We were very fortunate to have DC 204 become available in early 2013. It is the center unit in the Dunes Chalet building at the Boca Grande Club. It's a great location right next to the pool and restaurant and only steps from the beach with stunning, unobstructed, views of the gulf and sunsets. You will find our warm and welcoming condo a great place to relax and rejuvenate. It has a fully equipped kitchen with a newer stove, dishwasher and a brand new Liebherr refrigerator in December 2017. You will also find Comcast wireless internet and cable television, a Keurig coffee maker and 2 flat screen televisions.
• 0ver 100 sq. ft larger than 1-bed/1-bath condos at the BG Club. The enclosed porch adds even more space to spread out.
• The Dune Chalet building is centrally located with a westerly view - perfect for sunsets and access to the pool and restaurant. Outstanding morning views as the sun come up and shines on the Gulf.
• 2nd floor – great view, easy access by elevator or stairs.
• Middle condo on the floor – unobstructed view.
• Reduced rental rates through VRBO
Our condo is a 1-bed/2-bathroom condo, which is over 100 square feet larger than the 1-bed/1-bath condos at the BG club. The extra room goes a long way – giving you more space to spread out in the foyer, the kitchen, the living room, and in your bedroom. Our lanai is also enclosed for even more A/C room. It is on the 2nd floor, which gives you an outstanding view of the gulf and it's easily accessible up only one flight of stairs or by using the elevator. There are 7 condos on each floor – and ours is located in the middle, which means that it is bumped out approx. 5 feet on both sides. The Dune Chalet Building is centrally located, next to the pool, Tiki Bar and the Clubhouse Restaurant. We have reduced our rates from what the BG Club normally charges for 1 bedroom, 2 bath condos.
UPDATES: We continue to update the furnishings in the condo in an effort to provide a first class experience and keep things fresh. We are very happy with these changes as well as the location of the location of the condo. We have added 2 flatscreen televisions, a new king mattress and headboard, a bedside table and dresser, TV console, new kitchen cabinets, stove, dishwasher and a new walk-in shower in the master bath. In 2015 we completely remodeled the 2nd bathroom and replaced both toilets with comfort height toilets. The dining room table now sits comfortably with a 42” glass tabletop – situated so that you can enjoy your morning breakfast overlooking the amazing gulf view and watch the magnificent sunsets while you eat dinner. The lanai is set up so that you can kick back and relax with a good book with a great view of the gulf. You will find a small library of DVDs and Paper Back Books for your enjoyment. We will be happy to provide you with additional information to make your stay more enjoyable if desired.
BOCA GRANDE CLUB: The Boca Grande Club welcomes you and your family to a little piece of paradise. In our opinion it is the best club on the island and if our condo isn’t available to rent, please check out the Boca Grande Club rental site. They offer pictures of all their rentals online.
The Boca Grande Club is contained within 65 acres of beautiful tropical grounds directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Amenities include;
• 2 swimming pools, baby pool and hot tub
• Fully Equipped Work-Out Room with state of the art equipment
• 8 Har Tru Clay Tennis Courts, 2 lighted for night play, 2 Tennis Professionals in season
• Clubhouse Dinning Room a the BG Club is one of the finest dining facilities on the island and located right on the beach
• Upper deck Lounge, updated summer 2013, breathtaking views
• Poolside and Beach Side Verandah casual dining experience
• Tiki Bar, enjoy a wonderful tropical drink poolside with Gulf viewing
• Bicycling, great way to see the island and downtown. Rentals available at the BG Club for half day, full day or weekly.
• Golf Cart Rentals
• Basketball Court, you can sign out a basketball from the Front Desk
• Beach Kayaking, borrow a Kayak seasonally available on the beach
• Wireless Internet Access
• Dunes Clubroom, great for meetings or banquet. The Clubroom contains a library with a range of books on the honor system
• Herb Garden, a variety of herbs grow on the property for use by the Chef as well as all of the guests
The grounds of the BG Club are lovely and includes lush tropical vegetation, aromatic blossoms, and an edible herb garden that you’re welcome to visit to harvest some fresh rosemary, basil or other savory herb to spice up your favorite meal.
Why we love the Boca Grande Club
• North beaches quieter - perfect for relaxing, long walks and searching for shells.
• Lunches at the Club
• Evening cocktails at the Tiki Bar
• Fabulous Club restaurant
• Hot tub, tennis courts, exercise room, swimming pools
• Gate House – added security
• Dog friendly and people friendly
• Free WiFi
We feel the north beaches are quieter, more secluded and perfect for long morning walks looking for dolphins and manatees, or with your head looking down for sand dollars, shark teeth and other interesting shells and creatures. We love the lunches on the BG Club’s lanai overlooking the blue turquoise gulf water and listening and watching the waves roll in. You can not beat cocktails at the Tiki Bar while enjoying the evening sunset. Check to see if Manny is working. He has been the bartender since we started coming to BG in 1987 and as our niece says – the biggest decision she wants to make during her vacation is whether to ask Manny for a Strawberry Daiquiri or a Pina Colada. There is also a fabulous restaurant on the property in the Clubhouse. Upstairs is a little more casual with floor to ceiling glass facing the water. We would recommend the Tuesday night pasta dinners during the winter season or lunch on the pool deck near the Tiki Bar. Steps away is also a hot tub, 8 clay tennis courts, a fully equipped exercise room, two swimming pools and lounge chairs on the pool deck. We enjoy the lounge chairs on the beach under a supplied umbrella, where it’s hard to stay awake. One of the most peaceful environments you could ever imagine. The Boca Grande Club has a Gate House for added security and is dog friendly. Actually your dog will learn to love going by the Gate House, where they might just get a dog treat. Also free WiFi on the property.
The club’s website is wonderful with lots of photos of their amenities. There is a bike path that runs the length of the island - which we have biked, walked, roller bladed, jogged, and driven a golf cart on that path.
BOCA GRANDE: BG is actually the town on Gasparilla Island, but the island is more commonly known as Boca Grande. If you are not familiar with the quaint little town of Boca Grande - please email us with any questions you might have or Google “Boca Grande.” The Boca Grande Chamber of Commerce has a great short video on the area. It’s like stepping back in time where you’ll find the charm of “Old Florida”. There are no traffic lights, no high-rise buildings and no malls. Yes, the beaches are really that quiet and yes, we love Boca Grande and love talking about it. There are not many places like this left in Florida or anywhere else for that matter.
Finally, a little bit about us: We are from Michigan and were first introduced to Boca Grande in 1987 and have been coming here ever since. We have dreamed of owning a condo at BG and are thrilled to finally have it become a reality. It’s our place to escape - relax and not feel rushed. We want to invite you into DC 204 and hope you find it warm and welcoming. Hopefully you will come to love Boca Grande as much as we do.