Enjoy a 1950s experience 1 house back from Aldinga Beach with 2019 mod cons
About John Gosbell
I'm a big fan of the 50s era and one day hope to own a finned 1959 Cadillac and to visit Palm Springs USA.
John Gosbell purchased this House in 2008
Why John Gosbell chose Aldinga Beach
My wife Emma and I have been running the ReTrO Shack since 2008 and enjoy providing guests with a unique retro experience in a genuine 1955 shack (not many left any more due to 'progress').
What makes this House unique
Take a step back in time and soak up the 1950s vibes complete with genuine 1950s furnishings in a 1955 constructed Aussie Beach shack. only 1 house back from the beach. Time stands still @ The ReTrO Shack. The 60 in 1 full sized stand up Arcade machine featuring Pacman, Frogger, Space invaders and more is a well loved feature that has been enjoyed by many guests.
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Strictly no smoking within the property
Max of 2 dogs subject to negotiation and surcharge
games, toys, books, games consoles and large yard
Max guests:6 (sleeps up to 6 adults)
No professional photography shoots without prior consultation
All fixtures and fittings to be left where found on arrival
No large gatherings and only booked guests can stay overnight
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Great for the family and furbabies!
So much to offer for a family or couples stay.
Great backyard and 50 metres to spectacular views and beachwalks.
The decor is worth the visit, as is the arcade machine and the modern conveniences you expect.
so cool, so relaxing
Loved our stay at the Retro Shack. Great base while touring around The Vale. Being extra pet friendly is a big plus, massive secure yard for the pooches. The classic arcade game was addictive, will be back to try to beat my top scores!
The ReTrO Shack
Great fun! Lots of excellent decor , board games to play and the arcade machine is a blast from the past. Clean and well maintained. John was really easy to deal with and answered any questions promptly. Highly recommend
Everything interesting and fun so close to beach and action
Location of property perfect for our weekend of family events near by. So many points of interest inside the property and outside. Could see longer stays in the future. Thanks.
Character house close to beach access with a large open backyard.
We had a wonderful few days at the retro shack. Easy access to the beach for us and the dogs. The house was clean with all you could need along with a trip down memory lane.
The area surrounding the ReTrO Shack is a quiet and peaceful allowing you to hear the surf when it's up.
Aldinga Beach is a 45 minute drive from central Adelaide via the no cost southern expressway and 40 minutes drive from Adelaide Airport and offers easy access to the abundant variety of attractions available within the Fleurieu Peninsula region.
• short wander to the beach
• 500m south to Aldinga Bay Cafe and Breeze Cafe
• 600m north to Jimmies Takeaway
• 600m north to playground with BBQ and toilets
• 2km (2 min) to the famous drive on beach voted 2013 best beach in SA
• 3km (3 min) to Port Willunga beach featuring the Star of Greece Cafe
• 10km (10 min) to Willunga featuring the weekend Farmers & Artisans Markets and plenty of lovely eateries.
• 12km (12 min) to Sellicks Beach featuring the renowned Victory Hotel
• 15km (15 min) to the premier food and wine district of McLaren Vale featuring 60+ wineries & gourmet eateries.
• 35km (30 min) to Carrickalinga & Normanville Jetty
• 47km (40 min) scenic drive to Victor Harbor
• 60km (50 min) to Rapid Bay featuring the recently re-opened jetty
• Numerous weekend markets at Myponga (15km), Yankalilla (30km), Inman Valley(45km), Goolwa (45km) & Victor Harbor (47km)