Were about 3 minutes up the road from the Wandermere Golf Course.
BEFORE BOOKING, PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION TERMS & CONDITIONS BELOW.
*MAX capacity of 6 people (including guests and visitors).
*You will be required to sign a short-term rental agreement and to provide ID prior to arrival.
RIVER-FRONT STORYBOOK LOG CABIN.
This is the most Beautiful Setting in Spokane. Narnia or a fairy tale might be the best way to describe this place… Drive through everything familiar and with a ride down a mountain road be taken to another place completely. In majestic trees, on the river, by the woods, with a large covered deck and Panoramic views.
Smell fresh Pine needles of 150 year old Ponderosa & Jeffrey Pine trees. Be lulled to sleep by the sound of gentle river rapids and nature on a summer night. Kayak down the river for an early morning adventure. Relax in a hot bubbling Caldera Spa that overlooks the river. Enjoy the smell of fresh cut manicured lawns. - 4 minutes to grocery, theater, restaurants, shopping, Golf Course, 35 minutes to ski resorts
Take a hike in the woods, watch hummingbirds, go to the beach in Coeur d'Alene or gaze at the stars
The cozy and clean luxurious StoryBook Log Cabin has two bedrooms, each with a popular Queen-sized memory foam Mattress which allows for very comfortable sleeping and just hanging out, We provide clean sheets and pillow cases. Plenty of blankets are also provided. The other "beds" are two (2) very comfortable roll-away beds (31”x75”).
• In the Home Theater, we have a new 70” Ultra 4K Flat Screen TV, a Blu-Ray/DVD player. We also include Xfinity cable TV with about 240 channels to choose from.
• High-speed Wi-Fi is provided throughout home.
• Prepare meals in our BRAND NEW GOURMET KITCHEN. This chef's kitchen is fully equipped with all dishes and utensils needed to cook. Plus there is a large breakfast area with a drop leaf table as well as a separate formal dining room.
• NEW ALL STAINLESS STEEL appliances are provided including: A professional 5-burner gas range, forced-air circulation CONVECTION oven, built-in microwave, dishwasher, Stainless French Door refrigerator with ice-maker, Granite counter tops, deep double granite sink, smoothie/drink blender, coffee maker; and, of course, a bagel toaster.
• Feel the radiating warmth from this home's two (2) gas burning fireplaces and there is a separate forced air central heating and air-conditioning system.
• Savor the great outside aroma of cooking using our Outdoor gas BBQ. (Located on deck next to dining area).
DETAILED PROPERTY FEATURES:
1 - State-of-the-art “NEST” SMART central FORCED HEATING and AIR CONDITIONING. Set the perfect temperature.
2 - NEW OUTDOOR SPA.
Submerse yourself in our new hot bubbling 6-person Spa; relax, let any problems simply melt away.
3 - PRIVATE HOME THEATER. Experience movies and sporting events like never before with our new HUGE MONSTER SIX (6) FOOT 4K HDTV home theater. Our TV has the same resolution as a movie theater and four (4) times the resolution of a high-definition television (HDTV). Enjoy new custom Leather Cinema Recliners plus an amazing Dolby/DTS 2.1 Surround Sound system.
4 - HDTV Cable TELEVISION:
Includes new Xfinity DVR (Digital Video Recorder) to record your favorite shows & Sporting Events while you are out shopping, exploring and hiking!
5 - HIGH SPEED CABLE WIFI INTERNET is included.
6 - SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS:
Bedroom 1: 1 queen bed + 1 single bed (roll-away)*
Bedroom 2: 1 queen bed + 1 single bed (roll-away)*
*Roll-away beds measure 31"x75", and may be set up throughout home.
7 - LAUNDRY ROOM:
There is a separate laundry room that provides storage and New full size Washer and Dryer.
8 - Cabin has ONE (1) BATHROOM...
It is completely remodeled, everything is new. We provide towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, a hair blow-dryer, etc.
9 - OUR CABIN is ideal for 1 to 6 persons MAXIMUM.
10 – COVERED OBSERVATORY DECK:
Enjoy our beautiful Observatory deck. Soft lighting for night time social and game activities. Surrounded by majestic trees. A Gas BBQ is provided.
In day time experience the wide variety of wildlife; including: many varieties of fish in the River, Fox, Eagles, Tree Squirrels jumping high-above from tree-top to tree-top, Moose, Otters, Deer and Canadian Geese foraging in the River.
11 - STORYBOOK RIVER HOUSE… Experience crisp mountain air and being surrounded by a forest environment that is teaming with wildlife. If you're into wildlife watching and/or photography, this is a great place for both! Enjoy the natural beauty, privacy, Lakes, River, abundant hiking and biking trails. Winery’s are nearby downtown Spokane. Gentle snowfall in winter months. Brilliant fall colors, cool spring temperatures, summer warmth, and cold mountain spring water! Only a 3 minute drive to Spokane shopping. Close to everything. Crisp, clear night skies display millions of stars and shooting stars, a family get-away that's great for the kids; or a quiet, secluded romantic honeymoon hide-away...
LITTLE SPOKANE RIVER...
Don’t be fooled by the name - The Little Spokane River is a 35-mile long hidden treasure. A popular fly-fishing destination, the Little Spokane contains native rainbow trout, introduced brown trout, suckerfish, brook trout and mountain whitefish. If you’re not an angler, the Little Spokane runs through Riverside State Park and offers miles of hiking trails. Try the loop beginning at Painted Rocks in the Little Spokane Natural Area where you can find views of Long Lake and the Spokane River.
Our Log Cabin opens to the outdoors for views and direct exposure to the forest. This exposure to nature provides a wonderful inspirational relaxing effect. The Japanese call it 'Shinrin-Yoku' which translates to 'forest bathing'. The idea is simple: If a person visits a natural area and walks in a relaxed way, there are calming, rejuvenating and restorative benefits to be achieved. Studies have documented reduced stress, lower blood sugar, better concentration, diminished pain, and improved immunity...
Taking in the forest atmosphere has become a cornerstone of preventive health care and healing in Japanese medicine. Researchers have established a robust body of scientific literature on the health benefits of spending time under the canopy of a living forest. Many trees give off organic compounds that support “NK” (natural killer) cells that are part of our immune system's way of fighting cancer.
JOHN MUIR wrote:
“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home... Wilderness is a necessity.”
IF YOU ENJOY A KAYAK OR CANOE ...
Bring it with you; and, walk from our Log Cabin a few feet to the Little Spokane River and launch it; or, use the Little Spokane River shuttle service for paddlers starts on Saturday July 4 and runs Saturdays, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., through Sept. 5. Shuttle is operated by Spokane Parks and Recreation Department to reunite river paddlers with their vehicles.
The van will run between the Nine Mile take-out and the St. George’s put-in. Cost: $8 per person. Vehicles parked at either of the access points must have a Discover Pass.
Parking area is limited to a MAXIMUM OF FOUR (4) CARS.
Rates are based on two (2) guests; Add $12 PER PERSON per night exceeding two.
* Per person charge includes normal extra cleaning costs. Prior to your arrival, we provide LINEN SERVICE. It is determined by the number of registered Guests in your party. Your registered guests determine the correct number of beds to be made-up with linens, sheets blankets and pillows. Additional towels are also provided based on the number of registered Guests in your party.
* Pets and smoking are NOT allowed on the property.
There is a $250 fine if you or anyone in your party smokes in the house.
Pet disclaimer: There is a strict no pets policy... Many people have allergies to pets and a violation of this policy requires costly cleaning on my part. Please be respectful of this policy and our other guests.
* ADDITIONAL PERSONS POLICY: There have been a few issues with guests whom have not been honest about the number of people in their party so I'd like to be very clear about this policy. We will always try to be as accommodating as possible so if you have a special request please ask. That said if you do not honestly state the number of people in your party including visitors it will result in a loss of your damage deposit and potential additional cleaning charges.
* PLEASE LET US KNOW AT LEAST A WEEK IN ADVANCE IF THE NUMBER OF GUESTS CHANGES...
a. NO SMOKING or PETS allowed in the house or anywhere on property.
There is a $250 fine if you or anyone in your party smokes in the house.
b. NO OPEN FLAME candles allowed in house or anywhere in the property.
c. You must be at least 25 years of age in order to make a reservation. Otherwise, please contact us prior to making a reservation.
d. Prior to making a reservation please state in writing to us... If there is a special event or group gathering function planned and if any additional persons (other than registered guests) will be invited during your stay. Thank you.
*CHECK-IN time is 4:00PM.
*CHECK-OUT time is 11:00AM no exceptions.
We’d love to have you stay at our River-Front Story Book Cottage. Take leisurely walks on gentle paths under a forest canopy to help open your senses, hone your intuition, and experience the forest and the River as you never have before…
TO MAKE A RESERVATION Simply Click... Book It
Guest access is for the entire house.
To check our availability, click on the "Request to Book" link. And yes, if it isn't available, it is already booked!
If you want to stay here but can't find an open date, check out our other listing.