Relax, fireplace, panoramic sauna, lounge with outdoor fireplace, garden, barrier-free
- english, german
Pool / Spa
Max guests: 14
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
It's not really a holiday destination, but you can have a great holiday here!
We had a great week here for our family reunion. The best aspects for us were:
1. Very comfortable, well-equipped, clean property.
2. The kids loved the garden and outdoor games (table tennis, badminton, football goal).
3. Good facilities within walking distance:
- A well-stocked Lidl (and other shops) just down the road.
- Great trampoline place about 10 mins walk away (12 Euros for an hour).
- Lovely outdoor swimming pool with loads of space around it, water slide,
diving boards etc. - only 3 Euros for adults and free for the kids!
Chilly water in the morning, but it warms up in the afternoon.
About 25 mins walk into town.
- There's a pleasant walking route to the train station through countryside
(aim for the trampoline place, keep going, then turn left onto the path).
Takes about 25 mins.
4. Rothenburg ob der Tauber is a real treasure (about 30 mins on the train).
We loved walking round the city walls, soaking up the atmosphere in the
market square and chilling-out in the Castle garden.
5. Nice walks in the woods - but although the garden is next to them, you
need to walk for 15 mins on the roads to reach the main path in.
6. Charming hosts (Daniela and Rainer) who were very helpful and speak excellent English.
For eating out we had good meals at:
- The German restaurant at the far (north) end of town. It's on a corner,
I can't remember its name.
- The Greek restaurant (on the right just as you go through the arch into the old town).
If you need a taxi, ask Daniela for Herr Arndt's number. Nice man.
Also, he now knows where the Gluck house is, which will help you :-)
Our only suggestions for improvement at the property are very minor:
- Perhaps add a mirror and a bin in each room.
- A good simple cheese grater would have helped my spaghetti bolognese.
- A bit more clothes-hanging space in some rooms (more hooks) would help.
Two things for other guests to note:
A. On the HomeAway paperwork, it looks like the 200 Euros breakages deposit
is included in what you've paid. It isn't!
B. Unlike in the UK, you get charged separately for the electricity and water
(90 Euros for us).
In summary, Germany and its people made a great impression on us. Despite
the UK's stupid Brexit nonsense, almost everyone we met was kind and helpful,
and very forgiving of our rather weak German language skills.
(Apart from the train lady at the station who just watched as we struggled to
work the ticket machine!)
Wunderbare Tage mit 11 Personen (3 Generationen)
Alles an dem Haus, der Küche, den Zimmern, dem großen Garten, dem Grill und der Sauna ist in einwandfreiem Zustand. Es macht riesig Freude hier Urlaubstage zu verbringen. Die Vermieter sind sehr nett, aufgeschlossen und hilfsbereit.
Wir hatten eine schöne Zeit.
Una casa molto bella e molto ben accessoriata, posizione ottima per gli spostamenti.
Abbiamo soggiornato in tre famiglie, dodici persone in tutto. Ci siamo trovati molto bene. Comodo anche il fatto di avere il parcheggio a disposizione davanti a casa. La zona è industriale, ma una volta varcata la soglia sembra di essere in mezzo alla natura! Con la comodità di essere ad un passo dai supermercati e dalle principali vie di comunicazione. Da considerare però che i consumi sono da pagare a parte: per una settimana abbiamo speso € 135,00 complessivi (ma non abbiamo mai usato la sauna).
right on the edge of the forest.
In the forest there is a circular path on which you can walk, jog, bike