Maple Cabin is one of three rental cabins at our family resort located on a quiet point on beautiful Big Chetac Lake. Whether you want to fish, explore nature, or just relax, this comfortable, beautifully-restored northwoods cabin is for you. Come once, and you'll see why some customers have been coming for over 20, 30, even over 50 years: this northwoods paradise feels like home. Everything about this cabin, from the vaulted ceilings to the knotty pine tongue-and-groove paneling to the spectacular view of the lake, all say "relax and make yourself at home." And that's what generations of our guests have done. Some have made Nystrom's Resort their vacation home for four generations.
* One bedroom has a queen-size bed, and one has a double bed.
* A futon offers sleeping space for up to two more, making this cabin great for families.
* Flat screen TV and WiFi
* Sliding doors on the lake side offer a great view of the lake and the woods.
* Spacious grounds are great for lawn games, enjoying a camp fire, watching local wildlife, or just relaxing.
* Easy walk to the lake--no stairs.
* Boat launch less than a mile away.
* Plenty of dock space.
* Low section of dock for launching canoes and kayaks
* Easy 100-yard walk to Big Chetac Lake's famous Sand Bar, the nicest place to swim on the lake. This huge area of shallow water is the ideal place for all ages to swim, or play games, or just float around.
* Great fishing on three interconnected lakes. Big Chetac Lake is more than seven miles long and is connected to two more lakes, offering more than nine miles of some of the best fishing in northern Wisconsin. If you are looking for Nothern Pike, Walleyes, Large- and Small-Mouth Bass, Bluegills, Crappies, or Perch, this is the place for you. Beginning spring 2017, you can clean and freeze your fish in our brand new fish house.
* Local wildlife you are likely to see include: many species of birds, ducks, geese, loons, bald eagles, deer, and great blue herons. Occasionally we also see beaver, otters, raccoons, and red fox.
* Cabin comes with a fishing boat or a dock slot for your own boat.
Maple Cabin at Nystrom's Resort is great for people, but not for pets. 2-footed guests only.
Our location on Indian Point is great if you just want to stay put, but it's also ideal if you want to get out and shop or see the sights in the Birchwood, Rice Lake or Hayward areas.
Why not come and make some great memories here? We and our guests have been doing that since 1942.