Peaceful, Quiet Retreat in the North Woods(40 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Cabin, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 10)
If you’re looking for a peaceful, quiet retreat in the north woods for yourself, or to share some wonderful relaxing times with your close friends and family, we’ve got just the place for you. You’ll love getting away any time of year to our cozy log home that offers a fireside view of your own private lake.
There's lots of things to do and see in the area year round. Pick your favorite season... We hope you’ll try them all!
Use the home as your base camp for a wide variety of recreational activities and scenic north woods area day trips, or just kick back, relax and enjoy the quiet, calming sounds of nature in the north woods. We have lots of resource materials at the cabin of area activities and attractions. If you like more info on these, give us a call and we can email you a PDF with more photos and highlights.
• Spacious cathedral ceiling great room, fully equipped kitchen, dining room and library sitting area
• Central gas fireplace
• Lots of books, games, puzzles, TV, CD player/radio
• Master bedroom suite has a king size bed, sitting area for two, patio doors to private deck, private bath with Jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower
• 2nd bedroom has queen size bed
• 3rd bedroom has two twin beds
• 4th bedroom has a full-sized bed
• Common bath has tub/shower
• Third bathroom has a small shower
• Laundry room with washer and dryer
• The woods across the road is several hundred acres of public access forest cropland for hunting and hiking
• The cabin features a large backyard deck with gas grill, picnic table, umbrella table, and a backyard fire pit and kids swing-set, sandbox and slide
• Two private five acre lakes: “Lower Lake Run-a-muck” can be viewed from the cabin and is equipped with a 3-seat canoe and a small two-seat motorized skiff; “Upper Lake Run-a-muck” is equipped with a 3-4 person row boat, and is a short walk along a trail through the woods.
• Perch fishing at the cabin on the private lake. Plus there's lot so nearby fishing on Silver Creek less than a 1/2 mile walk from the house, as well as on the West Branch of the Red River, Henning Creek and the Embarrass River all only 2-3 miles away.
Camp Okee-Dokee is the perfect getaway for a relaxing retreat
and recreation with family and friends. Getting to Camp Okee-Dokee:
• 1 hour or less away from Green Bay, Wausau and Stevens Point
• 3 hours or less from Milwaukee and Madison
• 5 hours or less from Minneapolis and Chicago
There’s plenty of fun for everyone!
• Biking (several bikes available at cabin)
• Bird watching
• Boating (row boat and canoe at cabin; canoeing, kayaking, power boating at many area lakes and rivers)
• Bowling (two nearby alleys are in wonderful condition and guaranteed to be a fun time)
• Campfire pit
• Casino (three area Indian casinos within 10-20 miles)
• Dining (plenty of local casual and fine dining options)
• Flea markets
• Horseback riding
• Miniature golf
• Mountain Bay bicycle and snow mobile trail
• Museums (logging camp, Native American, and area historical societies)
• White water rafting on the Wolf River
• Water skiing (ski show every Wednesday in summer)
• Racing (motocross and stock car)
• Skiing (downhill and cross-country; one hour from Granite Peak Ski Area or Navarino Slopes)
• Swimming (lots of favorite spots
Keywords: vacation home, northwoods cabin, retreat
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Jetted Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 5.5%
Trained pooch pals only please.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: Kim and Steve own the Konkapot Lodge in Bowler, WI and take pride in making your vacation a memorable experience. We love the peace, quiet and scenery of the north woods and know you will too.
Why the Owner Chose Bartelme, WI, USA:
We live across the field from 'Camp Okee-Dokee', and bought the property because we wanted to preserve the log home for family retreats. We opened for renting in the summer 2011.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
If you have a crazy job and schedule and just need peace, quiet, and are content with star-filled evenings and watching wildlife--this is the perfect place. We've hosted many family gatherings there and there is plenty of space for everyone. Being together, playing games, reading, etc are all important, but if you also want gaming action or live entertainment, we are centrally located (within 16 miles) of three native owned casinos.
- Primary: 715-793-4103
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There are two small five acre bog lakes on the property. This boat landing and dock on 'Upper Lake Runamuck' is about a 1/2 mile walk through the woods. A canoe and two row boats are provided. Swimming is not allowed on either lake, but there are lots of nearby spots for that.
In the heat of the summer, there's lots of nearby swimming in local rivers and lakes.
Explore some of the scenic spots in the area.
Nearby Main Street Shawano offers the quintessential small town shopping experience. Need a big box store? There's lots of those in town, too.
Don't think Camp Okee-Dokee is for summertime fun only. Watching nature come alive in Spring or the rainbow of fall colors in Autumn are an equally special time. And, in the winter, nothing beats cabin fever better than a day skiing or snow boarding at Navarino Slopes or Granite Peak, or having fun at one of the tubing runs, sledding hills, or cross-country skiing/snowshoeing trails.
Enjoy the day at one of several area parks.
What's a vacation without some shopping? The Lark Amish Store is one of many unique stores in the area. If you like bulk goods and home made wares, this is the place.
Whether it's good old-fashioned smoked bacon or cut-to-order steaks and super lean hamburger for the grill from Kropf's Meats, or world famous smoked sausages from Nueske's, there's lots of good food nearby.
Snowshoeing on the trail to the back lake. Ice fishing anyone?
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.