Large Cape Town Apartments 10 Min from the City and Beaches(12 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Apartment, 2 Bedrooms , 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4)
Our self-catering apartment is set in an historic manor house near Sea Point in Cape Town, 10 minutes from the beaches of Camps Bay and Clifton, the V& A Waterfront and the City centre.The location is extremely well placed according to our previous guests.
• This gracious, four star turn-of-the-century establishment lies just off the hustle and bustle of Sea Point’s Main Road in one of the quiet suburban streets of Fresnaye, in Cape Town.
The house interior is contemporary, with large apartments not often seen in modern rental buildings.
The Apartment has:
• modern fully equipped kitchen and 2 bathrooms
• cable television
• free Wi Fi access
. Free servicing of the apartment daily, weekdays.
Apartment No 3
The apartment includes:
• 2 large bedrooms – sleeping 4
• 2 bathrooms, one en suite
• large open plan dining/lounge
• private balcony
• 1st bedroom – large room with, king-size bed, and a beautiful en suite bathroom with walk in shower, hand basin and toilet
• 2nd bedroom – stunningly furnished room with king-size bed, own ornamental fireplace .
• 1st bathroom en suite to main bedroom, has large shower, hand basin and toilet
• 2nd romantic bathroom, includes the original Victorian bath, separate shower, heated towel rails, hand basin and toilet
• Lounge is large and tastefully furnished with direct access to a large balcony
• kitchen: modern, fully equipped; including large fridge, hob, dishwasher, oven and microwave
• Off-street parking behind electronic gates for 3 cars, subject to availability
• Apartment serviced 5 days a week
• Laundry service
• Breakfast/coffee bar near by
• Barbecue in charming courtyard garden,
Woolworths, convenience quality store just 5 minutes’ away
• Free Wi Fi access
• DSTV/Satellite TV
• Electronic access to property
Barry Hall Apartments are situated in a quiet, suburban street just off trendy Sea Point’s Main Road, in Fresnaye – a fashionable suburb set on the slopes of Lion’s Head.
Fresnaye has easy access to the City, Camps Bay/Clifton beaches and V & A Waterfront.
Close by, within easy walking distance
• Coffee bar next door
• Restaurants and take aways on Sea Point’s Main Road
• 3 Olympic size swimming pools on Sea Point’s beach front
• Sea Point’s promenade –the length of Sea Point’s beach front
• Woolworths for quality, pre-prepared food
• Checkers – large, supermarket
• Hertz car hire
• Medical center next door
10 minutes drive away
• City Center - bohemian Long Street, fashionable Kloof Street, St Georges
• V&A Waterfront
• Topless bus ride from V&A Waterfront
• Cape Spirit City Walk through the City Bowl
• Camps Bay & Clifton
• Bo Kaap, the historic Cape Malay quarter, and local cuisine
• Table Mountain cable way
• Robben Island
• Boulders beach and the local penguin colony
• Historic Simonstown
• Constantia Wine Route
• Durbanville Wine Route
• Darling - wild flowers,
• Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
• Cape Point Nature Reserve
Other 1 and 3 bedroom apartments in the building are also available
Keywords: Historic Manor House , 5 large apartments
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- On floor 2
- 122 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- The apartments are serviced daily, weekdays, by our freindly housekeepers leaving you free to spend your time exploring Cape Town. We also offer an in house laundry service at a nominal cost. Our courtyard garden is a favourite to meet other guests, have a barbeque, or just relax in the deck chairs, alternatively relax on your private balcony....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Beach View:
- Golf Course Front:
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 11 - Apr 30, 2017
2 night min stay
May 1 - Sep 30, 2017
2 night min stay
Oct 1 - Dec 14, 2017
2 night min stay
Dec 15 - Jan 10, 2018
2 night min stay
Mid Season 2018
Jan 11 - Apr 30, 2018
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
We have 4 different seasons, rates vary according to season, average rate is R2720
30% deposit to secure your booking, balance payable on arrival
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Long Street with its many interesting shops, restaurants and bars is 10 min drive away, the V & A Waterfront with its many shops and activities is a major Cape Town attraction, go in the opposite direction for 10 minutes and Camps Bay with its famous beach, lively night life and numerous restaurants is a favourite of many of our visitors.
. Sea Point's Main Road is located at the end of the road with all its interesting coffee shops, shops, banks etc can found. The Sea Point kilometer long Beach front promenade is 5 min walk away, and excellent place to watch and meet the locals get their daily exercise.
The best deli in Cape Town New York bagel is 5 min walk away. Enjoy a great breakfast, or buy your own take away.
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: My husband and I fell in love with a wonderful historic Manor House which had been sadly neglected. We set about restoring it to its full former glory dating back to 1898 retaining the outside facade and leaded windows and numerous other features and built totally new bathrooms, kitchens etc. My husband's background in the architectural field combined with my former work at Scandianvian Airlines in Copenhagen led us to make an improptu decision to share our apartments with travelers from all over the World, and to offer them a home from home in Cape Town. It has been great fun, and we look forward to continue sharing Danish/South African hospitality with our guests.
Why the Owner Chose Sea Point (Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa):
With its (nearly) perfect weather, windfree area, and location mid way between the City and Camps bay and Clifton beaches Barry Hall Apartments is an ideal base from which to explore Cape Town. Barry Hall is located in the Jewish part of town and is within walking distance to shops, beachfront promenade and synagogues.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The large spacious apartments are rarely found in modern rental buildings today, and all the buildings rich decor from another era makes the building a special place to visit. Our cozy courtyard garden is a tranquil place to enjoy el fresco dining under the pergola, relax in a deckchair, or make a barbeque/braai. The apartments are serviced daily, weekdays by our housekeeper Zoliwe and her assistant, they will do your laundry too, leaving you free to enjoy all Cape Town has to offer. Free internet connection in your own apartment.
- Primary: +27 828516979 weekdays between 830-7 pm
- Tertiary: +27 828516979
- Fax: +27 865498637 email fax
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Courtyard garden Pergola
Entrance Barry Hall
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.