Bach or holiday home, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathrooms, (Sleeps 6)
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6 (sleeps up to 6 adults)
- Please take all rubbish away with you.
- Please take all recyclables away with you.
Nice and cosy. Just what we needed!
Private family sanctuary
We loved the Kent fire, kept us very warm. Loved the view. Loved the family friendly Bach.
Left feeling refreshed. Leigh is very special place. Would definitely stay again.
A cosy rustic Bach, was as advertised. Had a welcome break there, with fire going as a storm raged outside. Doris was easy to communicate with with all the relevant information provided.
Nice place. Good value.
Beautiful location for the whole family
Great place for the whole family. Cosy but still spacious. Has everything you need to entertain the kids from swimming (2min drive), snorkeling, bars and restaurants and indoor activities for wet weather too. Very clean and tidy and loved the kiwiana feel to it.
Some Local Attractions
- Matheson’s Bay (2 mins drive)– family friendly with playground and safe swimming
- Goat Island Marine Reserve (5 mins drive) – fantastic fish life for snorkeling, explore rock pools, Glass Bottom Boat, Marine Discovery Centre, walk along beach towards Pakiri or along cliff tops towards Cape Rodney.
- Pakiri (15-20 mins drive)– surf, long walks
- Omaha (12 mins drive)– surf and beach patrol, boat launching, estuary, beach and board walk
- Tawharanui Regional Park (20 mins drive) - surf, walks, natural beauty! Predator-free fence with amazing bird life.
- Fishing - at Leigh wharf for sprats or at Ti Point wharf for sprats and larger fish
- Ti Point Reptile Park
- Glass Bottom Boat
- Matakana Farmers Market – Saturday morning 8am -1pm
- Matakana Vintage Market – Sunday morning
- Matakana Country Park, on corner of turn off to Omaha
- Pakiri Beach Horse rides
- Morris and James Pottery
- Brick Bay Sculpture trail
- Matakana wine trail
- Matakana cinema
- Leigh coastal walkway
- Leigh Harbour walkway
- Mathesons Bay Bush walk
- Goat Island walkway
- Ti Point walkway
- Pakiri beach
- Mt Tamahunga
Local places to eat:
- Sawmill Café
- Leigh Bar
- Leigh Eats
- Numerous cafes and wineries between Leigh and Warkworth.
What makes this House unique
Traditional kiwi bach experience