Waterfront, Canoe, and Kayak(33 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Beautiful 5 Bedroom 4 1/2 Bathroom House On The Lake. Each Room Has A Lake View!
The listed price is for the whole house, except for 2 of the bedrooms (details on these a few paragraphs below). It includes the entire Main Level (with a Queen Sleeper Sofa in the living room), the recreation room on the Lakeside Level (also with a Queen Sleeper Sofa), and the Basic 3 bedrooms:
1) Lakeside Level Suite - 2 Queen, pillow top beds with luxurious bedding; custom, heavy, wood furniture imported from Brazil; ceiling fan; lake view; private, full bathroom, walk out to lake.
2) Prairie Bedroom - upstairs; King bed with lovely linens; private 3/4 bath, custom-tiled; vaulted ceiling with ceiling fan; lake view; piano (for music lovers!).
3) Heritage Bedroom - upstairs; 2 Full size beds with luxurious linens and comforters; vaulted ceiling with ceiling fan; lake view; delightful library; large dresser; electric fire place; full bathroom across the hall.
There are also 2 single roll-away beds stored in the heater closet (to the left of the bathroom) on the Lakeside level (sheets and pillows are on top).
For an additional fee, we have 2 more bedrooms available to rent. These are locked-off, unless rented, and are at the west end, upstairs. Details on the two extra bedrooms:
1) Woodland Room - (currently $25/night; during Summer $45/night) - has a King bed, view of the lake and woods, vaulted ceiling and ceiling fan, large dresser and bookshelves (with books!); Full bath across the hall - shared with the Heritage Room.
2) Master Rm & Bath - (currently $45/night; during Summer $65/night) - has a King sized, pillow-top bed, 5 windows overlooking the lake, cedar-planked vaulted ceilings, ceiling fan, vanity table and large full bathroom with windows overlooking the lake.
Let us know if you would like to add one or both of these rooms to your quote!
Our property has the best of both worlds! The house is about 40 yards from the water, with lots of free space in between- including a sandbox for small children, a bonfire area, and a charcoal grill.
*** There's a canoe and kayak available for use (no charge) - to take a nice glide out on the lake! ***
We do not have a boat dock, but we have steps that lead down to the water, as well as a gentle walk down area to the lower left of the property. There is often beach area available, depending on the water level. In the past, we've kept our pontoon anchored in the water (an option for anyone bringing a boat).
Here is a link for nearby boat ramps- Viola, Kings River, Viney Creek, etc. (copy and paste to your address bar):
*** Kings River Marina in Shell Knob, MO is the one most frequented by guests- it's about 20 minutes to/from the Lake House, whether by car or boat.***
There are several places nearby to rent boats or boat slips. Shell Knob is 20 minutes away, Eagle Rock is 15 minutes, Holiday Island, AR is 20 minutes, Kimberling City is about 30 minutes, and there may be more!
* Branson is about 41 minutes away.
* Eureka Springs, AR is about 26 minutes away.
* Roaring River State Park is about 25 minutes away.
* Branson is a popular attraction and has plenty to do! You can shop at the Branson Landing, where you will find a variety of fun possibilities. Not far from there is the well-traveled Strip, where there are many different shows to enjoy. Branson is also home to SILVER DOLLAR CITY, a popular theme park that is BEAUTIFULLY LIT WITH CHRISTMAS LIGHTS DURING THE HOLIDAYS!
* Eureka Springs, AR is an artsy place full of cute little gift shops, trendy restaurants, Victorian mansions, art galleries, and - of course - Springs! There are family dinner shows and go carts, etc. for kids. The world-renowned Great Passion Play, with real horses, etc., can be seen live in the outdoor amphitheater. Eureka Springs is also home to Thorncrown Chapel, a chapel constructed of over 6,000 sq. feet of glass.
* Roaring River State Park a family favorite for fishing, and also provides opportunities for camping, hiking, and bicycling. There is a Nature Center/Museum there, as well as a trout hatchery and live spring for touring and fish feeding.
You can also fish right in our back yard! We've caught catfish, white bass, big mouth bass, perch, and more standing on the shore or out in our boat. You can purchase a fishing license online or at most gas stations or stores in the area.
Golfing is available at either Kings River Golf, or Holiday Island, AR, both 20 minutes away. Holiday Island has a great playground and swimming pool, and several good restaurants.
Nearby, we have the Promised Land Zoo and the Golden Pioneer Museum, which features a large collection of glassware, minerals, and Native American artifacts. There are also several area restaurants serving delicious meals.
* Carr Lane Country Stop/Conoco in Shell Knob, MO about 9 minutes away (closest gas station).
* Dollar General in Eagle Rock, MO about 13 minutes away (if you just need a few things).
* Sun Fest Market is in Holiday Island, AR about 20 minutes away.
* Walmart Supercenter in Berryville, AR is about 25 minutes away.
If you need to find somewhere for the family to enjoy a holiday or long weekend, away from the hustle of the city, you are in the right place! This is great for family reunions and any occasion that warrants a celebration!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- Chateau / Country House
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18, Beds for 12-18
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Vaulted ceilings, electric fireplace/heater in Heritage Bedroom, electric space heater for use where needed, air purifier, ceiling fans in every room, every room has a view of the lake, nice storage area available in the pantry for over-sized items. One of our favorite rooms is the sunny breakfast nook overlooking the lake. Two queen sleeper/sofas. Luxury comforters/bedding. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Game Room:
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View:
- Mountain View:
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 12 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Industrial size with large island. Oversize porcelain sink. Appliances: microwave, electric kettle, toaster, blender, coffee maker. Cutting boards, knives, baking dishes, large stock pot; dutch oven....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Winter to Spring 2017
Jan 3 - May 18, 2017
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 12 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
May 19 - Sep 18, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $105
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
Winter to Spring 2017:
* Add Master Rm (King) & Bath: $45/night
* Add Woodland Rm (King or 2 Twins): $25/night
* Pet Fee: $10/night - up to two pets only
Additional fees may apply.
* Add Master Rm (King) & Bath: $65/night
* Add Woodland Rm (King or 2 Twins): $45/night
* Pet Fee: $10/night - up to two pets only
Additional fees may apply.
Cancellation Policy Note: Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of the stay will receive a 100% refund, less a $150 cancellation fee.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: The owners built this home in 1998 with the intent to host gatherings of all sizes! They love to share their beautiful get-a-way with others. They enjoy hiking, biking, kayaking, and more!
Why the Owner Chose Golden, MO, USA:
Great for family reunions and any occasion that warrants a celebration! The Lake House is on an arm of Table Rock Lake. If you need to find somewhere for the family to enjoy a holiday or long weekend, away from the hassle of the city, you are in the right place!
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
We provide peace and quiet in a luscious location! Centrally located between Branson, MO and Eureka Springs, AR- you can site see, and come back home for some solitude. This 4,000 square foot home on 6 lake front acres is welcoming with enough space for a crowd. Enjoy being on the peaceful Table Rock Lake.
- Primary: +1 4793088658 Info and Reservations
- Secondary: +1 4172302944 Owners
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Back of the house.
On the lovely lake!
Taken from the beach area.
Steps down to the water.
Dining table seats 8-12 (if you add chairs to the corners- we've done it lots)!
The Nook- a great spot for morning coffee or breakfast with a view!
Game cupboard stocked with games available to use!
Foyer and stairs leading to top level.
Heritage Room- two Full beds.
Master Room- gets amazing light! King bed. Optional add-on room.
Lakeside level living room- Queen size sleeper sofa available.
Front deck with rocking chairs.
Sandbar near the house. Kayak available for guest use!
View of the lake from the lower part of the backyard.
In the backyard looking out to the lake.
Road leading to our driveway.
5-burner gas stove, top and bottom ovens, bakeware, cookware, and lots more!
Living room- DirecTV and Queen size sofa sleeper available.
Feel free to sign our guest book!
Prairie Room- King size bed, piano, private bathroom with standing shower.
Woodland Room- optional add-on room. King bed or splits into two Twin beds.
Master Room's private bathroom with full bath.
Lakeside level room- two Queens. Private bathroom with full bath adjacent.
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.