Dog Friendly Vacation House / Cabin at a Winery & Vineyard !
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Come enjoy a get-away weekend in the heart of North Carolina wine country, sample some great wines, walk in the vineyards, and relax with the spectacular sunsets over the Blue Ridge Mountains. We are dog-friendly, with a great fenced-in play area! Located just off I-77 and I-74 near Mt Airy, and only 9 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway, our winery house at Round Peak Vineyards is a great stopping point even if you are just passing through! A free wine tasting for up to 10 people is included.
In May 2011 we renovated the winery house, remodeling both bathrooms, adding a 4th bedroom, and opening up the floor plan to create a great venue for parties of 6-10 people to relax and have fun.
Round Peak Vineyards is located in the Yadkin Valley AVA, sitting at 1300 ft. in elevation in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We currently have 13 acres of vineyards producing 8 French and Italian varietals. All of our award-winning wines are estate bottled, using only the grapes grown in our vineyard. Come taste our award-winning wines and tour our winery! Then enjoy the many activities in the surround areas, including over 30 nearby wineries.
Keywords: Wine, Winery, Vineyard, Mountain Biking, Biking, Hiking, dog friendly
- 2400 sq. ft.
- Chateau / Country House
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Our winery house, situated on the 30 acre grounds of Round Peak Vineyards, has been upgraded and is now available for rental. With 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and two additional pull-out futons, the Winery House can sleep up to 8 people. It has a back deck and grill, and large screen TV with dish network. More importantly, you can take walks and enjoy a glass of wine in the gazebo situated in the middle of the vineyard, or just relax on the back deck and watch the sun set over the Blue Ridge Mountains. Walk, jog, or mountain bike on our trails throughout the property....moreless
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Free Long Distance
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Winery Tours
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Round Peak Vineyards is located at the junction of I-77 & I-74 near Mt. Airy, a perfect stop on your travels North or South, or as a break on the way to the NC / SC beaches. We are in the Yadkin Valley, near more than 30 other wineries. Mount Airy is the home of Andy Griffith and famous for being the town used as a model for Mayberry. Take a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway, only nine miles away, for some spectacular views. The area is the birthplace of the Round Peak style of Fiddling, with many events during the year....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Winter (Nov 01-Mar 31) .. $325/night, $550 for 2 nights. $1100/week. $3500/month Summer (Apr 01-Oct 31). $425/night, $650 for 2 nights. $1300/week. $4500/month Extra nights $150. Taxes 14% (8% state, 6% Surry County Accomodations tax). Pets no additional charge ($100 security deposit required)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: Hi everyone! We are Kari Heerdt and Ken Gulaian, and as the owners of Round Peak Vineyards, we'd like to introduce ourselves and our team. We met in Cincinnati in 1998 when we both worked for General Electric. We moved to Charlotte, NC in 2000 for a new job opportunity, loved it, and decided North Carolina was where we would stay. Careers got in the way though, and in 2006 we moved to San Francisco for Kari's work. This proved to be instrumental since it resulted in a lot of time spent enjoying wine in Napa, Sonoma, and especially the Dry Creek Valley. We particularly enjoyed the small family owned wineries. When we got the chance to return to North Carolina in 2008, again for Kari's work, we jumped at the chance. Ken had already decided it was time to give up the corporate world, and when we found out there was an opportunity to own a winery in North Carolina, we couldn't resist! After visiting, being impressed with the wines, and seeing the spectacular views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, we decided to take the challenge.
Why the Owner Chose Mount Airy:
When we purchased the winery, we saw the potential to create a really unique rental opportunity, where you can stay right in the heart of wine country, relax and enjoy some fantastic views, but still get out and participate in the many activities in the region. We spent a year upgrading the house, and the surrounding area, to make it an ideal place for a group to stay.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
If your a wine lover, we are committed to making the best possible wines, and we hope you'll come and experience Round Peak Vineyards, visit some of the numerous North Carolina Wineries, and check out all that the area has to offer! If you're not a wine lover, hopefully we can convert you!
- Primary: (336) 352-5595
- Secondary: (704) 699-3972 (North Carolina, USA)
Sunset Over the Mountains
Back of house and screened-in porch.
View from the Back Deck
Our Gazebo in the Middle of the Vineyards
Front of house
Rear of house with deck and screened porch
The Winery and Tasting Room
Back deck of Winery
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Wednesday, June 05, 2013