About the property
- House3200 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 4 nights
House, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
Welcome to Moonstone House Breckenridge! Our home is a Victorian style house that is a wonderful family get-away.
Forested Area: Nestled next to National forest, it is a 3 story vacation home within an intimate wooded setting. Relax and enjoy your stay summer or winter. Private fenced back yard!
Seclusion: This perfect mountain escape has the feeling of seclusion but conveniently located just minutes from Main Street.
Ski: The distance from our driveway to the free “Breckconnect” gondolas is a short 1.4 miles.
Hike or Bike: Forest trails steps away out the back gate.
Our home is a spacious 3,200 square feet of comfortably furnished accommodations featuring:
On the main level:
- Large living room with vaulted ceilings that rise above a river rock gas fireplace. The perfect setting to relax and warm up after a day in the snow. Enjoy putting your feet up and sipping hot cocoa on soft, cozy leather sofas and recliner love seat.
- Off the living room you'll find full glass doors leading to the large redwood outdoor deck where you can take in the beauty of the large fenced back yard and the splendor of the surrounding pine forest.
- The fully equipped kitchen has all the conveniences of home. From the all new appliances to the dishes and silverware. All you’ll need is a quick trip to the local market to prepare your home style family meals.
- Just past the kitchen is the dining room with a large table that seats 8 comfortably with room for more.
- Laundry room with a washer, natural gas dryer and utility sink.
- The convenient powder room.
On the upper level:
- Two full size bedrooms that both have queen size beds, closet space and dresser draws. Cable television and DVD players are available in each room to relax with your favorite night time show. One bedroom also has a futon to curl up on with a good book.
- A full bathroom. This upstairs bath has a standup shower and large bath tub to melt away the soreness of a full day on the slopes.
On the lower level:
- The lower level has a great family room for hours of family fun time. Enjoy the 30 channels of cable television, your favorite DVD, or unplug with some family board games next to the warmth of a natural gas stove.
- The third over sized bedroom with a cozy King bed and a traditional trundle bed (2 twin mattresses). It can be used as a single bed or pulled the second bed out to sleep two.
- The second full bathroom.
Internet: Stay connected with WI-FI throughout the home.
Parking: Over sized two car garage to keep your cars clear of snow. Additional parking in the driveway.
Breckenridge is an authentic Colorado historic mining town. Featuring Colorado’s largest historic district including: over 30 restaurants and pubs and 200 quaint shops lining Main Street. Local services from a recreation center to grocery stores to church services. Breckenridge has everything you need to make your stay more comfortable.
Breckenridge is one of the world’s most popular ski destinations and one of Colorado’s favorite mountain resorts. It is consistently ranked as one of the Top 10 Ski Resorts in North America.
Opening Day is usually early November.
Keywords: family vacation home, Victorian style house, ski destination, mountain escape,comfortably furnished
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- english, german, greek
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 19, 2018
This is a family owned property used primarily as a second home and get away. Our kids loved it as toddlers and continue to enjoy it as teenagers.
Scott purchased this House in 1999
Why Scott chose Breckenridge Heights
We love Breckenridge!
What makes this House unique
The serenity of the backyard. Unique and special.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Overall great location, beautiful property and spacious home. Owner Scott responds quickly to any questions or concerns. Unable to give 5 stars because TV in our bedroom had only one channel we could get and was in spanish and we were unable to change it. We like to watch the news in the morning while enjoying coffee and the view, but the main living room has no TV. My daughter, son-in-law and grandkids were downstairs where the second family room with TV was located. We didn't want to wake them by going down.
Mary Ann - As you mentioned, I am quick to respond. Unfortunately you never contacted me regarding the channel challenges you were having. All TV's get all channels. A simple phone call to me or my maintenance guy could have been a 5 minute fix! Please call next time. And we deliberately choose to not have a TV on the main level. It's the family social area - dining, fireside chats and family games with out the electronic distractions. TV's in all bedrooms & downstairs family room for those in the mood for electronic entertainment. .
Very cozy home, close to town with lots of room for the entire family and some friends!
We absolutely loved our stay at the Moonstone House. It was a lovely house, very clean, very roomy with all kinds of amenities. It was a 5-10 minute drive to the slopes and it was totally worth it! Scott, the owner is very accommodating and a very nice person.
It was fantastic place , very comfortable . We spend good time .
Good place , we loved it. Very close to downtown and sky center. Thank you
Thank you Maria! Safe travels, Scott
Our dreaming vacation
We loved it. The house is beautiful, close to town and has everything you need. Im happy we choose it!
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review Santiago! As you know, this is our family’s home & these reviews are important yo us. I’m so glad you had a good stay in Breck & our home.
Comfortable and great location
More than enough space for our party of 7. Very close proximity to Breck village and about one hour from Vail and other ski slopes. Will rent again. Scott was very responsive and helpful in answering our questions. The house has many essentials within it.
William we look forward to your return! As we are a family business, we appreciate the positive review and kind words. Please do let me know when your plans bring you to Breckenridge again. Safe travels, Scott
Great Experience at the Moonstone House
We had a great stay at the Moonstone House. Scott was very responsive, check-in and check-out were easy and the house itself was impeccable. I would recommend the house to anyone looking for a quiet place close to Breckenridge.
James Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a small family business, it is very helpful to get these type of reviews! I appreciate your positive review. Please let me know if your travel plans bring you back to Breckenridge. Regards, Scott