Our Lovely Lake House is a three-story home with five bedrooms. Upon entering, you walk in to the main level. Upstairs from the main level there are four bedrooms:
1. Prairie Room: King bed with lovely linens; private 3/4 bath, custom-tiled; vaulted ceiling with ceiling fan; lake view; piano (for music lovers!).
2. Heritage Room - 2 Full size beds with luxurious linens and comforters; vaulted ceiling with ceiling fan; lake view; delightful library; large dresser; electric fire place; full bathroom across the hall.
3. Woodland Room - has a King bed, view of the lake and woods, vaulted ceiling and ceiling fan, large dresser and bookshelves (with books!); Full bath across the hall - shared with the Heritage Room.
4. Master Rm & Bath - has a King sized, pillow-top bed, 5 windows overlooking the lake, cedar-planked vaulted ceilings, ceiling fan, vanity table and large full bathroom with windows overlooking the lake.
Downstairs from the main level:
5. Lakeside Level Suite - 2 Queens, pillow top beds with luxurious bedding; custom, heavy, wood furniture imported from Brazil; ceiling fan; lake view; private, full bathroom, walk out to lake.
There are also 2 single roll-away beds stored in the heater closet to the left of the bathroom on the Lakeside level, as well as 2 Queen sofa-sleepers – one in the main living area of the Lakeside Level, as well as one on the living room on the main level.
The house is about 40 yards from the water, with lots of open space in between. We provide lawn furniture, a charcoal grill, a bonfire area, hammock, and a sandbox for small children.
*** There's a canoe and kayak available for use (no charge) - to take a peaceful glide out on to the lake! ***
We do not have a boat dock, but we do have steps that lead down to the water, as well as a gentle walk down area to the lower left of the property. There is often beach area available, depending on the water level. In the past, we've kept our pontoon anchored in the water (an option for anyone bringing a boat).
Here is a link for nearby boat ramps- Viola, Kings River, Viney Creek, etc. (copy and paste to your address bar):
There are several places nearby to rent boats or slips:
• Shell Knob, MO - 20 minutes
• Eagle Rock, MO - 15 minutes
• Holiday Island, AR - 20 minutes
• Kimberling City - 30 minutes
*** Kings River Marina in Shell Knob, MO is the one most frequented by guests- it's about 20 minutes to/from the Lake House, whether by car or boat.***
You can also fish right in our back yard! We've caught catfish, white bass, big mouth bass, perch, and more, standing on the shore or out in our boat. You can purchase a fishing license online or at most gas stations or stores in the area.
If you need to find somewhere for the family to enjoy a holiday or long weekend, away from the hustle of the city, you are in the right place! This is great for family reunions and any occasion that warrants a celebration!