Ideal for 2-family groups. Maximum 12 people
Owner/architect-designed, award-winning, waterfront vacation complex on a private 2-acre site! Published in Cottage Life, Dwell and Southern Design & Building.
A DREAM COME TRUE? YOUR OWN SPACE - ON A 2-FAMILY OR GROUP VACATION?
2 separate fully-serviced cabins within 1 complex overlooking our private harbour await you at Cameron Point, on the shores of freshwater Georgian Bay, ON Canada, between Wiarton and Owen Sound.
- 4 modern buildings linked by a shared cedar deck (82' x 40') with cedar/steel roof, overlooking our private harbour below and the blue waters of Colpoy's Bay
- two 2-storey, fully-serviced open-concept 2-bedroom cabins (each 15' x 30') with fully-equipped kitchens in each
- 3-piece bathroom with showers (no bathtubs) in each house
- two adjacent guest sleeping/play bunkies (each 10' x 10')
- sleeping for 12 people inside houses and bunkies: on 1 king, 1 queen, 2 double, 4 single: (2 bunks, plus 1 long bunk for 2 children head-to-toe), plus extra cot with mattress
- additional open-air sleeping space with your tent or air mattresses on guest cabin roof lofts
BOOK THIS UNIQUE EXPERIENCE IN VACATION LIVING NOW!
- Cottage Life. April 2013. Feature. Online slideshow: One cottage: two families
- Dwell. May 2012. Feature in "The Now" Online story/slideshow:
- Southern Design & Building. Dec. 12, 2012.
- 2011 Wood Design Awards from Wood Design and Building Magazine, recognizing Innovative Wood Design in North America. One of 16 award winners out of 100 entries! See:
Only $3,500.00/week, plus 13% HST to experience this one-of-a-kind award-winning vacation complex. That's only $42/night per person for a group of 12, and for a group of 6 it's only $84/night per person. Canada Stays applies an additional fee.
100% of fee required to make reservation booking per Canada Stays policy.
A refundable Damage/Cleaning Deposit of $300 including 13 % HST, is payable 60 days prior to your arrival date. Subject to damage or if additional cleaning required (other than for normal wear and tear), the deposit will be returned to you shortly following departure date, in whole or in part, at Owner's discretion. Email funds transfer payments preferred because it's easy for both of us.
How to Apply for a Reservation and Guarantee Your Booking:
1. Make your Booking Request online.
2. We will connect with you by email and then possibly by phone to discuss your needs and answer any questions not answered in this listing or the photos!
3. If there is a fit, we will email you a 3-page Application Form and separate License Agreement for you to read, complete, sign, scan and email back.
4. Once approved, we will email you written acknowledgement of your reservation booking and confirm online on the Canada Stays site.
STUNNING SUNSET VIEWS and INCREDIBLE DARK SKY STARGAZING:
From the deck, patio or from inside through front and side glass curtain walls overlooking our quiet private harbour below and the cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment on the horizon. Or from the beach! Or on the water!
RELAX, ENTERTAIN AND PLAY ON THE DECK:
From the large-scale post & beam structure hang seats, swings, beds & lanterns, covered by a beautiful roof providing a variety of generous outdoor dining/playing/sleeping spaces.
FRESH BLUE WATER!:
- 300' of limestone flat shingle beach waterfront; virtually private with small beach deck and shallow water entrance, picnic table, fire/barbecue pit. Bring your Water Shoes and wet suits if you have them
- clear, deep blue water to swim, snorkel, SCUBA dive, motor boat, fish, canoe, kayak, windsurf, sail and SUP (Stand Up Paddling) around the offshore islands. Wetsuits (3mm) really help in July!
- 2 sit-on top ocean kayaks (easy to use) provided with paddles (1 double and 1 single)
- 1 beginner's windsurfer with sails. Can be used without sails as SUP board. 1 SUP paddle
- 1 paddle boat (4-seater). (Except some weekends when Owner may use it elsewhere)
- our protected private harbour below the house, with boat slips up to ~22 feet length, if available, for additional fee of $300/week. Must have valid Boater's License and experience on Great Lakes.
OR THE BRUCE ITSELF!
- bike, hike, walk, drive to explore spectacular Niagara Escarpment cliffs and caves on Bruce Trail with panoramic water views
- 45 min. to Sauble Beach for a â??sand and surfâ? experience
- 45 min. to horseback-riding rentals in Purple Valley
- 60 min. to Tobermory, Flower Pot Islands and caves of Cypress Lake Park
GREEN MODERNIST WITH TRADITION!
Designed with green building principles, aiming for a net zero carbon footprint, with:
- 1 propane kitchen stove/oven in each cabin
- 1 wood-burning stove in each cabin (electric heaters for bunkies)
- roof rainwater collected with UV filters (not for drinking)
- a large photovoltaic solar array on roof
- optimized passive heating/cooling/ventilation
- natural clay floors with easy-to-clean wax seal
- interior finish details reflect mid-20th century local cottage styles
- surrounding forest of cedar, pine, balsam, birch and poplar
- herb garden (as is)
- wireless Internet
- land-line phone (extra charge for long-distance); mobile coverage is good
- NO TV, DVD, cable or satellite (bring your tablet/computer instead)
REMOTE FEELING, YET MINUTES TO:
- 4- min. drive, 10 min. bike or 20 min. walk to Big Bay General Store for homemade ice cream.
- 1/2 km east of store visit Keppelcroft, an award-winning garden. See:
- 1 km east of store visit our friends at Edale eco-complex with their clay-oven bakery for artesan bread, fresh roasted Ironwood coffee to buy.
- 15 min. drive to Wiarton; 25 min. to Owen Sound for fresh fish, farmers markets, groceries at Foodland in Wiarton, groceries at Zehrs in Owen Sound, hardware, liquor/beer stores, golf courses
- modern, minimalist style living room and kitchen/ bar furniture
- refrigerator/freezer and dishwashers in each main cabin
- 2 washing machines, 1 dryer for shared use, in mechanical room in basement
- 2 propane barbecues (house source propane, no tank to fill!) on the deck, beside each cabin
- deck dining tables and modernist deck/patio furniture for each main cabin
- patio with custom-designed fireplace overlooking harbour
- trampoline and tree house (use at your own risk)
- private parking for several vehicles adjacent to the house or in our guest parking