The cabin is tucked away in a quiet little development between the historic town of Jim Thorpe and Big Boulder ski resort. Surrounded by lush rhododendron on a wooded lot, the property offers a sense of seclusion without sacrificing the security that comes with being in a community. It is a quiet and peaceful place to relax and enjoy nature.
The interior of the house is newly renovated. The main living area consists of a combined living room and kitchen with a vaulted ceiling open to a 2nd floor loft. The kitchen is well equipped, the living room is comfortable and has a cozy gas fireplace. The loft is a family room with cable TV, DVD player, books, and board games.
Outside you can relax on the deck or hang out at the fire pit. There is a gas grille and table with chairs for outside dining.
There is no shortage of things to do in the Poconos. Below is a list of some area attractions.
- Close to the quaint historic town of Jim Thorpe for shopping, dining, entertainment, historic tours, and scenic train ride.
- Hiking and biking trails at Hickory Run State park (home of Boulder Field), and Lehigh Gorge State Park (Glen Onoko Falls and Lehigh Gorge trail).
- Skiing at nearby Jack Frost/Big Boulder
- White water rafting and paintball at Pocono Whitewater
- concerts at Penns Peak concert venue
- Pocono Raceway
- Beltsville Lake
There are a number of area restaurants/taverns serving everything from pub food to fine dining.