A perennial VOV favourite that just gets better with age!
Matured like a fine wine to be sipped and savoured by its guests and ravishingly renovated in late 2019 to maintain (and exceed!) the high standards expected during your stay, the charming Ca’ Belle Arti sits on the 1st floor of a little ‘casa’ in the heart of Dorsoduro beside the tranquil Campo Sant’ Agnese.
Within minutes of the Accademia Bridge/Galleries, the Palazzo Cini Gallery and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection and just a few steps (via a short ‘sotoportego’) to the stunning Zattere promenade along the glittering Giudecca Canal, this evergreen apartment boasts 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, plus Wi-Fi and air-conditioning to keep you connected, comfy and cool.
Welcoming in ambience, timeless in decor and putting relaxation at the heart of the house, the ‘sleeps 4’ Ca’ Belle Arti is both cosy and stylish and comprises:
• A private front entrance leading directly into the apartment’s vestibule hallway with a handy laundry room equipped with a washing machine situated to the rear.
A short staircase rising up to the 1st (main) floor, where you’ll find:
• Attractively presented in co-ordinated neutral colours, a splendid open-plan main sitting room/kitchen/dining area offering plenty of space for everyone to be together and showcasing characterful wooden beams overhead, a pair of tall windows to the fore letting in plenty of light with custom-built cabinetry beneath, a series of sepia architectural wall-prints set above a squishy sofa and double sofa bed furnished with cushions galore, a compact yet fully-fitted kitchen with all the necessary appliances for easy self-catering, and a dining space with ample seating as part of the kitchen.
And just to the side of the main room:
• A bright and elegantly presented master bedroom with a tall beamed ceiling, a pair of windows facing the campo, warm wooden flooring underfoot to match that of the sitting room, a walk-in wardrobe, a comfortable double bed (which can be made into twins upon request) and an en suite bathroom with modern shower.
While tucked away peacefully to the rear of Ca’ Belle Arti sits:
• The masterfully upgraded 2nd bedroom ¬– more ‘bijou’ than the master – charmingly decked out in restful eau-de-nil and furnished with a custom-built single wardrobe to each side of its well-dressed double bed.
And completing the accommodation towards the centre of the apartment:
• Ca’ Belle Arti’s 2nd bathroom with modern fittings and a bathtub with shower over.
Are you part of a larger group who’d like to stay close together but in separate apartments? We offer another gorgeous apartment just a few steps away: Ca’ Dell’ Ulivo
A much-loved apartment with a very loyal following, newly renovated and peacefully placed in one of Venice’s most select residential locales (and situated right at the foot of the sleepy little calle where, in a scene from the classic 1955 must-watch David Lean film ‘Summertime’, Katharine Hepburn and her street urchin companion laugh as they cool themselves down in the waters of the neighbourhood fountain!)
Close to the Church of the Gesuati (Santa Maria del Rosario), the Church of Santa Maria Della Salute, the Punta Della Dogana Museum of Contemporary Art and to a great choice of eating places including the well-reviewed Ristorante Agli Alboretti approaching the Accademia Bridge via the avenue of Oleander that is the Rio Tera Foscarini; the famous gelataria Da Nico; the popular and long-standing Trattoria Ai Cugnai and Corner Pub; the Osteria Al Squero and Cantinone Gia Schiavi - Al Bottegon (both perfect for spritz and ‘cicheti’); the upscale Ai Gondolieri behind the Guggenheim and the equally upscale Ristorante Riviera overlooking the Zattere; or for something simpler, Oke with its mind-boggling variety of eat-in or takeaway pizza.
Also within a short canal-side walk of the well-stocked Conad supermarket at the western end of the Zattere for all your self-catering needs, and minutes to 2 vaporetto (water bus) stops – ‘Zattere’ to the south and ‘Accademia’ to the north – plus only 1 minute to the Alilaguna boat stop connecting the Zattere to Venice's Marco Polo Airport.