bedroom has a full-sized bed
• Common bath has tub/shower
• Third bathroom has a small shower
• Laundry room with washer and dryer
• The woods across the road is several hundred acres of public access forest cropland for hunting and hiking
• The cabin features a large backyard deck with gas grill, picnic table, umbrella table, and a backyard fire pit and kids swing-set, sandbox and slide
• Two private five acre lakes: “Lower Lake Run-a-muck” can be viewed from the cabin and is equipped with a 3-seat canoe and a small two-seat motorized skiff; “Upper Lake Run-a-muck” is equipped with a 3-4 person row boat, and is a short walk along a trail through the woods.
• Perch fishing at the cabin on the private lake. Plus there's lot so nearby fishing on Silver Creek less than a 1/2 mile walk from the house, as well as on the West Branch of the Red River, Henning Creek and the Embarrass River all only 2-3 miles away.
Camp Okee-Dokee is the perfect getaway for a relaxing retreat
and recreation with family and friends. Getting to Camp Okee-Dokee:
• 1 hour or less away from Green Bay, Wausau and Stevens Point
• 3 hours or less from Milwaukee and Madison
• 5 hours or less from Minneapolis and Chicago
There’s plenty of fun for everyone!
• Biking (several bikes available at cabin)
• Bird watching
• Boating (row boat and canoe at cabin; canoeing, kayaking, power boating at many area lakes and rivers)
• Bowling (two nearby alleys are in wonderful condition and guaranteed to be a fun time)
• Campfire pit
• Casino (three area Indian casinos within 10-20 miles)
• Dining (plenty of local casual and fine dining options)
• Flea markets
• Horseback riding
• Miniature golf
• Mountain Bay bicycle and snow mobile trail
• Museums (logging camp, Native American, and area historical societies)
• White water rafting on the Wolf River
• Water skiing (ski show every Wednesday in summer)
• Racing (motocross and stock car)
• Skiing (downhill and cross-country; one hour from Granite Peak Ski Area or Navarino Slopes)
• Swimming (lots of favorite spots
Keywords: vacation home, northwoods cabin, retreat
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
Kim and Steve own the Konkapot Lodge in Bowler, WI and take pride in making your vacation a memorable experience. We love the peace, quiet and scenery of the north woods and know you will too.
Owner purchased this Cabin in 2008
Why Owner chose Bartelme
We live across the field from 'Camp Okee-Dokee', and bought the property because we wanted to preserve the log home for family retreats. We opened for renting in the summer 2011.
What makes this Cabin unique
If you have a crazy job and schedule and just need peace, quiet, and are content with star-filled evenings and watching wildlife--this is the perfect place. We've hosted many family gatherings there and there is plenty of space for everyone. Being together, playing games, reading, etc are all important, but if you also want gaming action or live entertainment, we are centrally located (within 16 miles) of three native owned casinos.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Secluded cozy cabin in your own neck of the woods.
The cabin is delightful, cozy, and warm. Walking outside is like walking into an untouched piece of north woods. Time slows down. Great to clear your head and reflect about what’s really important.
Beutiful. Thank you for everything
Overall beautiful experience. The owners are awesome they make us feel very comfortable in our two days staying.
Beautiful house with plenty of relaxing space
We stayed at this property for a retreat with our colleagues for a weekend in early March. Although it was still a bit cold out, there was a lot to do around the house including biking, campfire, grilling, walking in the woods etc. We had 10 people, but the house had plenty of space and everyone could spread out and relax. We are planning to come back again in the summer! It was a bit of a surprise that we did not have phone reception, which made it a little harder to look up places around the cabin, but we could just plan better in advance with that knowledge next time we stay here.
Thank you for the lovely review. Your group would enjoy a summer stay when it is hot enough to spend the day whitewater rafting on the great Wolf River. Hope to see you soon.
Perfect for couples or families (and furbabies)
My Wife and I go up North a couple times a year and this cabin was by far the best one we’ve been to. It had everything we needed, was clean, and the owners quickly responded when we had an issue starting the grill. This cabin is homey and is absolutely perfect whether it’s for two people to share or for a family. We didn’t care but there is no phone/internet service which was actually nice to not be bothered ;). There is a landline available if needed. We will definitely be back. Thank you, Kim and Steve!
Thank you for the nice review. We try hard to make it comfortable. Try a stay in the summer or fall. There are some lovely swimming lakes and the scenery here is always pretty. Back to nature!
Property was perfect
Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Property owners made everything easy and comfortable.
We had 10 adults staying for 2 nights, had a great time just relaxing at the lodge.
The only suggestion would be to have a sofa bed in the living room...otherwise our stay was great!
Located near three Indian Casinos. Also near the Mountain Bay Trail.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Trained pooch pals only please.