Luxury Villa Overlooking Beach-Private Pool, Wi--Fi, Uk TV(32 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5-7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, sleeps 8- own pool, large lounge, dining and kitchen
Ferragudo Village with its elevated structure and whitewashed houses, still provides all that's good about tradition and yet manages to meet the demands of its visitors without disruption. We are pleased to welcome back guests time and again.
Getting to Ferragudo: We have guests who arrive at both Faro Airport, Seville and Lisbon. The villa is about 45 minutes drive from Faro and we can organise for you to be met at the airport if you do not wish to hire a car. Car hire is not essential but collection is easily organised at the airport or can be arranged locally in Ferragudo. Some clients are met at the airport and taken to the villa and then hire a car locally for a few days only, if they wish to get out and about. For clients coming into Lisbon and Seville, the drive is about three hours and motorway most of the way. If you decide to drive, we provide information before you travel on directions to the villa.
Train is an option from Faro to Portimao or Ferrugudo but be aware that whilst the trains are traditional and clean in true Portuguese relaxed and chilled style, they do take a little time to get you to your destination.
There isn't a month that isn't beautiful in this location. In the winter months the bright sunny days are beautiful for long walks or for just sitting around in the village square having coffee and light refreshments. In the early months of the year there are often local festivals and it's a joy to see the local residents and their families enjoying the activity. Visitors are always made to feel welcome.
The villa is close to Alamos Golf; Alto, Gramacho Golf; Palmares, Penina, Pinta, Vale De Milho and Vale de Lobo golf resorts. We have clients who return to our villa year after year to play, some of them having other family members who prefer to go to the beach whilst the gofers go off blissfully knowing that they have as long as they need to play a round or two of golf. Some of the go.fing enthusiasts take their partners along with them to the golf resort and surprise their partners with lovely pampering sessions in the resort spa or beauty salon.
Activities for the family: The villa overlooks the beach and is within easy access of water sport facilities, a marina, zoos, marine parks, aqua playgrounds, diving, fishing, sailing, golf and horse riding. The beach is long and wide, the sea on the local beach is usually calm and safe for children to swim unlike some of the smaller beaches which surround the coastline. There are four excellent, family orientated beach cafes/bars offering good refreshments and sun umbrellas and lounge chairs if that is what is wanted. Beach volleyball and kite flying can also be seen frequently at the end of the day when the sun is going down. If one is really lucky, you will see a past Portuguese kite windsurfing champions in action on the Praire Grande beach, (the local beach).
From Ferragudo quayside, a small boat will take you for a few euros across to the Portimao marina where you can enjoy more restaurants, a luxurious beach facility or just a stroll along another beach boardwalk. Great for adults and children.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2005
- 1900 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
We have families who bring little babies, toddlers, young children and teenagers to our villa every year. The property is well equipped and the beach and village has something for everyone....moreless
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- The Master bedroom has King size + bed, headboard, bedside tables, two chairs, dressing table/draw unit and mirror, all matching with fitted wardrobes with patio doors leading out to terrace and beach/sea view. Master family bathroom. Second bedroom has King size+ bed, headboard, bedside tables, dressing table/draw unit and mirror all matching, with fitted wardrobes. Bathroom ensuite. Window and Patio doors leading out to terrace and sea and beach views. One twin bedded room with matching headboards, bedside tables, dressing table/draw unit, decorative table and chairs and fitted wardrobes. Bathroom ensuite. Patio doors leading out to terrace and tropical style garden. Beach and sea views also. One twin bedded room with headboards, bedside tables, dressing table and mirror all matching and fitted wardrobes with patio doors leading out to terrace and tropical style garden. + bathroom adjacent Two travel cots are available. Larger cots can be hired by our guests if required...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- There is a large master/family bathroom with corner bath and shower facility, WC and bidet and two sink units set in large marble surface/cabinet storage area. There are three further shower/bathroom facilities, two ensuite and the other just outside of one of the bedrooms all with toilet, sink and shower units. One bathroom facility for each bedroom...moreless
- We operate a strict NO SMOKING POLICY within the house. We have our own housekeeper who comes into the villa several times a week to clean. Bathroom towels are changed mid-week and at weekends. There is ample wardrobe space in all bedrooms, all of which are of a very good size. All bed linen and towels are provided for BUT BEACH AND POOL TOWELS are provided by clients. There are two travel COTs in the villa. If a full sized cot is required, we can hire this for our client. The swimming pool (size 7.5m x 3.5m) is located on the secluded private mid terrace level. Sunbeds are located in this area so parents and friends can relax but keep an eye on children whilst they swim. If relaxation out of the sun is what is required, the pool lounge off of the pool terrace, provides just that. A utility room has a washing machine and an additional fridge freezer. THERE IS A BARBECUE ON THE SWIMMING POOL TERRACE FOR THOSE SELF CATERING AT THE HOUSE OUR WEBSITE SHOWS YOU MORE INFORMATION...moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- CD Player
- DVD Player
Not so much a games room but a pool terrace room which is good for those who sometimes wish to sit in the cool, just off of the pool area or for children to play in where parents can see them....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Stove:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 5 - Mar 24, 2017
5 night min stay
Mar 25 - May 26, 2017
7 night min stay
May 27 - Jul 7, 2017
7 night min stay
Jul 8 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 2 - Oct 28, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
A 30% deposit is required on booking, with the balance payable no later than eight weeks prior to the start of your holiday. Changes to booking arrangements should be advised in writing and whilst every effort will be made to accommodate a request, unfortunately no guarantees can be given. Fees once paid are non refundable unless the property is relet.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Ferragudo in the Algarve is a charming and picturesque location that remains true to its Portuguese fishing village roots retaining traditional charm but yet close to the larger resorts of Portimao, Praia de Rocha, Lagos, Carvoeiro and Silves. Faro airport is just a short distance away and Lisbon is also another easy access route for international travellers. The heart of the village centres around the square which is only a short stroll away from the villa. With wonderful beaches, golf and sailing facilities, as well as the opportunities for long walks with breathtaking views, it's a wonderful location and ideal for those wanting a luxury self catering villa in a great location.. Local restaurants and bars provide good food and traditional entertainment. For those self catering but wishing variety, Portimao Marina restaurants are an excellent alternative to eating in the surroundings of Ferragudo village. WE ALSO HAVE OUR OWN WEBSITE, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DETAILS.
Other Activities: Kite surfing, sailing, diving, tennis, golf
Golf: Already an area renowned for its golf, big game fishing, saliling and scuba diving.
Portugal provides an all year round climate which facilitates the golfing fraternity. Early morning and late afternoon golf is excellent in the summer months and with the mild winter climate, there is no restriction to what time of day a round of golf can be played in the other months throughout the year.
A great selection of courses are all within easy reach of our villa such as The Pinta and Gramacho courses at neighbouring Carvoeiro which is only five minutes away, as well as just a slightly longer drive to the championship course of Penina. There is over 20 courses within a 40 minute drive.
Keen golfers find that the location of this villa is ideal to combine both a beach and a golfing holiday and it also works well for partners and children who do not participate in the sport. Something for everyone.
One of the latest attractions is the Algarve International Racing Circuit (Autodromo International de Portimao) which hosts F1 and the superbike sports. Only a short drive away from this circuit our villa is well positioned to accommodate people who will be attending events at this premier race track. It's good to know that 2014 will attract this event again and the clients who attend.
About the owner: We are very busy people and have travelled to many locations around the world both on business and for holidays. We have had a property in Ferragudo for several years because it is for us an ideal location to relax, chill out and enjoy ourselves in a lovely climate right by the sea with our children, grandchildren and friends.
Why the Owner Chose Ferragudo, Portugal:
It overlooks the sea and a large sandy beach. Just a short stroll to the village means that everything is easily accessible. The local village has a local community and vibrant, relaxing and traditional. It's quite unique. There is always something to see from the windows, of the villa, fishing vessels coming back from sea, yachts making their way to the Marina. Children playing on the beach and of course the beautiful little village square surrounded by local restaurants, shops and cafes. Still very traditional and a place occupied by very nice, friendly Portuguese families.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Big villa, very comfortable with great views across the bay. The location is prime and facilities are within walking distance. We have the best of both worlds, a private swimming pool and wonderful beach. It's rare that one can find the benefits of private pool, beach on the doorstep, sea views and all within the closest walking proximity of a charming traditional village with good restaurants, cafes and lovely local people.
- Primary: +44 07767 353109 Any Time
- Secondary: +44 O7836 210432 Any Time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The beach & Castle opposite our villa
Mid terrace view
View overlooking beach from lounge
One of four bedrooms, terrace garden and facing the beach
lounge room off of pool terrace
Our local beach - Praia Grande
Kalu Bar - Praia Grande Beach
Our local Praia Grande Beach
lounge with beach and sea views
Watch the boats go by from the dining area
Lounge at night
Swimming pool terrace
Master Bedroom overlooking beach & castle
One of four bedrooms, garden terrace and beach views
Ferragudo village quayside
One of our local beach restaurants NAU
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.