About this rental
Gorgeous 6 Bedroom, 4 1/2 Bath Historically detailed home made for entertaining
Rooms and beds
Bedrooms: 6(People: 16)
Bathrooms: 4, Separate WCs: 1
Toilet · Shower
Toilet · Bath · Shower
Toilet · Bath with shower · Shower
Toilet · Bath with shower
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Check in after 4:00 PM
Check out before 10:00 AM
Maximum overnight guests: 16
Minimum age to rent: 24
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (e.g. countertops, light switches, handles and taps)
Cleaned with disinfectant
Hosted by Susan PierceAsk a question
About Susan Pierce
• I grew up here in this upscale bedroom community just west of Washington, DC. My husband (an aerospace engineer) and I bought this property in 1989 because the lot and location were so nice. I am an architect and we founded, and for 35+ years have owned, a design/build construction company in nearby. We build new homes and remodel existing homes into beautiful, livable, showpieces. See our Thirty plus 5-star reviews for: Restored Double Log Cabin on 400 Mountain Acres, listing #380225. • I caught the Southern entertaining bug from my grandmother who lived in Charlottesville, VA, and I thoroughly enjoy providing a delightful venue for family, friends, and colleagues to get away from home to enjoy themselves and each other. We have done lots of entertaining here for friends, chamber of commerce, Rotary, and other groups. • Our kids have now graduated from college, and as we simplify, we are making our home available for others to enjoy • Please NOTE: We have a small, completely self-contained living space with separate entrance on the lowest level, and we have one cat. This space is not included in your rental fee. We MAY be staying there during your rental period. Garage and some bedroom closets also are not included in the rental. They are locked/inaccessible to guests, because they contain owner's belongings.
Susan Pierce purchased this House in 1989
Why Susan Pierce chose Tysons
• It feels like home (a really nice home) for family reunions and family vacations in the historic Washington District of Columbia area! • We like the large lot because it feels more private than most. • It's so conveniently located to area transportation; major roads, Metro rail, airports.
What makes this House unique
• People marvel and ask “How old is this house?” expecting 100+ years, because of the style and detailing. They’re always surprised to hear that it was completed within the last decade. Thus, it is designed for contemporary lifestyles, while evoking the grandeur of the past. It is extremely well insulated which minimizes outside noise and makes it as cozy as it can possibly be. • It is just 20 minutes to the nations capital! (Plan around rush hour, though) • It is convenient to… well… just - everything. It’s on a main street, not hidden back in a neighborhood – it is just minutes from the major arteries in the area. • It is particularly well set-up for entertaining (registered guests only - no parties/weddings/events, per County regulations)
- English, Hablo un poquito Espaniol